Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a gaming mouse suggestion :)

Options
2»

Comments

OSI wrote: »
    Just make sure you know of the cable issues the G502 can have. Mines been kinked since day 1 and it can be a proper pita some times because of it.

Bungee solves all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'd be tempted to make a foray back into wireless. I'd be lying if I said I find the cable annoying at times and I don't know if I want a bungee cluttering the desk. Might treat myself for Xmas.

FWIW I've the G502 and I like it a lot. Having said that I find myself annoyed with the cable a bit from time to time.

Also, I think it's important as to what mouse mat you pair these things with. I used to use the hard logitech things and in the last year or so swapped out to a ginormous Steelseries QcK cloth mouse mat and I've never looked back. Absolutely worth the investment if you're serious enough about gaming to be worried about what mouse to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Don't get a Deathadder whatever you do. Barely in a year on mine and looking to get it returned under warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Might just jump in here but anyone recommend a good keyboard?

I was looking at the Logitech G613 when it was reduced on Amazon recently but it had gone back up in price by the time I made up my mind.

Any suggestions? Will be used for gaming and a good bit of data entry (NUM pad essential).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

TitianGerm wrote: »

I was looking at the Logitech G613 when it was reduced on Amazon recently but it had gone back up in price by the time I made up my mind.

Any suggestions? Will be used for gaming and a good bit of data entry (NUM pad essential).
    The Rocket Jump Ninja site I linked above has a section on keyboards which may be worth checking out. Eurogamer also did a round-up of mechanical keyboards recently which hit most of the usual recommendations.

Personally, I have a Filco Majestouch 2 at home and a Corsair K65 in work. Would happily recommend either based on your use case, although the K95 is the full sized variant of the Corsair family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum has served me well for a good while now. Really nice keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm using a HyperX Alloy FPS. Nice keyboard, cherry reds but no RGB on it so it ain't for everybody.

Cheers lads. Was looking to spend €100 max and ideally I'd like backlit keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Avoid Corsair, their keyboards have known quality issues (just google it).
    Get a Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro (M or L) instead.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Avoid Corsair, their keyboards have known quality issues (just google it).
    Get a Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro (M or L) instead.

Thanks Kiki will check them out later this evening.

• Advertisement

Don't get this 'Corsair keyboards are rubbish' thing. I've had a K65 for years and have not have one single problem. Best keyboard i've ever owned. And the Coolermaster software is terrible btw.

Don't get this 'Corsair keyboards are rubbish' thing. I've had a K65 for years and have not have one single problem. Best keyboard i've ever owned. And the Coolermaster software is terrible btw.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7ek41b/why_are_corsair_keyboards_hated_on_this_subreddit/

Among other user reports. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I went from a Logitech MX518 to a Corsair M65
    Have to say took a bit of getting used to, but love it and would never go back. Each to their own on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

From looking around, most of the ill-will seems to have been generated by the older K70 series of keyboards?

The price point is a valid complaint though, for what the likes of the K95 goes for, if you don't care about all the extra media keys and the more gamer-orientated lighting options, I don't know why you wouldn't go for a Filco or DAS model. The Filco alone can double as a home protection device given the heft of the bloody thing.

One thing I will say about it though, I can definitely see the benefit of laser etched keys, over the years a couple of my keycaps have begun to fade a bit so I can definitely see them needing to be replaced before the keyboard itself gives out.

I've a set of Double shot keykaps on my Rapidfire. Feels great compared to the stock set.

Any thoughts on MSI keyboards? The GX-701 is reduced to £50 on CCL at the minute.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got a CMStorm/Coolermaster Quickfire TK with brown switches which I'm very happy with. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Any thoughts on MSI keyboards? The GX-701 is reduced to £50 on CCL at the minute.

I can't comment on their keyboards as I prefer Corsair K70's but the MSI software for controlling lighting effects is an awful clunky mess.

As for the issue's Kiki mentioned regarding Corsair keyboards, having used one for almost 3 years and seen a crazy amount of keyboard reviews, the Corsair's are overall score very good but are very overpriced just like most PC brands. The negative comments in that link are more about the cost and key layout than any design fault issue. Razer keyboards, on the other hand, have a crazy amount of bad feedback regarding build quality on most PC hardware forums and this is coming from someone who is a fan of Razer mice.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    I've got a CMStorm/Coolermaster Quickfire TK with brown switches which I'm very happy with. Would definitely recommend it to anyone.

CM Quick Fire is discontinued though; it was replaced by the MasterKeys.

Per CM rep:
    Updated lighting features, SDK support, Micro USB, MasterKeys Color scheme, & most important: Standard Bottom Row

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Corsair strafe rgb silent here. No particular issues. Wanted the logitech equivalent but it wasn't supplied with the wrist rest so I just went with this. Can't say I've regretted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wibago

Hey guys, In preparation for Diablo 4, I need to get a new mouse. Does anyone have a recommendation of a good mouse for Diablo 4? I know it involves a lot of clicking.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im using the logitech Pro X Superlight, its a performance mouse not that my ageing reflexes need that but its the best mouse ive ever used

Battery last 3-4 weeks of heavy use 6+ weeks light use.

G502 etc feel light playing with a brick in your hand after using this or other similar mice, il never go back.

I cant believe im saying this for someone who is playing arpg games like diablo 4 25+ years with mouse and keyboard it actually plays brilliantly on a controller.

Movement in particular is far superior although aiming is not perfect so it depends on what build your playing with your class for example for season 1 im playing necromancer, for bone spear build i run with the mouse for better aim for targeting elite mobs etc but for other builds the controller is superb and super comfy.

Advertisement