Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ride a bike?

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

15 min walk to Coke Zero bike + 10 min cycle to train station + 10 min walk to work, and same in reverse in the evening.

The Patrick street car ban in the evenings has made it a bit easier to get home, don't have to navigate the busy pedestrian Oliver Plunkett street anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Beasty wrote: »
    1 x Bianchi fixie
    2 x Cervelo track bikes
    1 x Cervelo TT bike
    2 x Cervelo road bikes
    2 x Dolan track bikes
    1 x Dolan road bike
    1 x Giant TT bike
    1 x Ridley road bike
    1 x Scott road bike

You can see some more pics
    here and here and here
    McTigs wrote: »
    I ride a bike everyday...... can't imagine life without it tbh.

Scott Hybrid (going to work and cycling with the kids bike)
    Felt Road Bike (Weekend MAMIL bike)
    Claud Butler Vintage Racer (Stylish Bike for showing off)
    Falcon Vintage Racer (Recently acquired, needs some TLC)

Have a very old/knackered Halfords/Carrera MTB, that I used to love bombing around on, and Orbea Road Bike that has done several sportives here, one Gaelforce, and a London to Brighton. Would consider a Gravel Bike, if was to get another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Merida Ride 400.... Have it about 3 years...came off it at speed...ripped my groin, arm damage, concussion (wore a helmet) & 3 broken ribs....I walk a lot these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

You got me thinking. I would love a tricycle. Not sure enough of my balance at my advanced age on an ordinary bike, but an adult trike.. would scoot along our traffic less lanes the lanes in great style and the dog would run alongside.... ah!

OK forget it Graces! Just seen the prices! Even secondhand... ah well I can dream.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Apart from Amsterdam, Copenhagen is bike nuts altogether.

You see besuited finance bosses and glamourous high-heeled blonde ladies-who-lunch floating by on two wheels on all streets.

Their dodgy weather and handful of slopes puts paid to our potential excuses here.

I love the old bike - sheer joy - but most of my travelling is by car, and in winter bike is confined to Sun mornings only.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Everyone seems to cycle here in Holland. Old and young, well to do and less so. Amaterdam has 600K bikes to its 900K population. Amazing!

The Dutch are great at cycling infrastructure - cycle paths and streets abound. You hardly ever have to cycle directly o main roads with cars. If only Ireland was more proactive!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Shenshen wrote: »

I also drive a car.
    Only got 3 of them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Everyone seems to cycle here in Holland. Old and young, well to do and less so. Amaterdam has 600K bikes to its 900K population. Amazing!

The Dutch are great at cycling infrastructure - cycle paths and streets abound. You hardly ever have to cycle directly o main roads with cars. If only Ireland was more proactive!

Everytime I'm there I think that. And every morning/evening when I'm getting a bus on the quays I see cyclists dodging dublin busses. We have a ****ty infrastructure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I f*cking love cycling.
    I want a new bike. I know what bike I want, just can't get to the bike shop that stocks it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I pay €1300 a year for the privilege of going to work (f u Dublin bus), so I’m going back on the bike next month.
    100km a week. Yay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement