Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just out of an abusive relationship - Head is in a spin

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

HeadSpin wrote: »
    He has really done a number on me hasn't he:(
    I've never been so paranoid in my life.
    I feel so stupid, how could I let this happen to me, to be fooled by such a compulsive liar.
    I spotted all the Red flags and just ignored them.
    More fool me.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I've been wanting to get a new phone soon anyway so I will get a new number while I'm at it.
    Good riddance to him.

You're not at fault here. He obviously took advantage of your trusting nature and abused you with it. It's very easy to be led astray with lies by people we care about and think we can trust and I think most of us fall prey to it at least once.
    Get yourself that new number for peace of mind and if you feel concerned at all, don't hesitate to go to the guards and make the report (honestly, I would do that anyway just so its on the record).

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

So it looks like he has moved on to his next victim....I mean girlfriend.
    My friend sent me a pic of his new FB profile pic.....I felt nothing. Relieved actually.

I feel sorry for her though. Little does she know what she's in for, nor does she know he was promising me the sun moon and stars literally a week or two before that picture was taken.
    And he text me from another phone wishing me happy birthday last week. I point blank ignored it. So glad I did now after seeing that pic today.

Good bloody riddance. Prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

My friend sent me a pic of his new FB profile pic.....I felt nothing. Relieved actually.

I feel sorry for her though. Little does she know what she's in for, nor does she know he was promising me the sun moon and stars literally a week or two before that picture was taken.
    And he text me from another phone wishing me happy birthday last week. I point blank ignored it. So glad I did now after seeing that pic today.

You need to change your phone number. And tell your friend nicely that you don't want any future updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

I could write the script for you. Expect him to get engaged to his new victim in record time.

Don't very respond to any text or email from him ever again. Even to ask him to stop. Total silence .

Count your lucky stars.

Advertisement