Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza Horizon 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Get an X if you can afford it. I play this on PC, x and s and 30fps on the S is painful. Load times very painful too. Grand im sure if that's all you play it on and you are used to it though.

Can't justify the extra outlay for the sake of one game. I already have a PS4. I may just get the demo on my PC. If it's playable, I'll buy a copy for it instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

TinCool wrote: »
    Seriously considering in getting an xbox one S to play this. My ageing desktop I don't think will be up to the task anymore and couldn't be arsed with upgrading. I rarely play games on it and am more akin to sitting on the couch to play the odd game on my 55" 4k TV.

It runs fine on my old Radeon 7850. Low settings, but still looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Get an X if you can afford it. I play this on PC, x and s and 30fps on the S is painful. Load times very painful too. Grand im sure if that's all you play it on and you are used to it though.

Can't justify the extra outlay for the sake of one game. I already have a PS4. I may just get the demo on my PC. If it's playable, I'll buy a copy for it instead.
    Is it a large case? If so its surprisingly easy to fit a graphics card in there and a 1050ti would only cost €100ish second hand I would reckon.

If you want to post what processor you have it's easy for us to let you know how it should fare. Plus you would need 8gb ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Seriously considering in getting an xbox one S to play this. My ageing desktop I don't think will be up to the task anymore and couldn't be arsed with upgrading. I rarely play games on it and am more akin to sitting on the couch to play the odd game on my 55" 4k TV.

Yeah deffo get an X if you can stretch, playing this game at a rock solid 60fps while smashing through the country side with 12 other cars is addictive. It is buttery smooth

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

More content coming October 25:

https://m.windowscentral.com/forza-horizon-4-route-creator-update

I have actually eased up on playing this because I would have had it finished by Spring! Seems no need to if they plan on keeping the content coming.

Happy driving!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally got Goliath unlocked and its freaking fantastic. Love that race. Would love to see more players do pvp and pve in the world though. :(

Photo mode us epic!

1c01b69b-ace6-474d-877d-6c3e307d514e.jpg

7cefb364-8c96-437b-a97d-6c7a76d82a14.jpg

893ab75a-4889-411d-89e5-662b0f68b304.jpg

d033ea5b-2c66-48b7-a4c7-e0b2bfc6a59c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Finally got Goliath unlocked and its freaking fantastic. Love that race. Would love to see more players do pvp and pve in the world though. :(

Photo mode us epic!

1c01b69b-ace6-474d-877d-6c3e307d514e.jpg

7cefb364-8c96-437b-a97d-6c7a76d82a14.jpg

893ab75a-4889-411d-89e5-662b0f68b304.jpg

d033ea5b-2c66-48b7-a4c7-e0b2bfc6a59c.jpg

Bring your exposure down a bit and up the contrast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

50 laps of Goliath?

Thats a **** way actually.

I was leveling my road racing to 20 and making 200k credits in 20 laps on a track south of Edinburgh. The best time I could do a lap was 58s and I used only expert drivatars.
    Another issue is that he lost mort credits by using rewind then he earned by putting max level drivatars.

If I have a chance I will do 3 laps of Goliath tomorrow for achievement. My Forza edition Austin martin Vulcan is a beast on that track.

• Advertisement

I am back to work now and it sucks. Still managed to play a bit more tonight.
    Decided to go for 3 lap achievement on goliath. As always took my trusty Austin Vulcan ( just in love with that car ) and expert drivatars.
    The race was a lot of fun. Battleing it all the way to the end. On last lap got to first pisition, but with about half of lap left I did a booboo. Went off and missed checkpoint! So by the time I got back up I ended up in 8th position. Had even more tense driving trying to regain at least some positions! In the end I got up to 3 position and was breathing down the neck of two drivatars, but I lost to them with less then a second time!!! Still, one of the best races I had in 60h+ of FH4!
    If anyone interested, I made 300k cr and 8 wheels spins in that race. After spins I got 700k in total ( very lucky with spins ). Took me less then half an hour.

Then later I just drove around world and noticed a high level fella messing around in stock golf 2. So I kind of cruised around him. Then he switched to Vulcan too and we went for a fast enthusiastic drive together around the map! In the end we messeged each other to thank for random fun and hopefully if our work schedules match we will drive together again.

I am kind of upset that I cant get any people to join some Goliath races with me, but open world with people driving around makes that world so much more alive.
    In my personal opinion the biggest issue is that rarely you see online maps with more then 50 people in it. Developers should try to jam as many people in one session as they can. Or maybe different options for lobbies you could join? Lets say have an option to join lobbies where people doing coop or pvp or drifting sessions on the map?
    The second issue is that notifications for a posted pvp or pve event by other players are very hard to notice. Took me about 50h on playing to learn how system works! That tiny notification in a cornor is very hard to see, specially when you dont even know it pops up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Devilfish698

Does anyone know if I buy the Xbox one s bundle with horizon 4 will I be able to play it on the pc too? Or is it only when it is purchased in the Xbox store that you can do that?

Does anyone know if I buy the Xbox one s bundle with horizon 4 will I be able to play it on the pc too? Or is it only when it is purchased in the Xbox store that you can do that?

Yes, it will be added to your MS account and you wi be able to play on both.

In other news: horizon stories can be a real ass!!!
    Managed to 3 star drift, worlds fastest and stunt driver. Even then I needed to wait for winter to go away as its pretty much impossible with snow on roads.
    The gaming one is just plain frustrating. Need to redo 6 more for 3 stars.
    Biggest gripe with it - god damn traffic!!! So many times I had a good session going and right before finish line I got a traffic jam completely blocking my line. Its a challange of luck not skill!!!
    Does anyone know of we need to do British stories too for achievement? Or only 4 original stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I have 95 cars (so far) in the game. I have only driven about a dozen of them.

Hey guys
    I still havent got the update that was on the 21st of this month
    Any idea how to get it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Ireland expansion dlc anyone?

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Ireland expansion dlc anyone?

Funny enough, I was thinking same thing. It would be perfect and fit right there.
    I just hope its not going to be another hot wheels bull****.

Funny enough, I was thinking same thing. It would be perfect and fit right there.
    I just hope its not going to be another hot wheels bull****.

It's where Ciara is from after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Billy86 wrote: »
    Is it a large case? If so its surprisingly easy to fit a graphics card in there and a 1050ti would only cost €100ish second hand I would reckon.

If you want to post what processor you have it's easy for us to let you know how it should fare. Plus you would need 8gb ram.

It's an i5. It's a tower so could stick a new card in there. The one it has is a radeon from a few years back. Takes up two slots.

I ended up buying an xbox one S bundle. Looks/plays great on the 55" TV. Surprisingly, it plays pretty well on the PC as well, which is good as my older son has been playing it on there. He prefers the keyboard. Nice that MS allows you to play the game on different platforms without having to buy it several times.

I'm loving the game though. It's a great escape.

Forzathon live sucks backside.

The weekly challenges are a bit of a grind as well. I grinded 5 million skill points in a cult Meyers Manx lol and I still had to do more eg ten daredevil skills

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Forzathon live sucks backside.

The weekly challenges are a bit of a grind as well. I grinded 5 million skill points in a cult Meyers Manx lol and I still had to do more eg ten daredevil skills

Play normally until a skill song comes on and then swap over. Two skill songs had me bank the 5 million. Then I just drove the motorway for the daredevil combos, don't even have to go all that fast to get it. A couple of lengths got the ten.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Play normally until a skill song comes on and then swap over. Two skill songs had me bank the 5 million. Then I just drove the motorway for the daredevil combos, don't even have to go all that fast to get it. A couple of lengths got the ten.

Haven't unlocked skill songs yet.
    Probably cause I've just been exploring.
    Found most boards, all beauty spots etc.
    Haven't even unlocked photo mode

Haven't unlocked skill songs yet.
    Probably cause I've just been exploring.
    Found most boards, all beauty spots etc.
    Haven't even unlocked photo mode

I haven't seen a single skill song. Over 60h in too.

I haven't seen a single skill song. Over 60h in too.

You need to purchase Huntsman's Lodge for 750,000 credits.
    Its worth it

Im not trying to be smart, but dedicated YouTube channels to Forza games are a great help for the hard to do PR stunts, boards to get and challenges and general advice about upgrades and tuning.
    Ill probably watch two videos a day depending on my problems

EverythingGaming
    Katumi74
    Super GT
    Don Joewon Song

Are the best of the Forza volgers

Well, I smashed 200 boards and did not got STD. :pac:
    Did 160 myself and then bought treasure map, instead of doing youtube crap. Wanted to see how many I can find myself and 160 in my opinion is not bad considering I was not hunting it.

So far very few achievements left. 15 barns one is still bugged, but I guess its a matter of time.
    After that only have left: X and D showdown, complete seasonal PR stunt, complete all PR stunts and something else.
    This is the first Forza game I invested so much time in. Really like it. It even made me go back and give F7 a go again. I think I'll be playing a lot more of it now as not much left to do in Horizon 4. Love multiplayer, but the only way to play it is team adventure. Would love a full lobby just for Goliath race. Wont happen until some changes will be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭R.dufy454773

Sorry if this is In wrong place and ik it’s not really related to this but if anyone could help it would be great

I have a thrustmaster 458 Ferrari steering wheel and wanting to get the Logitech gear stick but wondering can u use the gear stick with the thrust master and without the clutch ?

Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Sorry if this is In wrong place and ik it’s not really related to this but if anyone could help it would be great

I have a thrustmaster 458 Ferrari steering wheel and wanting to get the Logitech gear stick but wondering can u use the gear stick with the thrust master and without the clutch ?

Tia

If youre on Xbox then no you won’t be able to use the Logitech shifter with a thrust master wheel, the Logitech shifter isn’t usb and it’s specifically designed to plug into the Logitech G29/920 wheel.

On PC you*might* be able to get a usb adaptor for the Logitech shifter.

You need to purchase Huntsman's Lodge for 750,000 credits.
    Its worth it

Can't find Huntsman's lodge at all.
    Roughly where abouts is it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Can't find Huntsman's lodge at all.
    Roughly where abouts is it?

In the forest, East side of the lake, North of an area that's been chopped down.

There's maps available with a Google search, if my dodgy, vague directions aren't helpful.

Advertisement