Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call waiting times & Web chat availability

Options
  • 03-10-2018 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To our customers[/font]

We are experiencing a large volume of calls in our customer care call centres which is also affecting availability on Web chat. We are aware that call waiting times are longer than usual and appreciate your patience as your time is valuable to us.

You can access support online, 24 hours a day at www.eir.ie or via the [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular-Oblique, "Arial Italic"]my eir[/font] app. If you wish to chat to a member of our Social Media team, please feel free to contact us on Facebook or Twitter

Our apologies for this inconvenience

eir Customer Care

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭picturehangup

We are experiencing a large volume of calls in our customer care call centres which is also affecting availability on Web chat. We are aware that call waiting times are longer than usual and appreciate your patience as your time is valuable to us.

You can access support online, 24 hours a day at www.eir.ie or via the [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular-Oblique,]my eir[/font] app. If you wish to chat to a member of our Social Media team, please feel free to contact us on Facebook or Twitter

eir Customer Care
    Have tried to contact you unsuccessfully since yesterday to sort out a bill that was paid, you say it wasn't, emailed with a scan of proof of bank transaction, you tell me via return it's not valid, but the money was take from my account and put through to the details YOU PROVIDED Your menu on the phone says you are being put thru to customer care, when all you get is collections department, now an unusually long wait to customer care. This is the worst service I have ever seen.  My life is too short for this rubbish from Eir. I am moving provider, I have tried to sort this, you are uncontactable; I HAVE paid. Seething with anger. I am contacting Com reg and my solicitor. Never again, EIR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

HI Guys,
    Would you have an estimate of wait times?

Does large volumes of calls indicate that there is a common issue that a lot of customer's are facing?
    If so, is there any standard advice or solutions that can be shared in order to help these people out?

I just got through after 27 minute wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

i just got told an estimate of over 20 minutes.

is there 1 person on the phone or something, completely ridiculous.

i just got told an estimate of over 20 minutes.

is there 1 person on the phone or something, completely ridiculous.
    I deliberately left my phone on that awful waiting song for about 40mins yesterday while I got on with cooking dinner. Absolutely ludicrous. Do this crowd think we've nothing better to do than to spend hours waiting to talk to someone who can sort the matter? Vote with your feet, people, and shop elsewhere. No doubt they will justify selling a debt to a debt collector, making it even more stressful, especially when the bloody bill HAS BEEN PAID, AND PROOF FORWARDED TO PROOF OF PAYMENT. A joke. 

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    HI Guys,

Does large volumes of calls indicate that there is a common issue that a lot of customer's are facing?
    If so, is there any standard advice or solutions that can be shared in order to help these people out?

Solution.. Register a complaint with comreg, and also a complaint on the Eir website. Then you have some sort of comeback, if it goes pear-shaped. Was put through to collections, which is not what I wanted, as bill was paid, then through to customer service, where nobody answered, back to menu, back to collections misnamed customer service.. then on to Upgrades!!! A circus. And DavyD_83, a 27 minute wait is completely unacceptable. 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    HI Guys,

Solution.. Register a complaint with comreg, and also a complaint on the Eir website. Then you have some sort of comeback, if it goes pear-shaped. Was put through to collections, which is not what I wanted, as bill was paid, then through to customer service, where nobody answered, back to menu, back to collections misnamed customer service.. then on to Upgrades!!! A circus. And DavyD_83, a 27 minute wait is completely unacceptable. 

Just to say, I was in no way saying it was acceptable, was just sharing the info.
    Reading back, it does look like my message is supporting Eir; it really wasn't the intention.
    The support services need to be increased in to match the level of problems they seem to be creating. Or, ye know, fix some stuff.

Typical interaction with Eir agent:
    Agent: Hi, my name is X how can I help you
    Me: <most concise version of my entire problem and history that I have developed after speaking to 8 other agents>
    Agent: <brief pause, to reset to start of script and act as if my statement was never made>"Can I get your account details please.
    Me: <all details as quickly as I can>
    Agent: If you'll just hold on there for a minute while I read the notes on your case...

(5-10 minutes of silence)

"LATELY I'VE Been, I've Been chasing stars...."

Repeat ad nauseum.

Oh, and sometimes just as you think the song is going to hit you, they hit you with the surprise move of just hanging up (but only after a long period of silence/hold) ; just to keep things interesting.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Having a problem with My Eir since Thursday last, already spent in excess 30+ mins holding each day and, a pm sent on  boards with details as requested .
    Today spent 29 mins holding for customer care, after approx 10 mins with CC was told being tranferrd to technical a further 29 mins holding for "technical " call broke down. Rang again 28 mins later answered again and  again being transferrd to "technical" only to be answered 15 mins later by "landline and BB" who advise me that they cannot deal with me but, will transfer me to Mobile technical but I am #39 in queue.
    Total time on line  today alone 29+10+28+15 82 mins  and then #39 in queue

Is this a service or not .

If the matter is not resolved Eir will lose 3 mobile accounts plus 2 landline and BB accounts.
    The ball is now in Eir's court.

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    Having a problem with My Eir since Thursday last, already spent in excess 30+ mins holding each day and, a pm sent on  boards with details as requested .
    Today spent 29 mins holding for customer care, after approx 10 mins with CC was told being tranferrd to technical a further 29 mins holding for "technical " call broke down. Rang again 28 mins later answered again and  again being transferrd to "technical" only to be answered 15 mins later by "landline and BB" who advise me that they cannot deal with me but, will transfer me to Mobile technical but I am #39 in queue.
    Total time on line  today alone 29+10+28+15 82 mins  and then #39 in queue

Is this a service or not .

If the matter is not resolved Eir will lose 3 mobile accounts plus 2 landline and BB accounts.
    The ball is now in Eir's court.
    I have still heard nothing about my missing payment, they are looking for a reference number that I never got. I paid over the phone.  My bank statement clearly says that the money was paid to Telecom Eireann, time date everything, just wondering if it went to an old TE account, but paid at the details they provided. The blighters have now suspended my account. Tried to call again.. usual story.. menu 2 is stated as being customer care, but it is a credit control area, then 'transferred to someone who can help'. I am still waiting.. phone on music... . Have complained to comreg. I suggest we all do, power in numbers and all that. I am also going to give this case to a solicitor to deal with, as I don't want any debtors such as Cabot or Belgard chasing me for something I paid for, because this is what will happen. Stress levels are through the roof with them. 

As you can see the last entry in this thread was 03/10 5 days ago. Just goes to show what notice Eir take of customers complaints.

Since Eir's last buy out, the new owners are just interisted in profit nothing else counts.

Dont think Comreg are much better . The only action Eir might notice of is walk away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭tonybodhran

You can access support online, 24 hours a day at www.eir.ie or via the [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular-Oblique,]my eir[/font] app. If you wish to chat to a member of our Social Media team, please feel free to contact us on Facebook or Twitter

eir Customer Care
    Still no web chat which is completely useless anyway as they tell you to contact customer care or go to your nearest Eir shop! ...average wait time to get through to a human being by phone 30-40 minutes. What a joke. On to comreg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Humblebum

Got the broadband and tv installed on Saturday. haven't had 5 mins clear signal on TV. Broadband keeps dropping. Was told yesterday that it was an issue they are having in the area and they could have a rep out to me within 3 days! I am on the same line I used without issue for 3 years with Sky. I am now on hold again  coming up on 14 mins having given up twice today after waiting over 20 minutes. Absolute shambles of an operation. 

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Hi,

I tried calling you guys 3 weeks ago to cancel. Couldn't get through and 1 time I stuck it out on hold for over 2 hours. So I took to your webpage to find an alternative way. Reading your terms and conditions it stated that I had to cancel in writing and provide 30 days notice. I prob should have read those first. So I wrote to you, which you received on the 1st or second October giving notice. Tried following up today but again no answer on the phones. Contacted webchat who told me that my account was not set to cancel and I should call you. I would if I could get through. Contact complaints by email and they told me that my letter of cancellation was refused as it has to be done over the phone.

Well, this clearly condridicts your website and the terms and condition of our agreement. I have contacted comreg and forwarded information request they want to your complaints team but they haven't come back.

Can you tells us all here what your cancellation policy is and how it can be different to the terms and conditions of service

Hi All, 

You may have to go to an eir store to get your issues resolved. 
    Eir store staff appear to be able to contact so-called 'customer care' quicker than calling up on one's phone. Better than languishing at the other end of your own phone. 
    We had our issue sorted out to a reasonable standard, but I am still proceeding with lodging my complaint with comreg. 
    Eir cannot find/trace the payment we made. Eir was Eircom was Telecom Eireann, was PT, and our money has been sent to the wrong place within Eir. They still can't find it! A bags of a company. Never again. 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

More to do with hundreds of staff leaving (sic made redundant), be lucky to get thru to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BraveInca

Been trying to make a change to my plan for more that 90 minutes now. Tried webchat. They couldn't help and gave me the number for customer service. Twice got through to agents on the phone who told me they needed to transfer me to someone else but were actually just putting me back into a loop. That bloody counting stars song is giving me PTSD. 

I've been a billpay customer back to the Meteor days and for many years, but this is an absolute joke. It will be easier to swap all 4 of my family's accounts to another provider and so I will be doing that ASAP. 

BraveInca wrote: »
    Been trying to make a change to my plan for more that 90 minutes now. Tried webchat. They couldn't help and gave me the number for customer service. Twice got through to agents on the phone who told me they needed to transfer me to someone else but were actually just putting me back into a loop. That bloody counting stars song is giving me PTSD.

I've been a billpay customer back to the Meteor days and for many years, but this is an absolute joke. It will be easier to swap all 4 of my family's accounts to another provider and so I will be doing that ASAP.
    Join the club.
    Since last Thursday my wife made several calls and, on one day alone spent approx 89 mins holding, and, being transferred from A, to B, to C, back to A again etc, several web chats, plus a boards entry and it was just about solved today.
    This was just to solve log in to a "My Eir " problem.
    Finally solved today but, with the loss of all her webtext contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BraveInca

yrreg0850 wrote: »
    BraveInca wrote: »

Join the club.
    Since last Thursday my wife made several calls and, on one day alone spent approx 89 mins  holding, and, being transferred from A, to B, to C, back to A again etc, several web chats,  plus a boards entry and it was just about solved today.
    This was just to solve log in to a "My Eir " problem.
    Finally solved today but, with the loss of all her webtext contacts.
    I sent them a complaint using their online form. Complained that I had not been able to talk to anybody in customer services that could help me despite trying for 90 minutes on Friday. 

They emailed me back this morning and told me that they could not help me, but advised that I call their customer services on 1905. 

Beyond parody. Just hope that their incompetence doesn't somehow screw up my number port away request. 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Eir won't be fully staffed at weekends, that's just the way they are.

And now the latest in the saga.. After all the horse manure, I told them I was moving to another network...  they "don't have the Network Unlock code on their file, and have now requested this from your handset manufacturer'. It will be another ten days before I hear anything. If they even think of selling my details to Cabot or anyone else, I will happily see them in court. Bring it on, Eir. You are a disgrace and a shambles. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

And now the latest in the saga.. After all the horse manure, I told them I was moving to another network...  they "don't have the Network Unlock code on their file, and have now requested this from your handset manufacturer'. It will be another ten days before I hear anything. If they even think of selling my details to Cabot or anyone else, I will happily see them in court. Bring it on, Eir. You are a disgrace and a shambles. 

I got the same when I told them I was cancelling. I called them up after the 10 days expired and had to wait another week or so. It's one of their ways of making you pay for service you don't want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Parkender

Ok so after three attempted installations I finally got fibre high speed broadband today.....at 7mbs!!!! Not what I was told by salesperson. Simply a case of mis-selling. So to cancel within 14 days I need to ring 1901. Problem is I made two attempts to do this today and after 30 minutes both times I gave up. How does any regulator/government department in a developed country like ours allow this to happen. Not only that but installers said they could connect to the fibre cabinet that is 20 meters from my property but linked me into one that is 1.5km away. Reason that we weren’t linked to nearby cabinet - “then everyone would want to get access”. You couldn’t make it up.

Time to call Richard Bruton our new minister of communications. If his track record in Education is anything to go by, would not hold my breath. As for Eir parkender. Just leave them, go with Sky. Been with them for years, never had a problem with them. 
    i was with Eir for mobile phone only. Worst servi ever. This should not be allowed a so-called developed country. Honestly, its' backwards we're going. Time to talk to government about this horse manure. Get on to comreg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Time to call Richard Bruton our new minister of communications. If his track record in Education is anything to go by, would not hold my breath. As for Eir parkender. Just leave them, go with Sky. Been with them for years, never had a problem with them. 
    i was with Eir for mobile phone only. Worst servi ever. This should not be allowed a so-called developed country. Honestly, its' backwards we're going. Time to talk to government about this horse manure. Get on to comreg
    Comreg are as much use as a chocolate teapot, in the UK they have the real deal in Ofcom who actually fine telecommunication companies hugh fines, over here they’ll just give them a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Not one response from an Eir rep since the 1st post, says it all really, a complete shambles of a company, on the edge of going bust imo.

Not one response from an Eir rep since the 1st post, says it all really, a complete shambles of a company, on the edge of going bust imo.
    Still waiting for my unlocking code, so I can move to another provider. If I don't do it soon, a  new bill will be generated, which I have no intention of paying. I will send them another email to keep myself covered, even though they know that from a previous email, and a personal call into one of their eirshops.  They don't know the code, they say they are waiting to get it from Samsung. Yes, I think they are about to go bust too, you are right there, Hoof Hearted2. 

• Registered Users Posts: 37 drik

Horrendous customer service from Eir. A week without broadband, fault closed on Monday. Told to relog it. Takes over 20 minutes to get through to anyone. Now trying to cancel, was waiting 25 minutes and the call disconnected. Back holding for another 20 minutes. If anyone is considering moving to Eir don't bother. Their customer service is non existent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

Would Eir consider providing alternative contact options to their customers given that the call centers are no longer functional?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Umacel

I called at 16,30 I waited 40 mins for a missed installation after moving home- I mwhen I finally talked with an operator the line drooped. I rang back at 17,20 and the customer care was close... I tried to ring Sales that should close ally 21 ( working hours Mon -Fri 9-21) but the lines were closed. I chatted with the customer service but was no use. Now in the new house I have no service. Shame on Eir CustoMer Service Hope somebody of Eir contact me ASAP as Openeir promised

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Peacemaker

Eir customer care is so bad its hard to believe. I cancelled my account at the end of May and still getting bill notifications. Was on the phone and web-chat many times. They're terrible to deal with - 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Well this is very useful, guess I better just go waste another 30mins on hold to 1901.

Advertisement