Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mr Inbetween [FX]

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Stumbled across this show after the ice cream scene was a steady fixture on my TikTok feed, and I'm so glad I did a search for it. Stunning show, and Nicholas Cassim's portrayal of Bruce is right up there with any acting performance I've ever seen.

Currently watching another show with the missus, but can't wait till we're finished that so I can rewatch this again with her. Easily in my top 5 TV shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Absolutely no clue how I hadn't seen or even heard of this before but I've binged all 3 seasons within the past week, skipping the good weather to fire through them. Absolultely brilliant television and up there with some of the best stuff I've seen. Criminal that it seems to be completely under the radar, over in this part of the world at least.

One thing though, any reason why he let Freddie off the hook? Especially after his mate being gunned down? I know he was turning a leaf lifestyle wise but still I would have figured he would have killed him considering all the BS he put him through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Ray was always hard to pin down, he wasn’t a reactionary in any area of his life, even the way he dealt with the relationship breakup was evident, I suspect he didn’t kill Freddie because number one he believed the loan sharks would get him anyway and secondly he didn’t really get huge pleasure from killing, he wasn’t a sadist like the biker gang leader who executed the tourist elderly couple in the outback and the kiwi drug mule

freddie was very amusing, an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Petermc83

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

WOW WOW WOW! like another poster I only heard about this through a tick tok clip of the ice cream scene, binged the 3 seasons and it’s easily in my top 3 shows, Ray is such a cool character and the ending was not was I was expecting. 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭crushproof

Honestly the highlight of the show for me, could have been a boring conversation from any household but they absolutely perfected it. So funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Ray is like a cross between a hit man and the Dalai Lama

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Absolutely loved this, binge watched it last week. Amazing show, dark, hilarious in parts, very moving in others, loved Ray brilliant acting and writing by Scott Ryan. That smile.... Brilliant. His brother in it was unbelievable i actually thought they hired someone with motor neuron disease until i looked him up ffs. I really hope we get more in the future. Loved everything about it. Re watching it again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Would murder some dimmies right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he asked me what I was currently watching and I told him Culprits and told him it was okay. Conversation went on with what he watched and then he asked what's your no.1 all time and without a moment's thought I said Mr Inbetween.

He said what, I said I wish I was you. He just texted me and said he thinks he'll have to take a couple of days off work. He started watching it at 10pm last night and went to bed at 3 am. He's wrecked tired at work since 8 am this morning.

It's made its way to the top of my all time list. I used to find it hard to pick a top show with Breaking bad, The Wire, Justified and more recently Better Call Saul at the top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Yep it's absolutely top class tv and not very known at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Did anyone see the film, The Wizard? Made by Ryan a few years before Mr Inbetween and it’s about the same character. From what I understand the tv series takes some elements and expands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

Sorry, I don't answer questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Don't be a silliusoddious 😁.

Iirc, the 'wizard' is his character's nickname in the series (only mentioned once), based on the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭markw7

Advertisement