Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icons Issue 1 : Withdrawal Symptoms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Necrominus wrote: »
    Squiramorph darts upwards, heading for the top of the leg before crossing over the front and stopping in the middle for a moment.

The Loomie frantically punches at where it itches, catching Squiramorph squarely in the chest and .... um.... how can I put this delicately? There is some collateral self inflicted damage? The Loomie's knees fold together and he groans. Squiramorph bites deeply into the nearest exposed bit of flesh and then runs off down the right hand leg, diving out of the leg cuff as the Loomie comes crashing to the ground with a whimper.

Squiramorph - 3 Stamina.
    Loomie#5 -4 Stamina plus stunned for 1 turn

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Banjo wrote: »
    Are you following the wall to your left, your right or just following the voices? Also - please roll your Co-Ordination vs [d6+2] and also [d6+5]

Heffernan follows the voices.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The Loomie frantically punches at where it itches, catching Squiramorph squarely in the chest and .... um.... how can I put this delicately? There is some collateral self inflicted damage? The Loomie's knees fold together and he groans. Squiramorph bites deeply into the nearest exposed bit of flesh and then runs off down the right hand leg, diving out of the leg cuff as the Loomie comes crashing to the ground with a whimper.

Squiramorph - 3 Stamina.
    Loomie#5 -4 Stamina plus stunned for 1 turn

Squiramorph shakes her mousey little head, drops a little mouse turd near the groaning Loomie's face and scampers off into the fog towards the shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

He exits into another guard station. A logo on the wall confirms that this is indeed the bank, as he had suspected. There are stairs to his left going up, another security desk with X-Ray and Metal Detector to his right and beyond that another security door. The noise is louder here, and clearly coming from beyond the security door. Behind the security desk is an unconscious guard.

Plasma Squirrel passes through the metal detector and approaches the door to the right from which the noise is coming. He looks around the security desk and casts an eye over the unconscious guard to make sure he isnt in any obvious distress.

'Whatever is upstairs will have to wait - the immediate threat is probably whatever is making that noise' he thinks to himself.

Plas attempts to open the security door as quietly as possible so he doesn't give himself away to whomever or whatever is past the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

In the Foyer, Indigo sees the doors burst outwards and a man with tentacle arms goes running out into the street. Behind him he can see 4 Loomies with firing wildly in the general direction of the door, clearly shooting blind. None of the shots come near him. A fifth is over by a window on the left dancing and thumping himself on the leg. At the back of the room on the right is a huge mass of matter rubbing his big melty hands together.
    Indigo notices their seeming confusion and runs for the group.
    He tosses the wooden rack at the group when he nears them intent on knocking out anybody who is floored. If nobody is he hopes the distraction will give him a chance to land some blows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Through half-opened eyes, Shelly sees a "sexy young dude" (those are not my words, are they Fourier?) materialise out of thin air behind the remaining guard and clobber him on the head. She also notices that the unconcious body she was lying beside is suddenly breathing quite rapidly - like her, he was faking. But now he's very agitated, his eyes darting from the guard to the exit to the floor down near his waist. Shelly notices that there's a puddle of liquid on the ground and due to a slight slope in the flooring it's beginning to flow towards their heads.

Shelly tries to get a better look at the liquid and takes a keen note of any smells emaninating from it, so that she can try to determine what it is, and the source, somebody losing bladder control or one of the stray bullets piercing a petrol tank in one of the vehicles, come to mind immediatly as possible sources she wants to rule out before commiting to moving out of its way.

OOC: I think the faker beside shelly pissed themselves dude.

OOC : I'm curious - which of the two is the liquid you'll get out of the way of?

OOC : I'm curious - which of the two is the liquid you'll get out of the way of?
    ooc: I believe she'd move for both of those, but if its something else like water dripping from the vehicles due to it being wet out, then she wouldn't bother moving.

Bank, Main Hall
    Heffernan follows the voices.

Heffernan edges slowly into the fog
    Roll Co-Ordination vs [d6+2] to see if you're heard
    Squiramorph shakes her mousey little head, drops a little mouse turd near the groaning Loomie's face and scampers off into the fog towards the shouting.
    Under the circumstances you can't fail the roll, so not worth waiting for one
    Leaving the plaintive moan of "OOOOOOOWWWWW SOMETHING WAS IN MY TROUSERS AND BIT MY BALLS!" behind her, Squiramorph scampers towards where the other voices came from. She very quickly reaches a wooden base - like a single, solid, elongated table leg - and following that along, the feet of another Loomie, presumably using this wooden structure for cover. The footwear suggest she's female, and there's a lot less play in her trousers.

You could still get up the leg but it's at a -2 penalty on your rolls to go unnoticed, I'm afraid. She rolled way high on the unbagginess die
    Pter wrote: »
    Plasma Squirrel passes through the metal detector and approaches the door to the right from which the noise is coming. He looks around the security desk and casts an eye over the unconscious guard to make sure he isnt in any obvious distress.

'Whatever is upstairs will have to wait - the immediate threat is probably whatever is making that noise' he thinks to himself.

Plas attempts to open the security door as quietly as possible so he doesn't give himself away to whomever or whatever is past the door.

The desk has a phone and terminal displaying 4 black and white feeds from CCTV. 2 of them show are blank as if fogged up. 1 of them flicks from a picture of an empty stairwell to fog every 5 seconds or so. The 4th flicks from what look like a rack of very small lockers to a view of the vault door with a bright white blur in the middle of it.

The guard is not in any obvious distress.

The door doesn't budge when he gently pushes it.
    Fourier wrote: »
    Indigo notices their seeming confusion and runs for the group.
    He tosses the wooden rack at the group when he nears them intent on knocking out anybody who is floored. If nobody is he hopes the distraction will give him a chance to land some blows.

Indigo sees that 2 of the Loomies are behind the customer service desk, with the other two flanking them behind the lodgement slip desks either side. The fifth seems to have neutralised himself for now by punching himself in the balls, which was very accommodating of him. The two behind the desk look close enough together that he might hit them both.

For continuity purposes, they've stopped firing out the door.
    I need a couple of things. Roll your Co-Ordination vs Awareness to see if they hear you coming. In no particular order your targets are : 5,5,4,6 - this will determine whether there's a response to you throwing and/or their ability to dodge.
    Regardless, pick who you're throwing at (Left, Middle 2, Right) and who you'd like to take a swing at.
    Finally roll your throw (d6+Willpower).
    We'll see how it shakes out from there.

sKeith wrote: »
    Shelly tries to get a better look at the liquid and takes a keen note of any smells emaninating from it, so that she can try to determine what it is, and the source, somebody losing bladder control or one of the stray bullets piercing a petrol tank in one of the vehicles, come to mind immediatly as possible sources she wants to rule out before commiting to moving out of its way.

A quick sniff suggests that it is indeed a loss of bladder control. She's fairly sure it wasn't her loss. But if she doesn't get out of the way soon it's going to be her gain....

• Advertisement

Plasma Squirrel looks around for some kind of lock or keypad he can possibly break / use to open the door.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bank, Main Hall

Under the circumstances you can't fail the roll, so not worth waiting for one
    Leaving the plaintive moan of "OOOOOOOWWWWW SOMETHING WAS IN MY TROUSERS AND BIT MY BALLS!" behind her, Squiramorph scampers towards where the other voices came from. She very quickly reaches a wooden base - like a single, solid, elongated table leg - and following that along, the feet of another Loomie, presumably using this wooden structure for cover. The footwear suggest she's female, and there's a lot less play in her trousers.

You could still get up the leg but it's at a -2 penalty on your rolls to go unnoticed, I'm afraid. She rolled way high on the unbagginess die

OOC: No pants climbing this time. Is the Loomie wearing those bracers described earlier though?

Squiramorph hops onto the boot and inspects the laces. If they're tied, she tries to gnaw through one of the loops to get a free end of lace.

Indigo sees that 2 of the Loomies are behind the customer service desk, with the other two flanking them behind the lodgement slip desks either side. The fifth seems to have neutralised himself for now by punching himself in the balls, which was very accommodating of him. The two behind the desk look close enough together that he might hit them both.

For continuity purposes, they've stopped firing out the door.
    I need a couple of things. Roll your Co-Ordination vs Awareness to see if they hear you coming. In no particular order your targets are : 5,5,4,6 - this will determine whether there's a response to you throwing and/or their ability to dodge.
    Regardless, pick who you're throwing at (Left, Middle 2, Right) and who you'd like to take a swing at.
    Finally roll your throw (d6+Willpower).
    We'll see how it shakes out from there.
    OOC:
    Results of check vs Awareness were 11, 10, 7, 9
    Attacking middle two behind desk
    Willpower check was 14

shelly jumps up and away from the pee-pee not wanting her clothes to come in contact. Can't have the "sexy young dude" thinking she soiled her own clothes.

OOC: No pants climbing this time. Is the Loomie wearing those bracers described earlier though?

Squiramorph hops onto the boot and inspects the laces. If they're tied, she tries to gnaw through one of the loops to get a free end of lace.

Slip-ons I'm afraid

OOC:
    Results of check vs Awareness were 11, 10, 7, 9
    Attacking middle two behind desk
    Willpower check was 14

Ooc : only the first one was needed - you're setting the bar that they failed to beat.

"...and a dental plan - well it goes without saying, dunnit? - but, like, we're family, bro, I can't walk away from HOLY ****!"
    Pamphlets fly everywhere and the 2 on the customer service desk go down stunned. The Loomie on the left leaps to her feet, the one on the right hears the clatter and raises his candlestick defensively, then spins not towards Indigo but a noise beyond him. Indy becomes aware of a portly gentleman to his right shuffling along with his arms held gingerly out, taking exaggerated (but, alas, ineffectual) 'stealth mode' footsteps.

Ooc. Lefty may join the fray depending on Necro, you get a free shot at Righty, middle two are stunned.

sKeith wrote: »
    shelly jumps up and away from the pee-pee not wanting her clothes to come in contact. Can't have the "sexy young dude" thinking she soiled her own clothes.

Climbing to her feet she hears the squeal of tyres, the blare of sirens and the thunder of jackbooted feet as the police response arrives outside.

She is mercifully pee free.

Her companion leaps to his feet when he hears the police arrive, but either he's a nervous sweater or he waited too long. In either case, he runs for his freedom.

Behind her, in the main hall, a shelf hits two guys in the face.

Slip-ons I'm afraid

OOC: Ooooh, exposed ankle/achilles?

Squiramorph inspects the back of the foot and thinks about having a nibble.

Pamphlets fly everywhere and the 2 on the customer service desk go down stunned. The Loomie on the left leaps to her feet, the one on the right hears the clatter and raises his candlestick defensively, then spins not towards Indigo but a noise beyond him. Indy becomes aware of a portly gentleman to his right shuffling along with his arms held gingerly out, taking exaggerated (but, alas, ineffectual) 'stealth mode' footsteps.

Ooc. Lefty may join the fray depending on Necro, you get a free shot at Righty, middle two are stunned.
    Indigo grits his teeth and turns to deck the Loomie to the right.

OOC: Ooooh, exposed ankle/achilles?

Squiramorph inspects the back of the foot and thinks about having a nibble.

Back of the ankle is wide open and she's distracted if you fancy rolling (mouse prowess and str is power level, kill unlikely but have a go!)

• Advertisement

As her victim leaps to her feet, Squiramorph sinks her rodentures deep into a tensed Achilles tendon, eliciting an almighty scream and she falls straight back down again squealing "I'm bit!"

Ooc : Prone outcome, she'll lose a round getting back up.

Indy clobbers the remaining Loomie sending him flying across the path of the portly gentleman and into the wall, where he slumps unconscious. The massive lumpen shape growls, having no idea what's happening, just that it's happening a few feet away, and leaps forward.

It's the blind punching the blind! CRIPPLEFIGHT!
    (Nebel, roll init!
    Four, you can join Nebel, fight Nebel or finish off the stunned 3. Or ignore em all, I'm not the boss of you!
    Necro, you can only see the one you bit
    Skeith, I hate you and your fog.
    Pter, I'll get back to you shortly)

As her victim leaps to her feet, Squiramorph sinks her rodentures deep into a tensed Achilles tendon, eliciting an almighty scream and she falls straight back down again squealing "I'm bit!"

Ooc : Prone outcome, she'll lose a round getting back up.

Indy clobbers the remaining Loomie sending him flying across the path of the portly gentleman and into the wall, where he slumps unconscious. The massive lumpen shape growls, having no idea what's happening, just that it's happening a few feet away, and leaps forward.

It's the blind punching the blind! CRIPPLEFIGHT!
    (Nebel, roll init!
    Four, you can join Nebel, fight Nebel or finish off the stunned 3. Or ignore em all, I'm not the boss of you!
    Necro, you can only see the one you bit
    Skeith, I hate you and your fog.
    Pter, I'll get back to you shortly)

Squiramorph scampers up the legs of the fallen thug and plants her teeth into her derriere.

Indigo decides to finish off the three stunned on the ground before turning to the rest of the fight.

Squiramorph flits from ankle to calf to thigh, faster than Baldy Jo can slap at her, sinking her teeth into the Loomie's buttock. Over by the wall, 'Balls' staggers to his feet and follows the scream.

As the pair in the middle struggle out from under the shelving Indy steps in and cracks one mightily on the chin, snapping his head back and putting him to sleep. The other slaps his fists together, sending a fiery bolt into Indy's side.

Ooc : -4 stamina

Meanwhile Jo keeps slapping but she just can't pin the mouse down. Her colleague tries to help but comes closer to braining her than crushing a rodent. Squiramorph takes a final chunk out of her prey and runs - the pain is too much and the loomette passes out.

suggested quality : Man-eater

Pausing here - Fourier, you're owed a swing at Doug (prowess Vs 7) should you choose

Squiramorph darts back the way she came in the direction of the exit.

She's starting to worry about Plasma Squirrel.

OOC: Missed, got a 5 :(

Pter wrote: »
    Plasma Squirrel looks around for some kind of lock or keypad he can possibly break / use to open the door.

Based on the frame it appears that it's a sliding door. There are 2 flat, featureless pads at about handle height either side of the door.

Plas puts his palm on one of the pads to see what happens.

OOC: Missed, got a 5 :(
    OOC : Indeed! Luckily Doug spectacularly missed you, and is shooting in the direction of Mr Heffernan and the Tallowman... Will resolve that shortly. There are still 2 up, one of them is looking for the mouse, the other is shooting at you. Behind you - well we don't know what's going on as Nebelwerfer is tied up at work right now. But it's been going on for 3 rounds. For the sake of continuity, might be best if you just keep punching Doug!

• Advertisement

Squiramorph darts back the way she came in the direction of the exit.

She's starting to worry about Plasma Squirrel.

In the fog it's pretty easy to dart under Balls's feet and back to the wall, following it around, leaving the scuffling to the gang-bangers and the mysterious yet undeniably sexy young dude(tm).

The Foyer is as she left it - foggy. Although it now has a stronger smell of urine than she remembers.

Advertisement