Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mileage

Options
  • 27-09-2018 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I filled up my Hyundai I 20 with 60 euro ten days ago and got 611km before she was signalling empty .is this good, bad or average .I am curious to know thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I filled up my Hyundai I 20 with 60 euro ten days ago and got 611km before she was signalling empty .is this good, bad or average .I am curious to know thanks

Depends on fuel?
    Depends on engine?
    Depends on driving style?
    Depends on type of journey????

You need to give more information

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

Yeah, and what colour is it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Where you mostly driving uphill and into the wind.

What was in your boot?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Thinly veiled 'my car is more economic than yours' thread

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skylight1987

she is a 1.2 petrol engine 2018 model and my 35kg dog travels in the boot a lot and its city driving

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

she is a 1.2 petrol engine 2018 model and my 35kg dog travels in the boot a lot

Is the dog neutered and also a good dog?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Hows your mileage?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Have you any speed holes in the car?

They make it go faster.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is the dog neutered and also a good dog?

not neutered and pretty boisterous :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I filled up my Hyundai I 20 with 60 euro ten days ago ...
    I find either petrol or diesel works better than putting money in a car myself, but each top their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

not neutered and pretty boisterous :)

What colour is the dog ?

is anyone going to answer my original question please

Alun wrote: »
    I find either petrol or diesel works better than putting money in a car myself, but each top their own.

60 euro in small coins can also add some weight to a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

You need to get one of these :

https://www.amazon.com/Economizer-Improves-Instantly-Increases-Vehicles/dp/B00GS9GKPG
    EZ FUEL SAVER Auto Gas Economizer Power Plug As Seen on TV Improves MPG 10% to 30% in Any Car or Truck From 1960 to Current, Plugs Into Any 12v Vehicle Outlet Socket and Instantly Increases Gas Mileage, Get Better Fuel Economy in Gas and Diesel Vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

In my opinion it is about average for a car with that size engine and city driving.
    My wife drives a 1.2l Fiat 500, about 420km off a full tank costing about €40.
    I had a 1.2l Golf years ago and got about 650km off a full tank costing around €65
    So basing it on both of them, your car is very similar economically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

What type of dog is it?

Is it a really big Shih Tsu?

wexie wrote: »

so my answer is my fuel consumption is bad ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tails142

Well I assumed it was diesel, which gave around 45 litres at €1.33/l, and for 611km would mean 7.38litres/100km.

An efficient figure would be around 4l/100km

But now I see your post saying it's petrol and city driving, in which case it would be reasonably good but not impressIve by any means. You're talking about 35mpg or something like that. I had a 2.8 litre petrol car that got about 15mpg or less around the city so you're doing better than that anyway.

In my opinion it is about average for a car with that size engine and city driving.
    My wife drives a 1.2l Fiat 500, about 420km off a full tank costing about €40.
    I had a 1.2l Golf years ago and got about 650km off a full tank costing around €65
    So basing it on both of them, your car is very similar economically.

thankyou so much for giving me a straightforward answer

wexie wrote: »

OMG !! I got one of these and it increased my fuel economy up to 73%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

60 euro of what, oranges? Slurry? 1 cent coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

If you throw away the dog, break off the wing mirrors, tape up all the panel gaps with duct tape (use the windows to get in and out) and strip out the interior, you could get at least 10% better fuel efficiency. And you'd save on dog food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Assuming the tank's at the same level as when you topped it up and that you got about 45litres then you get about 7.3l/100km which won't be off the wall for short city journeys. Does the car not tell you your l/100km?

Assuming the tank's at the same level as when you topped it up and that you got about 45litres then you get about 7.3l/100km which won't be off the wall for short city journeys. Does the car not tell you your l/100km?

Look at you with your fancy pants car!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Look at you with your fancy pants car!

:P

Fairly standard nowadays. OP has a 181, so not beyond the bounds of possibility it has this now basic info.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Few years ago I loaded with carbs and with a couple of rest breaks managed 200km. This links nicely to the username thread as it was the Wicklow 200 and I had number 666, which became the number of the Beasty....

:pac:

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Few years ago I loaded with carbs and with a couple of rest breaks managed 200km. This links nicely to the username thread as it was the Wicklow 200 and I had number 666, which became the number of the Beasty....

On your bike!

Advertisement