Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on bipod options

Options
  • 03-10-2018 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

On my 308, I use the brilliant TierOne FT/R bipod. Slots into the Anschutz rail .... and I love it.

However, I also want to be able to mount a foldable bipod (something like an Atlas). When I bought the rifle, it had a sling stud adapter for the rail and a cheapo Harris style 'pod. Never really worked for me at all. Could never get it cinched up to the forend enough to stop it from twisting.

Ideally, I'd like a foldable bipod that slides into the rail. Finding it quite hard to source such a thing though.

The floor is open.

Thanks,
    Alan.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Whats the rifle?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭alanmc

Cass wrote: »
    Whats the rifle?

Unique Alpine TPG-1.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sorry lad, not a rifle i've much experience with.

Seen a couple and even fired one once, but not enough to know the specifics so anything i say is pure guess. Don't want to waste your time with "what ifs".
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭badaj0z

There is a threaded hole at the front of the TPG1, 8mm metric thread. You can buy a Parker Hale spigot with a blank end that can be machined to an 8mm thread. Once this is screwed in, you have a choice of many bipods that will fit. I did this and use a Fortmeier Bipod from Phoenix Tactical in the UK. You can also a buy a spigot from them that slides into the Anschutz rail in the TPG1.They also sell a ready machined spigot for the TPG1 but it is aluminium and a bit light for my liking.http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk/fortmeier-bipod.html

badaj0z wrote: »
    There is a threaded hole at the front of the TPG1, 8mm metric thread. You can buy a Parker Hale spigot with a blank end that can be machined to an 8mm thread. Once this is screwed in, you have a choice of many bipods that will fit. I did this and use a Fortmeier Bipod from Phoenix Tactical in the UK. You can also a buy a spigot from them that slides into the Anschutz rail in the TPG1.They also sell a ready machined spigot for the TPG1 but it is aluminium and a bit light for my liking.http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk/fortmeier-bipod.html

Thanks a million lad. This is almost exactly what I was looking for. I had been keeping an eye out for a Parker Hale spigot as well.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shootemall

alanmc wrote: »
    Thanks a million lad. This is almost exactly what I was looking for. I had been keeping an eye out for a Parker Hale spigot as well.

Thanks again.

Hi Alan
    I made a custom spigot for my tpg1 and fitted the Phoenix bipod I will bring it on Saturday and you can see what you think

shootemall wrote: »
    Hi Alan
    I made a custom spigot for my tpg1 and fitted the Phoenix bipod I will bring it on Saturday and you can see what you think

That'd be great Eamann.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jb88

Brian at Phoenix tactical is a great guy and can help you with all of these requirements, I deal with him a lot he has some great equipment.
    Ive had to adapt the phoenix bipod over the years and its never failed me. I keep his business card in my range bag ive been asked that many times for a contact number for my bipod.

Just ordered me a phoenix bipod. Early Chrimbo pressie to myself.

Advertisement