Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking issue with a neighbour and looking for advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BoneIdol

I hear ya mate , its a mad situation , I think we will just need to have a chat with him and sort it out
    Thanks for the advice , i appreciate it

He's doing nothing wrong so I'd be very careful about having too many chats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Gerry T

dulpit wrote:
    I don't see how this will help? The parking permit areas are usually across an area, so if the houses are within 150 yards or so they'll likely be in same area, so they'll be entitled to the same permits.

Where I live the parking disc is specific to a road (Harolds cross in dublin). So I can't park 30m from my house on a side road. The disc has the road name printed on it.
    But there could be different schemes in different parts of the country.
    Funny thing is, even with disc parking people tend to park in the same spot so the ownership thing is still there 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭thebadguy88

BoneIdol wrote: »
    He's doing nothing wrong so I'd be very careful about having too many chats.

Its a free country one can talk with who ever they want , thanks for the advice thou

Gerry T wrote: »
    Where I live the parking disc is specific to a road (Harolds cross in dublin). So I can't park 30m from my house on a side road. The disc has the road name printed on it.
    But there could be different schemes in different parts of the country.
    Funny thing is, even with disc parking people tend to park in the same spot so the ownership thing is still there ��

Its just messy all round so really!

dulpit wrote: »
    I don't see how this will help? The parking permit areas are usually across an area, so if the houses are within 150 yards or so they'll likely be in same area, so they'll be entitled to the same permits.

I think the council will need to do soemthing to the area as a whole as its is after getting very very bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,426 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Its a free country one can talk with who ever they want , thanks for the advice thou
    And park in any public spot they want :D

TheChizler wrote: »
    And park in any public spot they want :D

Thats true too kid , i think il park outside his house:):)

You'll have the guards knocking on your door quicker than you think.

You'll have the guards knocking on your door quicker than you think.

From having an adults conversation???

From having an adults conversation???

With all due respect you aren't coming across like that's what is going to happen. You have said one bully boy has almost come to blows with him. By all means have a conversation but he's in the right and if you persist in approaching him the Guards will warn you for harassment.

• Advertisement

With all due respect you aren't coming across like that's what is going to happen. You have said one bully boy has almost come to blows with him. By all means have a conversation but he's in the right and if you persist in approaching him the Guards will warn you for harassment.

A bully boy approached him??
    The person who knocked on his door asked him why he had his two vehicles parked outside his house and had a further two outside his house
    I guess its common courtesy and abit of respect
    Maybe I have different morals and ideals, were all different
    I have no intention of harrassing noone , im a successful business person and dont have the time or interest

A bully boy approached him??
    The person who knocked on his door asked him why he had his two vehicles parked outside his house and had a further two outside his house
    I guess its common courtesy and abit of respect
    Maybe I have different morals and ideals, were all different
    I have no intention of harrassing noone , im a successful business person and dont have the time or interest

It's nobody's business where he parks his vehicles on a public road.

It's nobody's business where he parks his vehicles on a public road.

Im not too sure about that being honest , talking to few sources I beg to differ, considering he has 4 vehicles
    Il let you know the outcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Not sure on this one but weren't camper vans only allowed to park on public road for about 9 months if it was your own drive then all year

jimbev wrote: »
    Not sure on this one but weren't camper vans only allowed to park on public road for about 9 months if it was your own drive then all year

This crowd has two of them parked up , one barely ever moves!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Look in to your local bye-laws it might be the case you can put forward

jimbev wrote: »
    Look in to your local bye-laws it might be the case you can put forward

Hey mate they have two of them , they are vans converted into campers like.
    One of them never moves and all he ever does is switch there parking spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

dulpit wrote: »

True but would they give one resident 4 permits?
    And anyway it's a country town, so not likely to be disc parking...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

If your a successful business person then you have a solicitor. Talk to him or her.
    They will tell you exactly what you've been told here but you might actually believe them instead of getting snotty.
    Just cos you don't agree with what a poster says, it doesn't mean their wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Are they taxed? Is he parking in a public space and not breaking any law? What's the issue here.
    Sounds like you need to understand that the roads do not belong to you. OP wheter you mean it or not there is a sense of entitlement off you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I'd call up to him, tell him thats "your"* spot, youve parked there 25years, you really need it as you've a gammy hip, and have trouble walking far or some sh1t3.

He might be reasonable.
    Banging on doors at 11pm is a last resort, and is only going to get worse.

*Which it isnt. Youve zero entitlement to it. Its your neighbours good grace, that its always free.

Advertisement