Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backwards licensing system

Options
  • 23-09-2018 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just a bit of a funny rant as i cant get my head around the lisencing system here

Applied for a new rifle license 4-5 weeks ago, the day after dropping the forms in got a phone call to say a garda is coming to inspect the safe, week later the safe is checked and all is good.

The week after that i rang the firearms officer to check on the progress and was told all is checked off just waiting on super to sign it

On friday i got a letter in the door to say my application has been received at the garda station :confused:

Surely this would have been the first thing to receive :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Often get the 'application received" after the "license Approved" letter, I believe the legal term is "Ars*ways"

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Chiparus wrote: »
    Often get the 'application received" after the "license Approved" letter, I believe the legal term is "Ars*ways"

On my other two licenses i never even received an “ application received” letter, just got the approval ones.. it seems theres no set guidelines on how the applications are handled on the far side and its just up to each garda to follow thier own ways

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The "application received" is only issued/posted when the details are entered onto PULSE, or so i'm lead to believe. It's automatically generated. The details are only entered when the Super signs off on the application so it's a good sign the grant letter is on the way.

I've often got the grant letter, then the "application received" letter a few days after it. :rolleyes:

Still as long as i get it i don't care.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭GolfVI

Cass wrote: »
    The "application received" is only issued/posted when the details are entered onto PULSE, or so i'm lead to believe. It's automatically generated. The details are only entered when the Super signs off on the application so it's a good sign the grant letter is on the way.

I've often got the grant letter, then the "application received" letter a few days after it. :rolleyes:

Still as long as i get it i don't care.

Hopefully its on the way, been checking the post every morning like a child waiting for santa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I've 4 licences and I've never received an application received letter, I just get the grant letter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭eoin.d

Gravelly wrote:
    I've 4 licences and I've never received an application received letter, I just get the grant letter.

Same here. Never get anything only grant letter

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Postcode lottery and a bloody farce tbh. The consequences of rushed legislation without the proper implementation. Had they delayed the Act by 6 to 9 months to get the proper licenses and training done it would have gone so much smoother.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Advertisement