Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next to impossible to get blank CDs these days?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Still using C60’s. Sorry OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I think I understand just one post here out of all that replied!!

It's like ye're all talking in a secret code. Or ye're high on something ye shouldn't be. Am lost as feic here! :o:o:D:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Steviesol wrote: »
    They are a new thing in parts of Kerry.

I came in here to say if OP can't get them, my business sells them...and yeah...guess where I am?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

lmimmfn wrote: »
    What year is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

https://powercity.ie/ sell Verbatim and Sony, as far as I can tell.

The brands like Sony, Verbatim, Maxell, JVC, bought batches in from manufacturers like Moser Baer (India) and Taiyo Yuden (Japan) and rebranded them with their own logos.

Sadly, Taiyo Yuden's blank media dept. is no more, they were the Rolls Royce of blank CD\DVD media, acquired by JVC, then closed.

The quality of brands like Moser Baer is umm.. questionable.

The likes of the 'Kodak' branded media sold in pound shops, has nothing to do with Kodak Gold media, available from the mid 1990s, up to the mid 2000s.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It wasn't that long ago you could get a 100 spindle Tesco own brand ones for about €15.

I'm seen five packs in Dealz recently.

If you can't find them and want to buy online you'd definitely get them on eBay. Or if you want to take a chance with cheaper ones Aliepress sells them. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?site=glo&ltype=wholesale&d=y&blanktest=0&origin=y&jump=afs&SearchText=cd-r&tc=af&page=4&initiative_id=SB_20180922084703&isViewCP=y

• Registered Users Posts: 46 madwidow

They didn't even have them in argos in Dublin. Do have to buy them online?

Got some few months ago in Argos Jervis
    Seen em lately in Dealz too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Resverathrole

Got some in Dealz just there. Five for €1.50. Though I wouldn't expect the quality to be too good if it's dealz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

.red. wrote: »

50 pack for €18.90 or a 25 pack for €7.90(both Verbatim CD-R) - why wouldn't you just buy two 25 packs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

What are people using them for now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

- Mix CDs.

- Back-ups for valuable CDs or discs from box sets that I want to play in the car but don't want to bring out with me.

- CDR copies of scratched CDs. Generally speaking a CD burner is more forgiving than a CD player so it's possible to "rescue" discs in this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

I have a 3.5 inch floppy if that helps at all.
    (Titter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

FFred wrote: »
    I have a 3.5 inch floppy if that helps at all.
    (Titter)

No, that's no good to anyone! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭monseiur

I've thousands in a shed from a time I worked in the software industry... I knew if I held onto them long enough :)
    Jaysus lad it would be safer under the mattress .......seeing that you don't trust the banks :D:P:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The superior sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

They didn't even have them in argos in Dublin. Do have to buy them online?

What can blank cds do that a usb key or drop box / google drive or an mp3 player can't? Genuinely curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

ToddyDoody wrote:
    What can blank cds do that a usb key or drop box / google drive or an mp3 player can't? Genuinely curious.

Play in a CD Player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Amalgam wrote: »
    https://powercity.ie/ sell Verbatim and Sony, as far as I can tell.

The brands like Sony, Verbatim, Maxell, JVC, bought batches in from manufacturers like Moser Baer (India) and Taiyo Yuden (Japan) and rebranded them with their own logos.

Sadly, Taiyo Yuden's blank media dept. is no more, they were the Rolls Royce of blank CD\DVD media, acquired by JVC, then closed.

The quality of brands like Moser Baer is umm.. questionable.

The likes of the 'Kodak' branded media sold in pound shops, has nothing to do with Kodak Gold media, available from the mid 1990s, up to the mid 2000s.

Power City is great for that kind of stuff, they sell all the blank CDs, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, even those mini tapes for video cameras! (D8?)

monseiur wrote: »
    Jaysus lad it would be safer under the mattress .......seeing that you don't trust the banks :D:P:rolleyes:

Re the emoji use...

You went full retard, man. Never go full retard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭monseiur

Re the emoji use...

You went full retard, man. Never go full retard

I do........... because I can.... :rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused::pac::D;):p:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    ToddyDoody wrote:

Play in a CD Player

I guess. You could also run this forum as a fax machine based correspondence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I think I understand just one post here out of all that replied!!

It's like ye're all talking in a secret code. Or ye're high on something ye shouldn't be. Am lost as feic here! :o:o:D:confused::confused:

It's only that way if you tear into it; you've got to upshank it and turn it around a few times first for it to get to the nozzle.

Billy86 wrote: »
    It's only that way if you tear into it; you've got to upshank it and turn it around a few times first for it to get to the nozzle.

The incremental flux capacitor running integrated rip nodes parallel to the helix sub routine is tad confusing to be fair.

The Dealz ones (signalex) weren't very good at all. I'm going to return them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

The Dealz ones (signalex) weren't very good at all. I'm going to return them.

Make sure you get your 1.50 back!!! :O

I'm going to return them.

Good luck finding a staff member in there.

Qrt wrote: »
    Good luck finding a staff member in there.
    I worked in Dealz before and have often allowed customers to return stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I guess. You could also run this forum as a fax machine based correspondence.

Some people still have CD players in their car you know

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Easons. Seen them in there yesterday

• Advertisement

I worked in Dealz before and have often allowed customers to return stuff.

Never said you hadn't. The Square is almost entirely self service, same with Henry Street.

Advertisement