Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 13th October

Options
  • 12-10-2018 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

I'm possibly off to Limerick tomorrow but not 100% sure just yet so I'll get my main bets up for tomorrow that I'll be having a decent few quid on.

1.40 Hexam, Arthur Mac, I'll be laying this, currently around 2.0 in the market

2.25 Newmarket, Persian King, I'll be laying this, currently around 2.8ish

3.00 Nermarket, Too darn hot, already backed it @ 1.99/1.97. Definitely my best bet of the day.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

3:40 Newmarket.

Coeur de Lion’s chances of getting involved here look very strong . He has been running well this year and caught the eye at Ascot . He has form over the course and distance and 50/1 is huge.

2 points ew 50/1 6 places 1/4 place with 365

In addition I’ll give Scotland another shot he had far to much to do in the ebor but did make an eye catching move to get around the field and that left its mark . His gold cup run this year puts him in the picture here and I can’t resist a 3 figure price .

1 point ew 7 places 100/1 lads 6 places elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

York 3:15 - George Bowen 20/1 is a progressive sort who has excuses in his last two races being drawn badly and running over a less suitable 7f trip. Conditions, trip, and draw all more favourable today so this course and distance winner should be more competitive this time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Reckon the English hype horse gets over turned in the Dewhurst. Amazed it is sub even money when it has beaten nothing and you consider Aidan's record.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

3.40 Newmarket Cleonte
    Taking a chance on Andrew Baldings horse - decent draw, solid form, will go on soft. Hold up horse so needs a bit of luck, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I like the look of Norway in the next at Newmarket.

Was impressed enough with him lto in an awful maiden, but he's coming along nicely and he's bred for this trip and ground. Interesting he's taking this step up in class today, ahead of a lot of others O'Brien could have thrown at this race.

Worth an interest at 4s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Reckon the English hype horse gets over turned in the Dewhurst. Amazed it is sub even money when it has beaten nothing and you consider Aidan's record.

I agree that Too Darn Hot is way too overhyped and his form isn't that hot at all, but there's nothing else jumping out either. One to watch rather than bet in for me. The opener is a cracker of a race for such a small field.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Slattsy wrote: »
    I like the look of Norway in the next at Newmarket.

Was impressed enough with him lto in an awful maiden, but he's coming along nicely and he's bred for this trip and ground. Interesting he's taking this step up in class today, ahead of a lot of others O'Brien could have thrown at this race.

Worth an interest at 4s

Good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I'm of the opposite opinion on Too darn hot, I think he's a beast. I'll not bother having a bet but he looks very good to my untrained eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Looking forward to seeing this Persian King again. Not sure I'd be betting him but wouldn't take him on either. He looks a very smart horse.

Hard to get a handle on that form. But Jesus is he a looker.

• Advertisement

The 2nd is the one to take out of that race, still looked green.

Slattsy wrote: »
    The 2nd is the one to take out of that race, still looked green.

I'm not sure they are both nice horses. The French horse looked like he was holding a bit back himself.

This is some race in fairness. I think I could convince myself to back any one of the first five in the betting for one reason or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

2.40 Hexham, simply the betts, had a decent few quid to win @ 1.8

Gotta be taking on TDH here with AVD. There's no way this thing wants good to firm ground, especially not at Newmarket.

No bet race, one to enjoy. Hope Too darn hot destroys them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Just cannot see too darn hot getting beat, hopefully a demolition job.

Could be a decent one. Won well.

That was class..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Absolute beast. Frankie likely say himself that was a poor ride yet he still put that run in. Lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

best I've seen in a long time

Whoosh step up in trip will suit him well. Could be a superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Impressive from Too Darn Hot. Ground looks a lot looser than official going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Went 7/1 in running

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

So impressive after the line and the form is rock solid. Also you gotta love the want to win attitude of the horse.

mailburner wrote: »
    best I've seen in a long time

Hi Aidan :pac:

I've gone for Golden Spear and Low Sun.

small e/w bets :)

Couple of good shouts there today Slattsy

Only had one bet today so far in the Cesarewitch.

I find this handicap hurdle in the next in chepstow quite interesting if not I know little of most of the form due to the time of season. Louis Vac Pouch was rather disappointing at Cheltenham when we'll fancied. But Hobbs horses were running stink at the time. He is back in form now and surely is worth a bet at the prices.
    The other I was interested in was Azzerti for Alan King. He was dissapointing on Chase debut making quite a number of novice mistakes. Another at a price I took a chance on.
    25/1 & 16/1

• Advertisement

Also I think Different League is worth taking on at Newmarket. She is not the type of filly who I think will enjoy these conditions with the wind and what not.

I took a chance on Classical Times. She has to carry a 3lb penalty but she has some nice form in the book and I think she will enjoy the conditions. At about 7/1

Advertisement