Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidental Landlord - tenant has over stayed

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Busterie wrote: »
    Correct sell it . The RTB are blatantly anti landlord. If not rent it privately Threshold are now encouraging their clients to make false compo claims.

Proof please? I know Threshold well and they do not do this, or tell renters ( who are not clients btw as there are no charges) to overhold . Nor are RTB anti landlord; they are pro law ... it is the other way round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Graces7 wrote: »
    Proof please? I know Threshold well and they do not do this, or tell renters ( who are not clients btw as there are no charges) to overhold . Nor are RTB anti landlord; they are pro law ... it is the other way round!

You're talking nonsense. Once I have my properties back in my possession I will share my experience of dealing with threshold and the tactics employed by them at the RTB.

To suggest the RTB is not pro tenant is laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭rightmove

Any update on how all this went?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

This thread still stands out in my memory any time I hear of landlord difficulties. Would love to know how the story ended...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

CPTM wrote: »
    This thread still stands out in my memory any time I hear of landlord difficulties. Would love to know how the story ended...

What makes you think it has ended?

• Advertisement

What makes you think it has ended?

I suppose the passage of so much time - but you're right, it could still be ongoing. It would definitely be worthy of media attention if it's still ongoing though.

I suppose the passage of so much time - but you're right, it could still be ongoing. It would definitely be worthy of media attention if it's still ongoing though.

By the standards of some cases, it has only started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

CPTM wrote:

This is a regular occurance so hardly newsworthy doesnt fit the agenda of the landlord bashing brigade either.

By the standards of some cases, it has only started.

I thought the max amount of time this can happen is 2 years? After that the tenant can be physically removed no?

Edit - or locks changed *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I thought the max amount of time this can happen is 2 years? After that the tenant can be physically removed no?

Edit - or locks changed *

I'm curious where you got that. Can you link to your source or did you just make it up.

• Advertisement

beauf wrote: »
    I'm curious where you got that. Can you link to your source or did you just make it up.

You want me to source something I myself am questioning.. Best of luck with that! Fair enough if I were debating or advising someone, not when I'm asking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I just asking why you think its 2yrs. So its just a guess on your part?

https://www.galwaydaily.com/legal-advice/dealing-with-a-rogue-tenant/

Takes as long as the legal process takes. Which is how long is a piece of string...

You want me to source something I myself am questioning.. Best of luck with that! Fair enough if I were debating or advising someone, not when I'm asking!
    saying that you thought it was 2 years gives the impression that you had some knowledge of the matter and had come across the figure of 2 years at some point. If you are seeking information it would be more logical to say "is there any maximum time limit"very on how long the procedure can take.

Ok well I don't know where I read it, but I didn't just pluck a number out of the sky and 'guess' like a moron. It's perfectly reasonable for a person to have something in the back of their mind, a distant bell ringing, that they question with someone during a chat about something. What's also normal is for someone else to respond with "No actually, if you check out this link you can see XYZ", instead of whatever's going on here. Thanks for clarifying anyways.

Ok well I don't know where I read it, but I didn't just pluck a number out of the sky and 'guess' like a moron. It's perfectly reasonable for a person to have something in the back of their mind, a distant bell ringing, that they question with someone during a chat about something. What's also normal is for someone else to respond with "No actually, if you check out this link you can see XYZ", instead of whatever's going on here. Thanks for clarifying anyways.

This is a legal discussion. The assumption is that when someone mentions a figure, they can say where it comes from so other people can check it.

Wish I hadn't revived the thread. Hope you get/got sorted OP. Unfollowed.

Advertisement