Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1 2018 - Round 17 – Japan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ariivbene not happy. Mercs on pole now. Vettel down in 9th. Terrible from Ferrari.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Classic Ferrari. If they get the opportunity to make a decision, be sure that they'll f*ck it up.

Toro Rosso had a good quali.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,126 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Fair fcuks Hartley aswell.

Ms

Both Toro Rosso's done really good in 6th and 7th. Well done to them. Honda delighted Id say. Max Verstappen done good too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ferrari. Seriously. WTF.

Is Hamilton double jobbing as Ferrari strategist or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,381 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Wonder who made the call for Ferrari on the tyres. Was risky and both cars. Vettel a bit unlucky not to get a faster lap in (like Kimi did, although Vettel should have kept off kerb)

Good day for Honda

I really think Norris will replace Vandoorne before the season is out. Vandoorne has given up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Lewis is going to romp home. Ferrari need a management change for next year.

Ms

Wonder who made the call for Ferrari on the tyres. Was risky and both cars. Vettel a bit unlucky not to get a faster lap in (like Kimi did, although Vettel should have kept off kerb)

Good day for Honda

It was a terrible call. Did they even ask Vettel or Kimi I wonder or just look on there screen and decided a sure we will go inters straight away. Should be an easy race for Hamilton to win tomorrow now unless Max can do something about it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭Harika

Hero or zero call
    Also red bull will be happy with the performance of the Honda engine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Joeface

Like the mix up of the start line up. Looks like a straight result for Hamilton ...but that's when teams get it wrong. Vettel has to go for it tomorrow from ninth which only helps our viewing. Dani Ric has no luck lately .

Great for Honda today , hopefully the can keep both cars in the points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Joeface wrote: »
    Like the mix up of the start line up. Looks like a straight result for Hamilton ...but that's when teams get it wrong. Vettel has to go for it tomorrow from ninth which only helps our viewing. Dani Ric has no luck lately .

Great for Honda today , hopefully the can keep both cars in the points.

One can't be blamed for thinking that Red Bull must be sabotaging that car at this stage, Verstappen isn't having any such problems compared to Daniel Ricciardo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

One can't be blamed for thinking that Red Bull must be sabotaging that car at this stage, Verstappen isn't having any such problems compared to Daniel Ricciardo.

Ricciardo should just go on a long holiday until he joins Renault

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Ferrari just doing a Ferrari, operationally they're miles behind Mercedes.

Honda getting it right with the new upgrade, I bet they were wetting themselves laughing at Mclaren.

And shout out to Stroll for getting ahead of Hulk to make in to Q2. Good lap from him

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ricciardo should just go on a long holiday until he joins Renault
    His frustration was very clear today to see.

He'll need more than a long holiday after this, Verstappen will end up beating him this year but the stats won't show the reasons for it, reliability has been major for him, even his Monaco victory was beset by problems.

Is Max 3rd. He is a contender tomorrow, he knows from Russia that the Mercedes cannot follow him.a good start from him ...i know I'm reaching but trying to talk my self in to getting up to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Is Max 3rd. He is a contender tomorrow, he knows from Russia that the Mercedes cannot follow him.a good start from him ...i know I'm reaching but trying to talk my self in to getting up to watch

Too much reaching I think, Mercs will head off into the distance sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Inquitus wrote: »
    Too much reaching I think, Mercs will head off into the distance sadly.

giphy.gif

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Just watched the rerun. Yet another poor strategy call from Ferrari. Its beyond getting old at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The Suzuka circuit is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

It was a poor strategy call, but I think Di Resta is spot on when he says they had the best conditions before the rain came down. Vettel can have no excuses.

Also, I think Mercedes sold Ferrari a wonderful dummy because Hamilton and Bottas initially had inters on but then they changed after the Ferrari’s were waiting at the end of the pit lane.

Lot on twitter making the same joke after Leclerc was annoyed by Sauber making a bad call. Wonder how he feels seeing Ferrari's decision making :pac:

Ms

Your not the only one. Be delighted if Max can get ahead of both of them. Even if Lewis does eventually win at least some of the race would be exciting.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

Faugheen wrote: »
    It was a poor strategy call, but I think Di Resta is spot on when he says they had the best conditions before the rain came down. Vettel can have no excuses.

Also, I think Mercedes sold Ferrari a wonderful dummy because Hamilton and Bottas initially had inters on but then they changed after the Ferrari’s were waiting at the end of the pit lane.

Yeah he was saying Ferrari had a 90+ second advantage over Merc (as in Ferrari got out 90 seconds ahead of Merc), but Vettel spinning means he binned what should/could have been a front row lap

"Fernando Alonso said he did not leave one millimetre anywhere on "one of the best laps in my life" at Suzuka to secure 18th in Formula 1 qualifying in Japan"

Ah now Fernando ...just stop

Vettel's up to 8th!

Ocon gets 3 place penalty so vacates 8th to move to 11th. Vettel moves to 8, Perez to 9th and Leclerc up to 10th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Inviere

pjohnson wrote: »
    Vettel's up to 8th!

Ocon gets 3 place penalty so vacates 8th to move to 11th. Vettel moves to 8, Perez to 9th and Leclerc up to 10th.

So effectively 7th with Kimi factored in. I expect Seb will carve through the slower cars in front quite quickly. Mercedes still don’t have much room for error tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Make you wonder.

43210554_10156561447870479_3550752547113271296_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&oh=3c1c0aee00522a18241e3d45ae7d4757&oe=5C617E05

"Fernando Alonso said he did not leave one millimetre anywhere on "one of the best laps in my life" at Suzuka to secure 18th in Formula 1 qualifying in Japan"

Ah now Fernando ...just stop

Is this 2001 or 2018?

Last time I checked he’s driving a McLaren, not a Minardi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Anyone up?

Advertisement