Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing disruptive aggressive housemate

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

i once lent this guy a tenner, who promised he would repay me.
    i never saw him again.
    it was worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

I read the first two replies, people on about safety orders etc... jeez.

Just tell her to fuk off and stay out of your way. Call her out on her boyfriend not paying rent and that she can pay her part of tv licence as she has a wall mounted tv. If she keeps opening the bathroom window say nothing and glue it shut with no more nails or some equally strong adhesive.

Fight fire with fire.

Why are people these days soooo weak!

Get out ASAP.
    put as much physical and emotional distance between you as possible.

these monday morning quarterbacks will be of little use to you if she turns out to be a nutjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I can't believe you're considering paying more rent. Do not hand over another penny or the keys until you get your deposit back. I wouldn't even budge until she has paid up, good luck to her trying to let a room she can't get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭Browney7

Just don't have any disagreements with her in the kitchen where weaponry may be easily on hand. She sounds like a piece of work

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭baldbear

Go down to the letting agency with a big cardboard sign saying you are owed your deposit. Shame them & don't make it easy for then. Plus tell them you have contacted Joe Duffy & there researher will be onto them for an interview. Who are the letting agency?

The mad girl will never give your deposit back by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

I'd move out, you're paying cheap rent but you cannot put a price on your safety, wellbeing and mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

baldbear wrote: »
    Go down to the letting agency with a big cardboard sign saying you are owed your deposit. Shame them & don't make it easy for then. Plus tell them you have contacted Joe Duffy & there researher will be onto them for an interview. Who are the letting agency?

The mad girl will never give your deposit back by the sounds of it.

This is a silly idea.
    He needs to keep them on his side, wont help him if they stop backing him up.

Keep on doing what you are doing, lock the door to the room don't give the key back or unlock the door until the deposit is returned. She wont be able to let the place out to anyone else and will therefore have to start paying more rent herself to cover it. She will eventually give in and just give it back. or else she will be kicked out.
    She sounds like a bloody psycho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Not leave until he gets it.
    Firstly, why should this compel her to pay it. Secondly, she could give the OP 24 hours to GTFO, and then involve the Gardai.
    Zander1983 wrote: »
    Should I keep paying rent? Can I stay while not paying rent and until my deposit is returned? Threshold are to ring me back about this
    If you do this, she can later state that you to stay the last month for free instead of paying back your deposit.

Threshold will give you non-legal advice, so take what they say with a bag of salt.
    Ok, I simply don’t get it. Someone has my deposit that isn’t entitled to it
    She's a woman, he's a man. Should he not do so carefully, she could call the Gardai and say that he is threatening her.
    Zander1983 wrote: »
    I spoke to the agency just now and they said this psychopath was in their office. They advised her to return my rent.
    Did you sign the tenancy agreement with them, or the housemate?

And if you signed it with them, did they instruct you to give the housemate the deposit? If yes, then IMO they are liable for said deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

the_syco wrote: »
    Firstly, why should this compel her to pay it. Secondly, she could give the OP 24 hours to GTFO, and then involve the Gardai.

If you do this, she can later state that you to stay the last month for free instead of paying back your deposit.

Threshold will give you non-legal advice, so take what they say with a bag of salt.

She's a woman, he's a man. Should he not do so carefully, she could call the Gardai and say that he is threatening her.

Did you sign the tenancy agreement with them, or the housemate?

And if you signed it with them, did they instruct you to give the housemate the deposit? If yes, then IMO they are liable for said deposit.

If there are no witnesses, I’d do whatever it took

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Quite an interesting web page with some horror stories I can definitely relate to. Its a good entertaining read.

By the way, I found a navy jumper outside my house the other day, it might be yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SoyBoy69

My blood pressure is off the scales after reading this thread. Was literally nodding my head when I read the suggestion to chite in her bed. I would totally drop a loaf in her personal space/ in one of her personal possessions on leaving.

Quite an interesting web page with some horror stories I can definitely relate to. Its a good entertaining read.

By the way, I found a navy jumper outside my house the other day, it might be yours?

Cheers m8 but mine was a luminous black.

Advertisement