Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a gaming mouse suggestion :)

Options
  • 12-09-2018 6:00pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys and gals

Unfortunately, the mouse I use for gaming has died. It was a Steel Series World of Warcraft: Cataclysm mouse that was an Xmas present a few years back, and it was great. Buttons but not too many, but mainly it was a lovely chunky mouse. It felt really solid.

My brother has let me use his Razer Naga Chroma MMO mouse, but if I'm honest, it feels so dainty compared to my older one, and has way too many buttons on it.

So I'm in search of suggestions for a new gaming mouse. I tend to play MMOs rather than shooters, and while I'd like a few buttons on it, I don't need 100 of them.

Price range is preferably round the €50 mark, but I can stretch a bit more if necessary. I can't stretch to the €140 it would cost to just rebuy the old mouse I had.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Rocket Jump Ninja has some of the best guides I've seen for gaming-orientated peripherals, so I'd start there for a general overview.

Personally I use Deathadders both at home and in work and would swear by them for my particular usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

There ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Im using the Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum. Its awesome. Highly recommend it.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

G502. 11 programmable buttons. Great mouse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Seconded for RJN. I used a Logitech G403. It's simply wonderful.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've the G502 and it's absolutely brilliant. Best mouse i've ever had.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Another recommendation for the G502 here.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Razer deathadder chroma

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

G502. 11 programmable buttons. Great mouse.
    Kiith wrote: »
    I've the G502 and it's absolutely brilliant. Best mouse i've ever had.
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Another recommendation for the G502 here.

Oooh, really like the looks of that one. Gonna do a bit more research but looks like the winner. Thanks guys :)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Oooh, really like the looks of that one. Gonna do a bit more research but looks like the winner. Thanks guys :)

There's a new model of it up for preorder with the new HERO sensor and better cable so the older model might get a discount in a few weeks if you can hold on a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The final mouse, nothing ive used comes close and ive used all the above mentioned apart from the razor.
    The G502 would be my second choice.
    The Final Mouse was like going from a 60hz to 144hz panel for me,incredible performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

G502 is heavy (121-168g)

Check out G403/G703 & G305 reviews.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    G502 is heavy (121-168g)

Check out G403/G703 & G305 reviews.

The weight is perfect for me. I have a G203 in work and it's way too light for me for gaming. The G502 fit's my hand perfectly out of any mice i tried. The only thing that i'm not mad about is the scroll wheel but you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

G502 is the best and possibly coolest looking mouse I've ever owned. Logitech just know how to make good mice, got it on sale on Amazon for 31€ absolute steal

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

G502 +1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

G502 + another 1

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

G502 should be stickied, twice this year it has won :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

G403 here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

G502 +1

• Registered Users Posts: 27,813 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

G502 is the best in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Yeah +1 on the g502 I got it recently based on what people here said don't regret it. Replaced my old g700s. You can add weights if it's too light also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

+1 for G502

Logitech make the best gaming peripherals, by far

The weight is perfect for me. I have a G203 in work and it's way too light for me for gaming. The G502 fit's my hand perfectly out of any mice i tried. The only thing that i'm not mad about is the scroll wheel but you get used to it.

I've a G305 on the way because G403 still feels heavy for flick shots.
    In FPS gaming, lighter is generally recommended.

e.g. RocketJumpNinja doesn't even list the G502 in his Top 40 anymore.
    And among pro Overwatch players, only 3 of 178 still use a G502.
    *edit*: CS:GO: 1 of 270

I don't see the big deal about that chap at all. He only seems to play Quake which is not what most gamer's want to know about different mouse performance.

I don't see the big deal about that chap at all. He only seems to play Quake which is not what most gamer's want to know about different mouse performance.

RJN plays Overwatch, too.
    And Quake is a great way to test mice, since it has all 3 gun styles (hitscan, tracking & projectile).

For me it's how comfortable the mouse is in the hand that's most important. Most high end mice have very similar sensor's so in that respect they all are very close performance wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm not questioning RJN but I notice his #1 is a wireless mouse ..... now I know I'm old so there is no need to bring that up ....but when did a wireless mouse become a thing for FPS ?

jonski wrote: »
    I'm not questioning RJN but I notice his #1 is a wireless mouse ..... now I know I'm old so there is no need to bring that up ....but when did a wireless mouse become a thing for FPS ?

Most high end one's have a 1ms response time which is the same as high end wired mice.

• Advertisement

jonski wrote: »

Have a G403 wireless (as above), awaiting a G305 wireless.
    Once you go wireless the lack of cable drag is noticeable within seconds.

Logitech's new HERO sensor (used in G Pro, G Pro wireless, G305 & G603) is essentially a clone of the PWM3366 (top sensor) but with vastly improved battery life.

Advertisement