Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caesaerian section effect on new born

Options
  • 14-09-2018 8:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

There has been postulations that Caesaerian sections can have a devastating effect on a new born infants microbiome, does it worth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Who was phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Only in months with a Y.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

Only in months with a Y.

y chromosome?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Helena Christiansen was worth "it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

y chromosome?

No, Y why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I was wondering why the frisbee was getting bigger… Then it hit me.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

No, Y why.

Gender-bending Transcaucasian mole voles you must be referring to

I was wondering why the frisbee was getting bigger… Then it hit me.

then you died , next

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

then you died , next

I was in heaven, wondering why the frisbee was getting bigger… Then it hit me.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

I was in heaven, wondering why the frisbee was getting bigger… Then it hit me.

should have gone to spec savers then got a microbiome inspection of the gut to live longer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What is the stars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

How is babby formed?

How is babby formed?

in the women

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

There has been postulations that Caesaerian sections can have a devastating effect on a new born infants microbiome, does it worth?
    It definitely worths.

Are they my feet?

It keeps the love tunnel tight.

so it gratifies

It definitely worths.

it is worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

it is worth?

No. Just let them all die.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bluewolf wrote: »
    What is the stars
    :D Daft though it might seem on the surface B, I have read stuff about this(I read the weirdest stuff). Very basically the theory is that because the baby isn't exposed to the biome in the birth canal* in the usual way, such babies have been found to have a smaller number of bacteria than babies born through the usual way and that this may affect future health. The latter is up for grabs though. Far more of an issue is early use of antibiotics in babies and toddlers. The effects there are well enough noted. IE if a baby has a course of antibiotics in their first year of life, they're near guaranteed to have allergies later on. Then again if antibiotics are in play in a properly clinical way, then potential hay fever is a better outcome than not making it past your first birthday.

*I didn't type "vagina", in case women out there considering this feel the same way as I would considering a kick in the male ovaries.. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

My First born came out hands first. I was allowed watch , midwife said oh oh hands shouldn't be first , so I moved and held her hand and told her she looked great all sweaty.

Second child was cesarean because hands first made a balls of it.I wasn't allowed watch and they put up a screen around her so I held her hand and told her they were writing their names on her belly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,869 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No, Y why.

Why?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've heard the term "too posh to push"...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

What wibbs said. It does have an effect on the gut health of babies apparently, anecdotally many section babies suffer with constipation.
    It can also effect the mothers milk and some mothers struggle to breastfeed after a section. Compounding the potential gut issues.

However it's often a life saving procedure. 14hrs of labour and I could hear the alarms monitoring heartbeat going off with every contraction. Turns out chord was around his neck so a section was required.

Although Ireland's numbers of sections are huge! way higher than they should be.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We had our one and only through Caesaerian. No antibiotics needed (so far). No allergies either (that I'm aware of).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I've heard the term "too posh to push"...

Which is hugely insulting to any woman who has had a section.

It's major surgery with all that entails, it's not the easy option by any means. In many cases it's the difference between a living mother and baby or dead ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

bluewolf wrote: »
    What is the stars

whole worl's in a terrible state o' chassis

eviltwin wrote: »
    Which is hugely insulting to any woman who has had a section.

It's major surgery with all that entails, it's not the easy option by any means. In many cases it's the difference between a living mother and baby or dead ones.

do you think some women are too posh, too push?

do you think some women are too posh, too push?

No I don't

What does that mean in practical terms? Do you think the maternity system is going to do unnecessary surgery on woman just because they don't want to push.

eviltwin wrote: »
    No I don't

What does that mean in practical terms? Do you think the maternity system is going to do unnecessary surgery on woman just because they don't want to push.

Victoria beckham and Brittany spears have been said to be, Ireland has a higher than the norm c section rate

• Advertisement

Victoria beckham and Brittany spears have been said to be, Ireland has a higher than the norm c section rate

The average Irish woman isn't a Victoria or Britney. We don't get to pick and choose our healthcare like that. Yes our rates are high but it's due to the way birth has become almost like a production line rather than treated holistically as it should. It's not because women are demanding sections.

Advertisement