Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C/F pistol ammo.

Options
  • 06-10-2018 12:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas about recent ammo prices. 9mm to be exact.

Getting prices of €18 to €20 for what i used to consider (and still do) crap ammo and then if the better stuff can be got it's over €20 per box. I understand not many people shoot C/F pistol anymore but it's gone up over 25% in price in the last 5 years and depending on the dealer, and they are few and far between now, it could be more.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Funny i was in with my local rfd snooping around the gun room yesterday where i seen boxes of 9mm sellier and bellot priced at 27 euro a box. Thought it was very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

What about buying up north?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

aaakev wrote: »
    What about buying up north?

Yeah a run up to tannyoky and buy a load in bulk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The guys in Tannyoky have a good selection, or had last time i was there, but with the exchange rate and the shop not being the cheapest, then factor in fuel, etc. It'll almost work out the same. Plus there is the extra "hassle" of an import license, etc.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Funny i was in with my local rfd snooping around the gun room yesterday where i seen boxes of 9mm sellier and bellot priced at 27 euro a box. Thought it was very expensive

It is.

Prices i've gotten have gone from €18 to €21 per box. The same stuff was €12 to €14 per box. Plus the gun doesn't like it that much. Same with the Luger stuff. Absolute dirt and the price was something in the €9-€10 per 100 mark. Now, when it can be gotten, they want over €13 per 50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Cass wrote: »
    It is.

Prices i've gotten have gone from €18 to €21 per box. The same stuff was €12 to €14 per box. Plus the gun doesn't like it that much. Same with the Luger stuff. Absolute dirt and the price was something in the €9-€10 per 100 mark. Now, when it can be gotten, they want over €13 per 50.

Now and i know absolutely noting about cf ammo just thoughg it was very pricey. Come to think of it it was 9mm luger

Seems to be one of two things:

You can oly get of them so pay what we want or go without.
    The price has risen, and with the "Irish RFD" tax, it's even higher.

Advertisement