Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Éireann city services

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

Mrs Bumble ....where in my post does it say pubs taking deliveries at night ?
    My point is deliveries must be made before 12am .
    As for the bus lane on foster street .
    I drive in that road on several occasions each day .
    It's constantly been blocked by cars .
    The buses can't use it as it is .
    Open your eyes when your in the city .
    Even today a business owner had their 4x4 parked up outside his premises.
    This 4x4 was parked up for over 3 hours .
    Did it receive a ticket ???
    No is the answer .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭McGiver

Mrs Bumble ....where in my post does it say pubs taking deliveries at night ? My point is deliveries must be made before 12am .
    Did you mean by noon i.e. 12pm then?

When I say 12 am I mean by 12 in the morning .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

No no you mean by 12 in the afternoon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Noon or midnight.. Just for some clarity.

Sweet Jesus .
    Some of the posters on this forum need to get a life .
    I'd say ye would be great crack in the pub .
    Billy no mates .
    Constantly correcting things .
    Craytures
    Stick to yer bikes lads .
    If ye had yer way , we would all still be on penny farthings .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Sweet Jesus .
    Some of the posters on this forum need to get a life .
    I'd say ye would be great crack in the pub .
    Billy no mates .
    Constantly correcting things .
    Craytures
    Stick to yer bikes lads .
    If ye had yer way , we would all still be on penny farthings .

Well bikes would solve the traffic problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Have all the BUs services from Eyre square just changed their last run outwards to 11.20 or did we have a bus driver leave early on the 409 route tonight?
    I'm being told that the 402 has changed its last departure time, but seems a bit counterproductive to go earlier for last bus when people are having to leave events early to get to the 11.30 departure. Would hope that development would be heading in the other direction, towards more accommodating last bus times.

There were at least 5 people standing at the Eyre square 409 stop from shortly after 11.20pm wondering where the bus had got to. Bus timetable said 11.30 but there was no bus to be seen. Hoping this is not something taht is going to be repeated with any frequency if this was a bus driver leaving early. That last bus is a crucial service for a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Was that a one off then? Last bus scheduled for 11.30 leaves by about 11.22, we'd just checked the time around then because the last 402 had passed us. & there were a number of people standing at the bus stop for the 409.
    & checking watches etc as 11.30 passed. Several of us wound up having to share a taxi back when we should have had a bus that was scheduled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭what_traffic

It is a good idea. One solution is Bus Gates.
    City Council should just install a BUS Gates on College Road on the East side of the City and a BUS Gate on Salmon Weir Bridge on the West side of the City.
    Would start with then been operational for certain periods of the day like 07h00 -> 10h00 and 15h00-> 19h00

https://connachttribune.ie/plans-for-radical-changes-to-galway-citys-traffic-flow-090/

"
    Mr Finn explained that in the new plan, vehicles would not be allowed to enter at one end of College Road and exit the other – there would be no ‘through traffic’. It would be for local access only and priority would be given to buses on this road.
    "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have stopped taking the BE service daily now. But I still do use the service maybe 2-4 times a week.

I have changed routes from the 405 -> the 401. The 401( old 403) was very bad in terms of quantity of services and seems to have improved a good bit in this, in the amount of services I see available. The times may not be 100% but at least the quantity seems to be there, which certainly makes up some bit. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra few mins than the scheduled time if a bus was guaranteed to come within the few minutes rather than just hoping that one arrives within an hour.

Is the 405 is still as bad as it was, especially at peak times?

Anyone have any other comments to add to other routes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,450 ✭✭✭McGiver

FitzShane wrote:
    I have changed routes from the 405 -> the 401. The 401( old 403) was very bad in terms of quantity of services and seems to have improved a good bit in this, in the amount of services I see available. The times may not be 100% but at least the quantity seems to be there, which certainly makes up some bit. I wouldn't mind waiting an extra few mins than the scheduled time if a bus was guaranteed to come within the few minutes rather than just hoping that one arrives within an hour.

Are you referring to the To or From town route? Or both of them?

McGiver wrote: »
    FitzShane wrote:

Are you referring to the To or From town route? Or both of them?
    Same issues in or out sure, it's a cross city route which at peak is never going to be reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,084 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Same issues in or out sure, it's a cross city route which at peak is never going to be reliable.

Going cross town has made the ex 403 more reliable. Used to be dreadful. Now manages to be quite consistent. Go figure.

It gained more services and it's a much less busy route to the one the 405 takes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ok, maybe I should take that back. In the last 2 days, j have seen the 401 blatantly ignore the Mervue turn off on the Parkmore -> Salthill route and just keep hearing towards the Huntsman.

Advertisement