Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wearing company uniform for supeirority

Options
  • 29-09-2018 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Noticed lately that individuals working for famous international companies go around everywhere wearing their uniforms to show passively aggressively show you how superior they are. Ridiculous tbh. I mean public places like restaurants, shops etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Mrhuth wrote: »
    Noticed lately that individuals working for famous international companies go around everywhere wearing their uniforms to show passively aggressively show you how superior they are. Ridiculous tbh. I mean public places like restaurants, shops etc.

If they have to wear a work uniform to show superiority, I wouldn't be too worried about them to be homest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Even on their lunch break? That's disgraceful :mad:

How dare they sport the regalia of their office, it's like a conspiracy and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

I once wore my snickers trousers to the chipper,
    Does that count?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

What, like people working for Tesco, you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I sometimes wear my work badge and lanyard on my lunch break as I need it to get back into the building.... I don't wear it to the pub or in the shower though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

What companies?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have to ask, what “famous international companies” have “superior” looking uniforms ???
    McDonalds??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Erm most people employed by international companies who have to wear uniforms for work aren't really in a position to be displaying seniority. No offence. :o (Possible exceptions for pilots and the like.)

I try not to wear Chanel outside of working hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Hey don't you know the Lads from An Post are rolling in the clunge with their uniform

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Have you been everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I know what you mean OP .

Some gimp at my sons confirmation a few years ago was wearing his google jacket. Proud as punch he was.

fcukin dope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If I had the mind-reading capabilities of the OP, I'd be volunteering for work with the Gardai, tbh.

paw patrol wrote: »

Some gimp at my sons confirmation a few years ago was wearing his google jacket. Proud as punch he was.

fcukin dope.

Was he passive aggressive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Was he passive aggressive?

I'm sure he was....in fact for the purposes of the thread we'll say he was.

but in truth my son wasn't a friend of his kid so I didn't have to engage with him. thank fcuk says me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Who that has to wear a uniform (and can wear it outside work) has a feeling of superiority? BA Pilots?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Try_harder wrote: »
    Who that has to wear a uniform (and can wear it outside work) has a feeling of superiority? BA Pilots?

Perhaps the Hostesses when they go all dominatrix on yo' ass after work ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Sycamore Tree

Employees of large American multinationals often wear company clothing they get free. It's just a reflection of how robotic and subservient they have become. The American bosses find it much easier to brainwash Irish than other Europeans. Not sure why.

fcukin dope.
    I'm sure he was....in fact for the purposes of the thread we'll say he was.

but in truth my son wasn't a friend of his kid so I didn't have to engage with him. thank fcuk says me

You could have misjudged him. Not a dopey passive aggressive gimp but a father showing pride in his kid at their confirmation. And dressed for a work shift later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

My place of work gave us all a free jacket which is warm, comfortable and waterproof. Has one logo on the left of the chest. I wear it often outside work. Hope I don't piss off too many people when I wear it!

Maybe I'm just really passive aggressive and don't know it....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Spas. Everyone knows you show superiority through the medium of gig t shirts from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Be janey between having to beg for other people’s leftovers and now worrying about company uniforms, then of course you have your Brexit Armageddon...not your best year, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I seen a lad dressed as a hamburger today promoting a chipper.

He had some air of superiority about his face alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I'm going to guess RC priests.

On a bit of a decline, but still part of a very large multinational. Extra kudos for on display crucifix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My place of work gave us all a free jacket which is warm, comfortable and waterproof. Has one logo on the left of the chest. I wear it often outside work. Hope I don't piss off too many people when I wear it!

Maybe I'm just really passive aggressive and don't know it....

Do you work for Regatta?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Surely superiority is wearing chinos and a check shirt while the minnions sport Ill-fitting company issued trousers and off-white shirts they couldn't be arsed doing a light wash for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

I use my company umbrella when it rains

I never thought about it before but reading this thread makes me hope that that also pisses off people who appear to have far too much time on their hands

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Full Kit **** is the term you should always use in such a case Full Kit Wanker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Employees of large American multinationals often wear company clothing they get free. It's just a reflection of how robotic and subservient they have become. The American bosses find it much easier to brainwash Irish than other Europeans. Not sure why.
    I work for a large American multinational, and in some areas of the factory, you have to wear certain clothes/uniform which is provided for free, and if you're not in one of those areas, you still have to option of taking the 'uniform'.I don't have to, and I don't. I don't see how wearing a company uniform can make you seem superior in any way. I'd hate to have to do it...

Some people like wearing the clothes because it means they've free clothes, and there's less wear on their own personal clothes. It's not about being subservient, though (in my opinion).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement