Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on delivery of pistol

Options
  • 30-09-2018 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I hope some one might be able to help me with all Paperwork in order how long does it take to send a pistol from Germany to Ireland input would be greatly appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭Richard308

Hom58 wrote: »
    I hope some one might be able to help me with all Paperwork in order how long does it take to send a pistol from Germany to Ireland input would be greatly appreciated thanks

The department are very good lately issuing import licences to dealers in less than a week then another week for the Germans to do the export, then about a week for delivery roughly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Send in your import application on a Monday and you should have it back by the Thursday/Friday. Send that paperwork to the dealer in Germany, post i believe because they need the actual forms and not copies, then for the German dealer to package it up and ship it to you shouldn't take more than 10-14 days you'd imagine.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You do need to send the original these days. Photocopies are not acceptable anymore. Mine took 4weeks to process in Germany. That was because the cop who dealt with this was on vacation in the district where the gun dealer was. SH!
    But usually, it is within the 14-day timeframe.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Don't forget your Article 7 from the Garda to go along with your Import application. If your bringing it in yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭judestynes

I received my liscence approval letter at the end of June for a .223 I bought from Germany on Egun The RFD received it on August 28th. A little longer than I was expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Hom58

Dose a Import license for Gun expire , and if all your paper work is in order,who’s fault would it be shops in Ireland,or in Germany any help would be grateful thanks has anyone had a similar experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Dose a Import license for Gun expire , and if all your paper work is in order,who’s fault would it be shops in Ireland,or in Germany any help would be grateful thanks has anyone had a similar experience

Apologies in advance for asking the obvious, but.... Who's fault would what be? You haven't told anyone what actually happened. Has yours been delayed? Assuming it's a delay you are talking about. Is your rfd or someone telling you the importation has expired?

Lots of reasons for delays. While the department of Justice are generally quick if everything is standard, including the firearm; they can delay the process requesting clarifications on the the firearm if they feel that its not standard or need to be satisfied of any / many questions.

I had one take many months through an Irish RFD because DoJ refused to accept that the accompanying moderator (which was also being imported correctly ) did not have a serial number.

The application was kicked to a senior official despite pictures, examples and back up information being supplied by all sides.

Like all legal firearms processes in Ireland........ There is no 'one size fits all' experience. (look at this mini thread alone - experiences from 2 weeks to many months)

It might help people to help you if you gave some minor details of what your issue is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Don't forget your Article 7 from the Garda to go along with your Import application. If your bringing it in yourself.

They need to upgrade this, as all of those EU definitions and categories have changed in the recent EU gun ban.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The OP has started three new threads all asking the same thing, in the for sale section, even after being told how to post and where to post.

Not sure if it genuine, but the lack of responses might indicate a disingenuous line of questioning.

Closing thread unless i hear from the OP.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement