Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathkeale locals unsuccessful €60K damages claim

Options
  • 04-10-2018 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭

link here

he seems to have had a bad run of car accidents, wonder what are the chances he will pay his court costs ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

2smiggy wrote: »
    link here

he seems to have had a bad run of car accidents, wonder what are the chances he will pay his court costs ?

He agreed he had sued for damages in accidents in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2010 and, while having withdrawn some of them, had been awarded €90,000 in an accident in which he had suffered serious leg injuries.

I'm constantly amazed by the neck of people who do this kind of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Maybe if they as fined for wasting court time they may think twice before attempting to pull off these stunts them where it hurts most their own pockets which will hopefully put an end to this kind of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Why was the guy reversing at a toll though?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Odhinn wrote: »
    I'm constantly amazed by the neck of people who do this kind of thing.
    Aye, and you'd think with hard necks like that the number of whiplash claims would be lower...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Really don't understand why some people are shocked considering he's from Rathkeale

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

There was a thread about this yesterday, albeit without the racist dog-whistle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

They don’t care. Their attitude is shure god loves a trier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

He probably spun his solicitor a tale of woe that sounded believable The solicitor only saw the CCTV evidence in court.

Surely a solicitor would be wanting to see this in the first instance? To establish speed etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Both him and the other guy involved in this scam should be prosecuted for fraud. That's what they committed. They lied under oath and only for CCTV they would've got away with it. It's sh!te like this that drives up everyone's insurance. Make an example of them.

• Site Banned Posts: 18 Afro Turner

Can't be racist against white people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

Can't be racist against white people.
    Stupid post of the year award nominee

DChancer wrote: »
    Stupid post of the year award nominee

That's funny. When you're ready to grow up I'll explain it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Outdoor market salesman

Outdoor market salesman

Slashook distributer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Are travelers a race?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Delighted that his solicitor is unlikely to see a penny for the time he put in on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I think it was the Irish Times I saw a letter in yesterday where the author reckoned it was the government/banks/vulture funds/landlords etc. fault and that people have had to "resort" to taking these sort of cases in order to acquire enough money to get by.

I do wonder if there's some parallel universe that I can't see that these people live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Has RayM changed his name again?

Dude above's all over AH, defending the indefensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,133 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Delighted that his solicitor is unlikely to see a penny for the time he put in on this.

Its swings and roundabouts

For every one lost a 100 more cases are successful. Its no big deal for the solicitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

Poor fella had an awful run of accidents there for a few years alright. I suppose in his business he's on the road a lot. Quiet country roads. At night.

I suggest he be accommodated in some sort of secure state facility, for his own safety of course.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Has RayM changed his name again?

Dude above's all over AH, defending the indefensible.

No need to be a dick, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Both him and the other guy involved in this scam should be prosecuted for fraud. That's what they committed. They lied under oath and only for CCTV they would've got away with it. It's sh!te like this that drives up everyone's insurance. Make an example of them.

If anyone remembers Bugatti Veyron driving in to a lake a few years ago?
    It turns out he tried to pull a quick one and insurance cought him. Charged him with fraud and he spent 10 months in prison.
    Why cant we have such laws here? If you cought on fraud, you should be punished, not just told: "Oh you, stop being naughty! Maybe better luck next time.".

No need to be a dick, tbh.

At least you're giving the c word a break of late.

At least you're giving the c word a break of late.

If, for any reason, you need to know someone's previous username(s), you can always just click on their profile and find it there, rather than using it as an excuse to make a snide dig.

Also - and this is where not being a dick comes into it - as people have lots of different reasons for closing their accounts and starting afresh, you should consider the fact that not everyone wants their previous accounts to be outed by other posters (personally, I don't mind, but you weren't to know that).

If, for any reason, you need to know someone's previous username(s), you can always just click on their profile and find it there, rather than using it as an excuse to make a snide dig.

Also - and this is where not being a dick comes into it - as people have lots of different reasons for closing their accounts and starting afresh, you should consider the fact that not everyone wants their previous accounts to be outed by other posters (personally, I don't mind, but you weren't to know that).

You didn't close your previous account.

Anyways, much ado etc.

You didn't close your previous account.

Anyways, much ado etc.

I did. And I also changed the name of this one (partly because I could never remember how to spell Hapax Legomenon when logging in). Both previous usernames are visible on my profile, so there should be no need to raise it in a thread. Especially since you had no idea whether I was happy for other members to know the identity of my previous account or not. Consider being more careful in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Are travelers a race?

No, nor does racism apply to just predudice in the terms of race, ethnicity and culture can form a basis for racism.

No, nor does racism apply to just predudice in the terms of race, ethnicity and culture can form a basis for racism.

Except you can't be racist against whites so travellers can stop whinging about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,389 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If anyone remembers Bugatti Veyron driving in to a lake a few years ago?
    It turns out he tried to pull a quick one and insurance cought him. Charged him with fraud and he spent 10 months in prison.
    Why cant we have such laws here? If you cought on fraud, you should be punished, not just told: "Oh you, stop being naughty! Maybe better luck next time.".

Wait till you hear what happened after that...

https://youtu.be/oe-rU03uJhI

Advertisement