Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearing company uniform for supeirority

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I seen a lad dressed as a hamburger today promoting a chipper.

He had some air of superiority about his face alright.
    If he were an Aussie the prick would have had some right egg on his face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭zapitastas

Employees of large American multinationals often wear company clothing they get free. It's just a reflection of how robotic and subservient they have become. The American bosses find it much easier to brainwash Irish than other Europeans. Not sure why.

There is a fairly good representation of different European countries working in American multinationals based here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Bloody priests, going around in their all black uniforms telling people what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Erm most people employed by international companies who have to wear uniforms for work aren't really in a position to be displaying seniority. No offence. :o (Possible exceptions for pilots and the like.)

Especially if you're Leonardo DiCaprio.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Mrhuth

Shenshen wrote: »
    What, like people working for Tesco, you mean?

No, no, no. "Prestigious" office companies who pay only the highest wages such as Facebook, Google, citi, Intel.
    The companies who are supposedly paying top dollar.
    This is done to show how superior they are because they work in these notorious companies with very well paying jobs therefore = superiority. You will not see a McDonald's worker or Tesco worker going around in their uniform to the pub while they are not working.
    It's just "look at me, I'm so rich and famous because I work for a massive US international".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Mrhuth wrote: »
    No, no, no. "Prestigious" office companies who pay only the highest wages such as Facebook, Google, citi, Intel.
    This is done to show how superior they are because they work in these notorious companies with very well paying jobs therefore = superiority. You will not see a McDonald's worker or Tesco worker going around in their uniform to the pub while they are not working.
    It's just "look at me, I'm so rich and famous because I work for a massive US international".

So go on..

Tell us which one you got fired from

Yet another thread by MrHuth showing the extent of his mental issues.

If he stopped feeling so worthless and shlt about his life, these thoughts would go away. He thinks the world is out to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Yet another thread by MrHuth showing the extent of his mental issues.

If he stopped feeling so worthless and shlt about his life, these thoughts would go away. He thinks the world is out to get him.

Your username must give him nightmares

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I sometimes wear my work badge and lanyard on my lunch break as I need it to get back into the building.... I don't wear it to the pub or in the shower though ;)

I do, just hang the lanyard on my stem and run the card between my butt cheeks.

Cleans the lanyard and keeps the card dry.

Quick wipe with a towel and- ready to rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I work for large international...our uniform is a suit, I also wear suits for other occasions, would this also offend you?

We do some small company logo kit, jackets/umbrella.....maybe use umbrella a lot and jacket if first thing I see....now I know some people have an issue I will wear it everyday so people are jealous !!!!!

• Advertisement

You don’t know much about US multinationals if you think they pay top dollar and people are so rich because they work for them

Did you ever consider they wear the work clothes because they can’t afford to wear anything else?

Anytime they do earn anything they get taxed to the hilt to pay for the shower of wasters in this country that won’t get themselves a job? That spend their life crying because someone else had the get up and go to do something better with their life.....that more like the life of a US multinational worker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Tow

Fanny **** wrote: »
    I use my company umbrella when it rains

I have a fine big Anglo Irish Bank golf umbrella. It sits in the hall, it cost every man, woman and child in the country ~50k. I am afraid to use it... but i am proud of it, as at least i got something for my 50k.

Disclaimer: I did not work for them, but I think there are some matching Anglo golf balls knocking around.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You might be thinking about things too much OP. The companies you listed would not be seen as prestigious places to work IMO and not the best paying either.
    And more than direct employees would get to wear those tshirts. Indirect employees hired thru partner companies, cpl for eg, wear them too. And those people certainly are not well paid.

And people do not wear their companies logo on their shirts just to piss you off. Sometimes its not all about you!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Employees of large American multinationals often wear company clothing they get free. It's just a reflection of how robotic and subservient they have become. The American bosses find it much easier to brainwash Irish than other Europeans. Not sure why.

That’s absolute nonsense. Have you every worked in a large multi national? My jacket doesn’t get any less waterproof because it has an intel logo on it. It doesn’t fit me any wore because I left for a better job. It’s a free jacket and I like it, so I wear it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Angry person in angry person rant followed by more angry people with similar pent up anger.

This folks is why brexit happened and trump got elected. Not because of any real particular problems. Because it misdirected idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Are you just projecting your own thoughts with assumptions of others?

Who's to say they're not on a break, or before starting/finished work?

Are they wearing their uniforms on their off-day(s)?! :confused:

You know, even if they are they could be wearing an insignia'd company jacket outside, just because they want to wear a jacket? I got old company jackets and shirts that I would wear while gardening or heading to the shops... the idea of thinking I was trying to feel superior is beyond ridiculous. It's a fecking article of clothing, nothing more...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

listermint wrote: »
    Angry person in angry person rant followed by more angry people with similar pent up anger.

This folks is why brexit happened and trump got elected. Not because of any real particular problems. Because it misdirected idiocy.

Good call Lister, lot of anger in here.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I work for large international...our uniform is a suit, I also wear suits for other occasions, would this also offend you?

We do some small company logo kit, jackets/umbrella.....maybe use umbrella a lot and jacket if first thing I see....now I know some people have an issue I will wear it everyday so people are jealous !!!!!

You'll do it on purpose to make people jealous? You're just gonna make yourself a target for drunken abuse.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You don’t know much about US multinationals if you think they pay top dollar and people are so rich because they work for them

Did you ever consider they wear the work clothes because they can’t afford to wear anything else?

Anytime they do earn anything they get taxed to the hilt to pay for the shower of wasters in this country that won’t get themselves a job? That spend their life crying because someone else had the get up and go to do something better with their life.....that more like the life of a US multinational worker

They make less money then someone on 20k per year? Just please stop making up bs.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »

You have it all figured out, sitting on boards and scratching your ass while smelling your hands. See what I did? I made an assumption just like you did, with no proof whatsoever to my claims. You have the world figured out and everyone else is beneath you, you're so intelligent.

They make less money then someone on 20k per year? Just please stop making up bs.

If they are on 20k,do some courses and get a better job.....

You'll do it on purpose to make people jealous? You're just gonna make yourself a target for drunken abuse.

When I go out I don't mix with the riff raff

It also seems you would be the only one throwing that abuse, so you would just look like a drunken fool

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You have it all figured out, sitting on boards and scratching your ass while smelling your hands. See what I did? I made an assumption just like you did, with no proof whatsoever to my claims. You have the world figured out and everyone else is beneath you, you're so intelligent.

You've proven my angry point.

Very well,

thank you for taking part in my simple analysis test

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

Noticed lately that individuals working for famous international companies go around everywhere wearing their uniforms to show passively aggressively show you how superior they are. Ridiculous tbh. I mean public places like restaurants, shops etc.

I think some people worry about what other people do a bit too much. I don't pay any attention at all as to what strangers are wearing when I see them on the streets. If you think that people are doing it because they feel superior that probably says more about you than it says about them.

I've gotten free TShirts over the years. I don't typically wear them but they might be something I wear about the house. If I go out to the shops I don't change my clothes in case I'm going to offend a sensitive soul. Although if I knew I was going out during the day I wouldn't start the day wearing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: You start a discussion looking for input from others on a perceived slight on you by others choice of clothing and then insult those inputs.

I'm thinking you don't want a discussion, just a facility to rant about the subject. There are other places for that and, as this is a discussion site, I'll close this one down now.

Thanks to all for your input here,

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement