Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v9] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

jos28 wrote: »
    It's not working, he's no Tommy Shelby.

Peaky-Blinders.jpg?w968h681

Droooool............

Da state of that

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Cash_Q wrote: »
    In typical fair city style they've just dropped the storyline for a while, so who's to know?! I thought she was on the verge of homelessness though, not homeless *yet* ...unless I missed something?

I was under the impression she was in the pod after moving out of her place. If your staying in a B&B/Hotel you are homeless.

And Jackie seems to have stolen her job in the launderette. That won’t help things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,676 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

"I know we have chemistry" says Hailey to a greasy haired overweight guy who is probably old enough to be her father.

Who writes this BS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

"I know we have chemistry" says Hailey to a greasy haired overweight guy who is probably old enough to be her father.

Who writes this BS.

She has a thing for older guys though, first Paul Brennan now Greasy. She doesn’t really seem to be interested in guys her own age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,840 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    She has a thing for older guys though, first Paul Brennan now Greasy. She doesn’t really seem to be interested in guys her own age.

She's getting cosy with Charlie lately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

She's getting cosy with Charlie lately!

old enough to be her grandfather :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

bassy wrote: »
    Da state of that

Wash your mouth out Bassy, no nasty comments about the fabulous Mr Murphy please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,190 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Who writes this BS.

It's not so much even the age gap that is the problem. More that he is an unkempt, unshaven slob with a weird haircut and bizarre dress sense. You could definitely imagine her with an older man alright, but not him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Haileys a day early with the costume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Oisin back with the killer one liners = great entertainment.

Now if someone could sack Snarler and Robbie that would be great. They are beyond pathetic at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,594 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sharon or Anto should try their matchmaking for Hayley with a fella near her own age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

We’re overdue a visit from Nicola

Now if someone could sack Snarler and Robbie that would be great. They are beyond pathetic at this stage.

Where’s sexy cop gone ???

Anto working for An Post, when did that happen?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Anto working for An Post, when did that happen?

I don't know I think there was some talk about him working with Pete in the sorting office before Pete got his injury!

I don't know I think there was some talk about him working with Pete in the sorting office before Pete got his injury!

I thought he knew Pete from the dole office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

What about this dude[IMG][/img]2018-10-25_zps9sbm0mkz.png i remember he was a bad guy wearing a suit in Fair City giving Carol a hard time a while back

Think his name was Anthony/Tony farrell...

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I thought he knew Pete from the dole office

I was under the impression it was a sorting office and Pete injured himself and it turned into a bit of a joke because because none of them believed him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Whatever happened to Sean?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

The majority of fair city contracts seem to include lengthy breaks but his one seems ridiculous. He'll turn up behind the bar in the Station in 6 months time for a two episode stint with no mention of where he's been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭threetrees

Probably rehearsing for panto!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭com1

threetrees wrote: »
    Probably rehearsing for panto!
    Oh no he isn't!

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Oisin and Jane have chemistry :p

Oisin is a sad pr*ck, he seems to do nothing but harass Jane and hang out in McCoys with his nutjob father.

Oisin is a sad pr*ck, he seems to do nothing but harass Jane and hang out in McCoys with his nutjob father.

Hes a sociopath but a very very entertaining one at that. He has way too much talent for FC, and I hope we get to see more of him because he has taken a step back in recent months.

I think the writers could do a lot more with Oisin. They could also dress him a little better.

Fair play to Fair City, they really put a lot of effort in decorating the set for Halloween.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Never noticed Robbie being so hunched - up until it was mentioned on here, was he always like that? He's not looking well.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Fair play to Fair City, they really put a lot of effort in decorating the set for Halloween.

They must have got a rise in the TV license.. ;)

• Advertisement

I think the writers could do a lot more with Oisin. They could also dress him a little better.

They should have Oisin marry Charlotte, Paul and Nicola linked forever to the Bishops :D

Am I missing something? Why does Snarler care what Robbie does after pushing him so thoroughly out of her life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Am I missing something? Why does Snarler care what Robbie does after pushing him so thoroughly out of her life?

I was thinking the same thing. Although as Cass once said, women have a tendency to change their mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Her gentleman caller has gone on to greener pastures and she's jealous of Hayley I would think. The irony of her telling Hayley she was missing her red light.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Her gentleman caller has gone on to greener pastures and she's jealous of Hayley I would think. The irony of her telling Hayley she was missing her red light.

Weird character. She spent all her time with Robbie hurling drunken abuse at him and revealing her insecurities so much she sucked the fun out of the marriage and now they are over she wants him back? Very very lazy script writing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Did Oisin post the camera or did he sneak in and leave it there?

• Advertisement

God with the hungry pig and McCoy’s closed for renovations where will the residents go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

bazermc wrote: »
    God with the hungry pig and McCoy’s closed for renovations where will the residents go.

I'm half expecting it not to go ahead in the end because I can't see them making any changes to the sets because that'd involve spending money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

SPAR

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Be gas if Header came back for the wedding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Sorry now but they've really jumped shark now. Hayley telling greasy that ...'you're in good shape for a fella your age ' has to be the most far fetched line ever written.

I've seen fellas in traction in better shape.
    He looks like he's about to keel over.

• Advertisement

Sorry now but they've really jumped shark now. Hayley telling greasy that ...'you're in good shape for a fella your age ' has to be the most far fetched line ever written.

I've seen fellas in traction in better shape.
    He looks like he's about to keel over.

He must have had an accident or some illness cause he’s going around in crutches and has nothing to do with his Character, it’s a bit like when Michael was going around with a black eye and in a wheelchair again nothing to do with his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BOBIDGE

Eh, what was with the Burka comment? Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Jane's bedroom
    He must have had an accident or some illness cause he’s going around in crutches and has nothing to do with his Character, it’s a bit like when Michael was going around with a black eye and in a wheelchair again nothing to do with his character.

And look where that got him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I was thinking the same thing. Although as Cass once said, women have a tendency to change their mind.

Was he not the one playing away in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

I thought of you last night Wanderer when Caddle was going off on Hayley!!
    She really is one dimensional, annoys me the way sniffs out loud when shes trying to be all gangster.

I like Mairead, I think shes a good actress.

Jackie is very touchy feely, I'm like alright Jackie, calm down girl!

I thought of you last night Wanderer when Caddle was going off on Hayley!!
    She really is one dimensional, annoys me the way sniffs out loud when shes trying to be all gangster.

I like Mairead, I think shes a good actress.

Jackie is very touchy feely, I'm like alright Jackie, calm down girl!

Caddle is well past her sell by date as a character. Her acting skills are really being shown up by actors like Mairéid and Phoebe. I know that FC is a handy job for a working actor and many of them like Paul/Caddle/Bela etc are hanging on for the duration but the programme suffers greatly as a result.

jos28 wrote: »
    Caddle is well past her sell by date as a character. Her acting skills are really being shown up by actors like Mairéid and Phoebe. I know that FC is a handy job for a working actor and many of them like Paul/Caddle/Bela etc are hanging on for the duration but the programme suffers greatly as a result.

I must be in the minority who absolutely despise the character of Snarler, because surely by now the scriptwriters and producers would have given her her marching orders. Can she even call herself an actress- all she does is light up a fag, snarl and push men away. Full stop, nothing else to her. And yet Oisin, who is a better actor than most of them by miles, doesn't get the same screen time as that boring wannabe gangsters moll. Maybe people think shes a great actress for some reason which is baffling to me!

I'm with you on this one Wanderer, snarling, smoking, sniffling, shouting ad nauseum. It must be so frustrating for the younger, better actors like Oisin to see the old dependables get so much screentime. Snarler was good when the Billy Meehan story was at it's height, all credit is due to her for that but it's been lather, rinse, repeat since then. Time to move on but I doubt that will happen because as an actor she'd find it hard to get work elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

BOBIDGE wrote: »
    Eh, what was with the Burka comment? Ridiculous.

When was that? Missed it

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    When was that? Missed it

I think Mairead made some comment about not having hers on.(It was a joke)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement