Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flu-like virus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hmm. Something has me half-wrecked, off-form and not firing properly on all eight the last week or ten days. Not like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Any tips for the throat? I've tried hacks and stuff but no dice. Can deal with the stuffed up head but my throat feels raw at this stage

Once that sets in its hard to shift. There's a spray over the counter at the chemist and then just paracetamol. Gargle tcp if you want no more kisses ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Any tips for the throat? I've tried hacks and stuff but no dice. Can deal with the stuffed up head but my throat feels raw at this stage

Benilyn for Flu was the only man for me. My throat actually felt congested, like there was a lump in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

You're all a bunch of wimps. There's no such thing as the flu.

And "Monkeypox" me bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

You're all a bunch of wimps. There's no such thing as the flu.

And "Monkeypox" me bollix.

But but but..... me snozzler is raw from the expulsion of copious amounts of whatever the hell the gunk coming out of it is.

I'm coughing up enough crap to paint a green feature wall and my head feels like there are two bricks attached.

I can deal with all that but the lethargic feeling is a killer. Worst dose I've ever had.

I'm a crap patient anyway, maybe even a wimp like you said but this batch of whatever it is is a new test for the immune system.

Doctor told me I'm not going to die, I remain unconvinced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm finally starting to come around after 14 days. If it wasn't for the aussie flu at Christmas I'd say this was the worst dose I've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Add me to this list. Started out with general aches and pains a few days ago. Then an excruciating sore throat. Then sneezing and spluttering all over the place. Knife like pains in the ears during the night and pains in my jaws this morning. Sneezing started again by lunch , legs went weak this evening. It's all dripping in to my throat. I bet I'll be coughing before the nights out. Pains all over. Appetite is gone and fluids just hurt my throat.

Day 8 of this baztarsing dose.

More pep in my step today though. Appetite is better. Still feel like spiders with glass legs are running around behind my tonsils.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Dammit I must have caught it in here coz not heard anyone else in KL complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Moderate break through today, less coughing and the phlegm fest seems to be over.
    Head is still store and I have that feeling like a nose bleed is coming.

Hope everyone is feeling a little bit better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Got a dose last week that would knock a good size donkey.out of the blue with no warning felt as weak as a cat.2 hours later was puking for Ireland and shivering like a dog having a sh1te.
    Nothing in the downtown push down department just puking.spent the night puking until there was no more left.
    All I had to eat for a day and a half was dioralyte and paracetamol.twas some dose and a right sneaky one.no warning at all.

This is my gf today, came out of nowhere.

Day 9. Feeling better still. The odd overwhelming desire to cough but nothing has come up since this morning. Still feel a bit dazed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've had a really sore throat the last few days, but nothing like a flu.

McCabes pharmacy has this season's flu vaccinations in from this week, I can't get mine fast enough.

Reporting in 13 days after infection. I'm 99% back on track. No coughing until at least an hour after I got up. Otherwise I feel pretty ok. I reckon I'll be 100% by tomorrow, unless I get licked on the eyeball by a monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I think i picked up a secondary inner ear infection, the dizziness and vertigo has been cruel for the last few days

Advertisement