Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia Sign Up Thread - October 28th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Myself and a few others play primarily using our phones, its a pain to use the backrooms on mobile though, and you cant multiquote so if thats your style its a bit more time consuming than on desktop but workable

Yeah I play/mod primarily from the laptop/work PC. But can use the phone on occasion.

Can I tempt you with signing up properly Digi.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sikke

So I click the legacy site thing, both the bottom one and one on the top right, no change, then I click help, it's different only there, one I can actually interact with.

then it goes back to the default when I for example try accessing my user cp, which is unresponsive.

that's the problem, apart from coming to few threads and posting, I'm not getting any access to my profile, inbox, user cp, quoting/thanking etc. thank's for your help guys, I'll try to see if the app i got works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

sKeith wrote: »
    you can change that, in control panel -> edit avatar.

We are using the anon accounts

Myself and a few others play primarily using our phones, its a pain to use the backrooms on mobile though, and you cant multiquote so if thats your style its a bit more time consuming than on desktop but workable

I do everything in my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sikke

Alright, I switched browsers from chrome to Microsoft edge, god help me.

it works, finally I can use this site, should have no more problems. thanks guys, I won't spare you if you're scum but you get V+ cred for d1
    sike, you thought.

buuuuuuttttt…. I'd really like a custom avatar, didn't really see an option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

Would it be too much to ask what this game is about/rules... Kinda intrigued

Sikke wrote: »
    Alright, I switched browsers from chrome to Microsoft edge, god help me.

it works, finally I can use this site, should have no more problems. thanks guys, I won't spare you if you're scum but you get V+ cred for d1
    sike, you thought.

buuuuuuttttt…. I'd really like a custom avatar, didn't really see an option?

Customs are for moderators and subscribers you can buy one for the price of a months sub it’s not much but we are soo used to getting stuff free ...

Sinbad311 wrote: »

It’s about being in the sopranos or being an fbi agentvor being a normal person living in that world

Even the normals have a chance to kill people each day
    Game is played in real time
    Will probably take between 2 and 5 days
    Will be played with our annonomouys log in on this forum and another forum
    Rules are going to be released once we get 20 sign ups but basically you will be helped if your new by me and I helped design the game so you won’t be out of your depth
    For example if you are chris montesomething the nephew you will have three win conditions
    You win if you and your girl Adrianna get to the end alive
    You win if you and the mob get to the end alive
    You win if you become an fbi informant and get to the end alive

Only your lady will know who you are so you have to trust her but as you see only one of your three win cons needs her so technically you can betrayer her

Most of the charachters have thrmsese set ups so everyone will be trusting each other or bit based on the play

It’s a game that I’m very excited to be involved with and that I think will be great fun

All players are welcome but the only way you will learn is to play

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sinbad311 wrote:

Hey Sinbad, as Jack said best way to learn is to play but with regards to rules if you check out the Werewolf Forum here and have a read of the first post in a few games it will give you a basic premise for how it works.

The What is Werewolf thread also explains the game fairly well.

If you're interested, give it a go and Jack has already offered to help out new players as much as he can during the game so don't worry about not knowing too much... We all started the same way more or less :D

Necrominus wrote: »
    Hey Sinbad, as Jack said best way to learn is to play but with regards to rules if you check out the Werewolf Forum here and have a read of the first post in a few games it will give you a basic premise for how it works.

The What is Werewolf thread also explains the game fairly well.

If you're interested, give it a go and Jack has already offered to help out new players as much as he can during the game so don't worry about not knowing too much... We all started the same way more or less :D

Yeah I won’t help with the decisions but I’ll clarify what the decisions are for any of the new players
    If your interested you should try it out, it’s annonoymous so the other players won’t have any preconceptions of your play and I bet you will find it’s easier than you think

There are no hidden roles or rules that are not explained fully so it’s acually an ideal starter game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah I play/mod primarily from the laptop/work PC. But can use the phone on occasion.

Can I tempt you with signing up properly Digi.... :D

Ill be your No. 20, dont want to commit yet

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Sinbad311

Thanks Jack,

Still a little lost to be honest but as you and others have said, the only way to learn is to play..So I'd like to join if space is still available?
    I remember the Werewolf thread so will have a read through that to try and brush up on the basics!

Cheers
    Si

Sinbad311 wrote: »
    Thanks Jack,

Still a little lost to be honest but as you and others have said, the only way to learn is to play..So I'd like to join if space is still available?
    I remember the Werewolf thread so will have a read through that to try and brush up on the basics!

Cheers
    Si

No worries, welcome aboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Necrominus wrote:
    No worries, welcome aboard!

Bah dum tish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

If you are really stuck for numbers put me in but I won't be around much on the Monday / Tuesday

kitten_k wrote: »
    If you are really stuck for numbers put me in but I won't be around much on the Monday / Tuesday

I'm sure we can make it work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Out of sight, out of mind Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Out of sight, out of mind Wolf

Damn you caught me!!

Also :D

Also :D

You don't know how many times I typed a sign up post and deleted it!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSusWQb0BAnLTZdQSEdu9tkfCm0-jBKyqlDyO-t_kWWbkDiZNjR

• Advertisement

You don't know how many times I typed a sign up post and deleted it!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSusWQb0BAnLTZdQSEdu9tkfCm0-jBKyqlDyO-t_kWWbkDiZNjR

tumblr_nucajpwQND1ub5m02o1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Did Necro pressure you? Did he intimidate you?

No PMs were sent in the making of this game....

EquatorialAnyJackal-small.gif

Ok... well... less than 50 :o

Its more like this:

1g8dl8.jpg

source.gif

Still loads of time to sign up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

source.gif

Still loads of time to sign up!

it didnt appeal to me in 2014, still don't appeal.

most musicals don't.
    I gave sweeney todd a shot, was hard to sit thru, but just bearable,
    and i kinda liked dr horrible.

Hoping to close off sign ups by Thursday night folks.

Want to get the OP released by Friday afternoon so you can whet your appetite on it before Sunday :)

So keep those sign ups rolling in! Now there are only 2 days left to join the #gunsforall movement!

#MakeWerewolfGreatAgain

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I really havent got the time for this.

But considering the theme and the surprisingly low numbers, I'll submit my name to the roster list.

I really havent got the time for this.

But considering the theme and the surprisingly low numbers, I'll submit my name to the roster list.

Welcome aboard pSTARR :D

• Advertisement

Updated Sign Ups:

1. Ectoplasm
    2. Loughc
    3. Uriel
    4. Bounty Hunter
    5. fixxxer
    6. beakerjoe
    7. Lord TSC
    8. tritium
    9. MrsFlushdraw
    10. Rikand
    11. Barney92