Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr Inbetween [FX]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ah. So disappointed it's over. One of my favourite shows ever actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Thought it was wrapped up fairly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,682 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

ha ha!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Loved the grin at the end, just a perfect way to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Such a brilliant show. Sad to see it finish but a lot of shows get dragged out so it's probably for the best. I reckon this is one that will get more credit in due course if it manages to become more mainstream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Really great show , I think we might see Ray back in a few years

I think he just had enough of him right now , writing ,starring and producing the show took its toll , I think he wants to have a crack at turning the Cool cred the show has in to some real money . Give it a few years and we might see him back and see him completely eff up those two boys in the swamp !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

I def think it was the latter. Everything about this show is great, the cast, acting, script, ending etc etc its very very hard to find faults with it.

I hope to see a lot more of Scott Ryan in the future

one thing that I found a little odd is that Scott Ryan's height isn't listed anywhere on the internet. So deliberately basically.

Also in general the way that the series shot he's rarely if ever standing beside others or in a lot of situations to give an obvious impression of his stature.

Seems like he must be pretty small given that director Nash is listed as 6 foot (on far left of pic here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Mr Inbetween- where "less is more" is so morish. It's hard not to binge-watch. Season 3 was just so good. That last episode was nail-biting.

In the episode where the gangster that Freddy owed money to- who Ray went to see- mentioned to his goon that Ray was "The Magician"- it's a reference to the character in the original mockumentary film that was the basis for the Mr Inbetween series. Gonna track it down now.

• Advertisement

I watched it last week,it's decent .Made on a tiny budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭markw7

Hi, where did you find it? I've been looking for this for two years now and can't find it anywhere. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

"In the episode where the gangster that Freddy owed money to- who Ray went to see- mentioned to his goon that Ray was "The Magician"- it's a reference to the character in the original mockumentary film that was the basis for the Mr Inbetween series."

Watched it today.

It's not bad. If I hadn't become a fan of Mr Inbetween, and I stumbled across this, I'm not sure I would have persevered with it. But as a fan, I'm glad I watched it to see the series' origin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

I can't believe I missed this final episode. I had watched to the previous one and somehow thought that was the end. Didn't realise it was finishing either. Very good ending to a brilliant show. I think I'll go re-watch it now soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,560 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

want some dimmies mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,896 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All 3 seasons of this fantastic show have been added to Disney+ today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I meant to come on the other day to say that, was a very pleasent surprise when I spotted it in the Star part of Disney+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭cozar

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Finished this over the weekend. Easily one of my favourite series of all time

The grin at the end and “Run”- just perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭De Bhál

saw this recommended in The Irish Times at the weekend in a list of things to watch on Disney channel.

Love it, finished first season last night. Funny stuff with him locked in the boot of his car and the goings on outside it. I'd imagine I'll be finished it by Sunday at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,038 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Fantastic show I cannot recommend it enough. Only chanced upon it when I saw a random Facebook video with the ice cream scene, checked the comments and was delighted to see it was on Disney+

It really deserves to be spoken in the same breath as Breaking Bad or The Sopranos.

Really hope Scott Ryan gives us a season 4 some day.

And I must check out The Magician, if you have access to vpn and Tubi it's on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Greatest TV show ever. Better than The Wire/Sopranos/Breaking Bad. Disagree? Fight me !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Maybe better than breaking bad. Not as good as the other two. Haha

Certainly up there with great shows. Well worth a binge.

Currently enjoying Mayor of Kingstown another standout well written show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

Reviews of that look atrocious

“Mayor of Kingstown, season 2, review: brainless machismo and breathless misogyny”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Petermc83

Just finished this. Really hope that they make a new series!

The first season was excellent but it fell off a cliff in season 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod: thread cleaned up. @Mr Disco @JaCrispy enough with the infantile bickering, it's neither wanted or tolerated. If you can't debate with resorting to personal insults, please don't post. Consider this a warning, any further instances get infractions.

• Advertisement

What brought ye to this conclusion lads? I didn't think there was a dip in quality at all for the whole run of the show.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

They're talking about a different show - the thread got a bit derailed. 'Mr. Inbetween' though did indeed never drop in quality, including up to the very final frame.

We are talking about Mayor of Kingstown which somebody brought up.

Ahh ok, my fault for not re-reading earlier comments. I was surprised how anyone could think it went downhill, absolute belter of a show.

I can't wait to see what Ryan comes up with next.

Agreed.

It never dipped ,great TV.

Be interesting to see what he does next.

I saw an interview with him and he said that if he was to do a season 4 he would want to do it in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just finished up, excellent show. Run... Brilliant.

is this the only show hes written?? Would love to see other work.

He also wrote/starred/directed in an indie film that the series is based off - The Magician (2005). Its not great tbh and very low budget but you might want to watch it. I found it interesting if only to see how much his writing improved and what a few bob can do for an idea.

• Advertisement

Agree with the above. Its worth watching but not at the level of the TV show.

He doesn't seem to have anything new planned from a quick search but would hope he comes out with something new before too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,099 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Stumbled across this show after the ice cream scene was a steady fixture on my TikTok feed, and I'm so glad I did a search for it. Stunning show, and Nicholas Cassim's portrayal of Bruce is right up there with any acting performance I've ever seen.

Currently watching another show with the missus, but can't wait till we're finished that so I can rewatch this again with her. Easily in my top 5 TV shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭crushproof

Absolutely no clue how I hadn't seen or even heard of this before but I've binged all 3 seasons within the past week, skipping the good weather to fire through them. Absolultely brilliant television and up there with some of the best stuff I've seen. Criminal that it seems to be completely under the radar, over in this part of the world at least.

One thing though, any reason why he let Freddie off the hook? Especially after his mate being gunned down? I know he was turning a leaf lifestyle wise but still I would have figured he would have killed him considering all the BS he put him through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Ray was always hard to pin down, he wasn’t a reactionary in any area of his life, even the way he dealt with the relationship breakup was evident, I suspect he didn’t kill Freddie because number one he believed the loan sharks would get him anyway and secondly he didn’t really get huge pleasure from killing, he wasn’t a sadist like the biker gang leader who executed the tourist elderly couple in the outback and the kiwi drug mule

freddie was very amusing, an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

WOW WOW WOW! like another poster I only heard about this through a tick tok clip of the ice cream scene, binged the 3 seasons and it’s easily in my top 3 shows, Ray is such a cool character and the ending was not was I was expecting. 10/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭crushproof

Honestly the highlight of the show for me, could have been a boring conversation from any household but they absolutely perfected it. So funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Ray is like a cross between a hit man and the Dalai Lama

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

Absolutely loved this, binge watched it last week. Amazing show, dark, hilarious in parts, very moving in others, loved Ray brilliant acting and writing by Scott Ryan. That smile.... Brilliant. His brother in it was unbelievable i actually thought they hired someone with motor neuron disease until i looked him up ffs. I really hope we get more in the future. Loved everything about it. Re watching it again now.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Would murder some dimmies right now.

I was talking to a friend yesterday and he asked me what I was currently watching and I told him Culprits and told him it was okay. Conversation went on with what he watched and then he asked what's your no.1 all time and without a moment's thought I said Mr Inbetween.

He said what, I said I wish I was you. He just texted me and said he thinks he'll have to take a couple of days off work. He started watching it at 10pm last night and went to bed at 3 am. He's wrecked tired at work since 8 am this morning.

It's made its way to the top of my all time list. I used to find it hard to pick a top show with Breaking bad, The Wire, Justified and more recently Better Call Saul at the top.

• Advertisement
Advertisement