Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A400 multi target

Options
  • 01-10-2018 7:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭

As above is anyone shooting an a400 multi target for clays. Have an a400 xplor and was looking at an xcel for next years LL. Just wondering is the multitarget worth the extra over the xcel

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The one with the high rib, cheek riser, etc?

Can i ask a question, and sorry if this derails your thread i'm just curious, but is there anything wrong with your current shotgun?

I know the function of the high rib. cheek riser, etc. but if you're hitting well with your own, is it worth the risk of changing gun and possibly run the risk of having to learn to hit with a new gun coming into a new league year.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Shot a summer league with a guy that has one. He upgraded from a Winchester semi auto because it didn’t suit him. Basically the multi target gives you more adjustability to set the gun to suit yourself. But it begs the question if your A400 you have suits you and it’s hitting where your pointing it then do you need to change ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Thanks. Being an a400 xplor unico it is more of a game gun. Too Light, 28 inch barrels 3.5 inch chambers.

I always have a clay and birdie gun. As im getting on so well with the xplor i am gonna upgrade to its bigger brother while keeping the xplor for hunting.

Trying to figure out if the multi target is better than the xcel and worth the near 1k prive difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Thanks. Being an a400 xplor unico it is more of a game gun. Too Light, 28 inch barrels 3.5 inch chambers.

I always have a clay and birdie gun. As im getting on so well with the xplor i am gonna upgrade to its bigger brother while keeping the xplor for hunting.

Trying to figure out if the multi target is better than the xcel and worth the near 1k prive difference

Go onto the beretta web page you can buy the following for your A400 and still have change.

1. Weighted forend cap
    2. Extended choke tubes
    3. Extended charging handle

You have turned your A400 xplor into a nice wee clay gun. For years I shot great scores with a Benelli auto that was all in purpose a game gun

See top gun in Drogheda have one in stock on their Facebook page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Luckysasha wrote: »
    See top gun in Drogheda have one in stock on their Facebook page

Seen that want 2k for it

Ivan is a gentleman to deal with. Tip in and talk to him face to face and he will deal with you. Dont know if he can organize somewhere for you to test fire it but im sure he could sort something out for you

Advertisement