Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia Sign Up Thread - October 28th

Options
  • 20-09-2018 10:20pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Not to take away from the vanilla game, but here's another one you can sink your teeth into for October 28th....

This theme is definitely not A.R.S.E.....

the-sopranos-2_7524.jpg

Roll up for The Sopranos Mafia - yes, Mafia (although also Werewolf)

Updated Sign Ups:

1. Ectoplasm
    2. Loughc
    3. Uriel
    4. Bounty Hunter
    5. fixxxer
    6. beakerjoe
    7. Lord TSC
    8. tritium
    9. MrsFlushdraw
    10. Rikand
    11. Barney92
    12. Pter
    13. duffman13
    14. Sikke
    15. Stu Redman
    16. MrKingsley
    17. Sinbad311
    18. kitten_k
    19. patrickSTARR

Subs:

1. Digital Solitude

Deadroom Access:

1. Kolido
    2. Mollyb60

3 more players and a Digital Solitude would be enough to run Sopranos theme.

Keep the sign ups rolling folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Awww Necro, you've answered my prayers. I can actually play this as I'll be off that week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Sign me up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

In for this for sure.
    I'll see if I can book a day or two off work :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just when I thought I was out... They pull me back in!

I am 100% down for the Sopranos.

I still remember when a teenage me let out a loud exclamation that caused my dad all sorts of confusion as he walked past the door "Oh no they are going to Whack big Pussy!"

I think I would be happy with almost any character in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yup Yup Yup, cant break the streak now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ill play only if I get a Pauly Walnuts role.

Or even if I dont

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In :D

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ill play only if I get a Pauly Walnuts role.

Or even if I dont

Silvio Dante for me, with my back room The Bada Bing.

speaking of which... maybe this game should be non-PG

200.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Silvio Dante for me, with my back room The Bada Bing.

speaking of which... maybe this game should be non-PG

200.gif

:cool: We'll see what we can do (the non-PG element)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

My god, weve just finished the last one ....

I love it

I’m away a lot of the following week but can I be tentatively put down to play? I’ll try to find a way to sneak away from the family at key points :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I'm out until after Christmas as too busy in work (I got nothing done this week!)

Can I have dead room access please?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

kitten_k wrote: »
    I'm out until after Christmas as too busy in work (I got nothing done this week!)

Of course :)

tritium wrote: »
    My god, weve just finished the last one ....

I love it

I’m away a lot of the following week but can I be tentatively put down to play? I’ll try to find a way to sneak away from the family at key points :D

Fear not, dear tritium - you have six weeks (well, two really if you're playing the vanilla game) until this one :D

October 28th, not September :P

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wait you’re playing the December game right? :pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    Wait you’re playing the December game right? :pac:

I don’t know 🀷*♀️ the work steam I run in work have a return deadline of 23rd December so I will see how I am fixed when the sign up thread goes up. Is the theme related to our joint love of a certain time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

stick me down as a sub, I might change my mind closer to the game

I don’t know 🀷*♀️ the work steam I run in work have a return deadline of 23rd December so I will see how I am fixed when the sign up thread goes up. Is the theme related to our joint love of a certain time of year?

There maybe ;)

Loughc wrote: »
    There maybe ;)

Hmmm will be hard to say no. Any dates planned??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

The potential of this is amazing
    Are the sopranranoas town or scum ?

Jack Moore wrote:
    The potential of this is amazing Are the sopranranoas town or scum ?

Could be either ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Stick me in for now. I am just back from Scotland and not sure about the job front at the minute. I can pull out closer to the time (But not too close)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVbotuG-V-evn_ZL_j3VlyAbGCAg4keOCyan1HcXEfuM0HBdcBIA

To translate for Tony, the game will be DOUBLE Anon (backrooms, and game thread).

tenor.gif

Loads of time left to sign up, and don't heed Paulie, he's a bit of a grouch:

fdd44fe9eb70e8f02770a4eb2322d6f3.gif

Double anon! Sounds interesting

Meant to ask, as the game is entitled mafia and not just Sopranos, we're not going to be seeing the likes of Don Corleone showing up are we?

Btw that (Pine Barrens) episode was a great one, made me laugh reading how they almost put that Russian in a scene in the final season too.

Double anon! Sounds interesting

Meant to ask, as the game is entitled mafia and not just Sopranos, we're not going to be seeing the likes of Don Corleone showing up are we?

Btw that (Pine Barrens) episode was a great one, made me laugh reading how they almost put that Russian in a scene in the final season too.

Nah, mafia is werewolf with simple variations on roles. Played primarily on other sites such as Mafia Universe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In

Great stuff Rikand, updating the list:

1. Ectoplasm
    2. Loughc
    3. Uriel
    4. Bounty Hunter
    5. fixxxer
    6. beakerjoe
    7. Lord TSC
    8. tritium
    9. MrsFlushdraw
    10. Rikand

Subs:

1. Digital Solitude

Deadroom Access:

1. kitten_k

Loads of space left yet folks, sign ups aren't limited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Necrominus wrote: »
    Fear not, dear tritium - you have six weeks (well, two really if you're playing the vanilla game) until this one :D

October 28th, not September :P

Ah no I twigged it’s october- late family break planned around then so that’s the uncertainty

Mechanic Reveal 1:

So people can start to look forward to this game, mods have decided to reveal the first (new to Boards) mechanic to be trialled in the upcoming game:

ITAs (In Thread Attack Sessions):

There will be a pre determined hour each day where players will have the opportunity to shoot and kill one another. Players will have one shot per day, and a percentage chance of hitting their target which can be increased or decreased dependant on certain factors (to be published prior to game launch).

So....

Have you ever wanted to just shut Necro up?

Had a thought that beakerjoe was a wolf but no one would believe or listen to you?

Now, you - the players - have the power to make it so they have to listen to you.

*This announcement was brought to you by the ARSE committee for the #playershaveguns movement*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I can't wait to be the first person to use this mechanic to accidently shoot themselves :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'm in please :)

Advertisement