Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Beef with black pepper sauce and boiled rice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,096 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Autosport wrote: »
    Beef with black pepper sauce and boiled rice :)

I have similar on the way Auto. Gonna mill it. Some work tomorrow and then a week or so off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Banana sandwich!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

12 teacakes and Barrys. I'm such a lazy cow. Sooner I'm back to work the better. Can't be bothered to make anything or put any weight on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

northgirl wrote: »
    12 teacakes and Barrys. I'm such a lazy cow. Sooner I'm back to work the better. Can't be bothered to make anything or put any weight on. :(

That's not good for you. Could you order something in? Maccy D's do deliveries now too.

• Advertisement

That's not good for you. Could you order something in? Maccy D's do deliveries now too.

I know. It's an ongoing battle. I am trying. Going through some very tough emotional stuff and has caused alot of anxiety around food. Not looking for pity just explaining that I know I'm doing all the wrong things. Hope for 2019.

I know. It's an ongoing battle. I am trying. Going through some very tough emotional stuff and has caused alot of anxiety around food. Not looking for pity just explaining that I know I'm doing all the wrong things. Hope for 2019.

That's awful. But as you say maybe going back to work and having a routine will help things.
    I'd nearly post out half the pizza I couldn't finish :)

I need to unlike your last post coz S made me guilty about the fab vision I had of eating all those Teacakes.:D Whatever your battle NG, go do it. Nobody is perfect either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Jeez that's tough going, I wouldn't be a great eater myself but I do enjoy what I have, I couldn't see myself surviving on just tea and biscuits though :eek: Going to Spain later in the week with a big gang of family/relatives and it's one of the aspects of any holiday I most enjoy, going out in the evening for a big group dinner of several courses and chatting away for a few hours in a nice restaurant.

Sending positive vibes to you for 2019

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spicy chicken sandwich again, lazy.

I volunteer to be your personal chief if you want :3

• Advertisement

That's awful. But as you say maybe going back to work and having a routine will help things.
    I'd nearly post out half the pizza I couldn't finish :)
    Grandeeod wrote: »
    I need to unlike your last post coz S made me guilty about the fab vision I had of eating all those Teacakes.:D Whatever your battle NG, go do it. Nobody is perfect either.
    GoneHome wrote: »
    Jeez that's tough going, I wouldn't be a great eater myself but I do enjoy what I have, I couldn't see myself surviving on just tea and biscuits though :eek: Going to Spain later in the week with a big gang of family/relatives and it's one of the aspects of any holiday I most enjoy, going out in the evening for a big group dinner of several courses and chatting away for a few hours in a nice restaurant.

Sending positive vibes to you for 2019
    Spicy chicken sandwich again, lazy.

I volunteer to be your personal chief if you want :3

Thanks for understanding as best you all can.

It made me cry even writing that. I actually love food and am or was a bit of a foodie. Never in a million years did I see this coming.

Will keep trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

good on you northgirl,best of luck :)

2e7996c6233a0321dfc28dbf54ca176b--snoopy-hug-snoopy-peanuts.jpg

bassy wrote: »
    good on you northgirl,best of luck :)
    2e7996c6233a0321dfc28dbf54ca176b--snoopy-hug-snoopy-peanuts.jpg

Thanks for the support, means a lot to me.

You'll get through it NG, I know from your posts you're stronger than you give yourself credit for, keep the head held high and know that you are a good person.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You'll get through it NG, I know from your posts you're stronger than you give yourself credit for, keep the head held high and know that you are a good person.

+1 for this, the bold part in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,835 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Will keep trying.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's half the battle there NG , you are still trying , that's the most important part , and one day you'll get there x.

And then we'll get Gifted to bake you whatever cake you want , and Grandeeod to cook you whatever you fancy !

(Sorry , not sorry , for volunteering the above to cook :p)

If its any consolation NG, lots of us struggle is some way. Seriously, we do. I'm about as perfect as a football score prediction.

If its any consolation NG, lots of us struggle is some way. Seriously, we do. I'm about as perfect as a football score prediction.

I'm the same. I put on weight from illness and have to restrict what I eat so I understand NG and where she's coming from. Hopefully this will be a good year for everyone.

If its any consolation NG, lots of us struggle is some way. Seriously, we do.

By god isn't that the truth, no one is this world is perfect and if they appear to be that's all it is appearances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hang in there northgirl. I can get where you are coming from as if I am upset or anxious it goes straight to my belly, whatever I can eat goes down in lumps. I find yoghurt is a God send at these times :)

By god isn't that the truth, no one is this world is perfect and if they appear to be that's all it is appearances

100% +++++
    We may think everything is hunky dory for everyone else posting or in real life , but often times the brightest smiles hide the saddest/broken souls .

In keeping with the thread before anyone complains - cheese sandwich .

I'm the same. I put on weight from illness and have to restrict what I eat so I understand NG and where she's coming from. Hopefully this will be a good year for everyone.

Two reasons why I love this place and all you guys. The honesty. The reality. I know I've had some pints, but I do mean it.

I was much worse 12 months ago. It's taken nearly 30 years to realise the root of all this and I lived for many years unscathed but dying inside. Then it all started to fall apart on the inside and outside.

Trust me, I know no-one escapes.

I lost myself and wanted to disappear. I wasn't even trying to keep up appearances it got so bad. Now I'm trying to re-build but it is not easy.

I think when you go through things it makes you stronger and gives you greater empathy for others. I'm far less judgemental than I used to be.

I still have a long way to go but it can't all happen together.

Words of encouragement and friends like you help enormously.

And yes, there's still plenty of BOLDNESS there so I have retained my sense of humour as I'm frequently reminded :pac:

Sorry off topic and only drinking water now so.. Tomorrow for this thread!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Hang in there northgirl. I can get where you are coming from as if I am upset or anxious it goes straight to my belly, whatever I can eat goes down in lumps. I find yoghurt is a God send at these times :)

This is true. I have some yoghurt and it can cover me for breakfast and lunch until dinner time. It lines my tummy and stops the hunger pangs. I always have it in the fridge now, a couple of flavours of it. Mixed with some fruit if feeling adventurous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

You come across as a fantastic person NG, I really hope the new year brings lots of joy for you x
    On topic, I’m nibbling some green grapes.

Ham, cheese and mayo roll, packet of hunky dorys, bottle of Heineken

I predict a bag of bistro crisp in my immediate future :3
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That's half the battle there NG , you are still trying , that's the most important part , and one day you'll get there x.

And then we'll get Gifted to bake you whatever cake you want , and Grandeeod to cook you whatever you fancy !

(Sorry , not sorry , for volunteering the above to cook :p)

I volunteered as well......we'll all be fighting over her to see who cooks for her....:3

*takes out spatula and hunts the lads away*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tomato and red lentil soup bubbling on the stove. Prepped a quesedilla with cheese and sardines.

• Advertisement

I predict a bag of bistro crisp in my immediate future :3

I volunteered as well......we'll all be fighting over her to see who cooks for her....:3

*takes out spatula and hunts the lads away*

Beat them off S :D
    We'll all bring a dish , I do a mean smooth potato salad ;)

Ah , some crunchy biscuit out of a box of Fox's biscuits :o

Advertisement