Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flu-like virus

Options
  • 12-09-2018 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Anyone else got this virus that's going around? I'm on day 13 of it and still feel rotten. Not quite as bad as the flu at Christmas but it's relentless.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Had it a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly thought I was going to drown from the post nasal drip. Spent one day coughing so badly that I hurt my back and couldnt get my breath sometimes.

Lasted me about a week, maybe a bit longer but I wasnt too bad on the lead into it and was still able for the gym etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Ack jaysis, reading this I can feel something coming on!

Be bedridden with the manflu by the weekend.

Say it's the change in weather / kids going back to school (aka the petri dish).

Better stock up on a few bottles of Jameson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

....... wrote: »
    Had it a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly thought I was going to drown from the post nasal drip. Spent one day coughing so badly that I hurt my back and couldnt get my breath sometimes.

Lasted me about a week, maybe a bit longer but I wasnt too bad on the lead into it and was still able for the gym etc..

I had no cough /runny nose. Just fever, aches, sweats, chills etc

xxyyzz wrote: »

Are they multiplyin', or electrifyin'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I started off on a Saturday night with an itchy throat and progressed with that plus aches, pains and chills for the next few days.

It "broke" on the Wednesday and I was shedding virus load all around me like a mad thing, coughing, sneezing, post nasal dripping etc..

Peak mucus on the Thursday along with such an amount of congestion that I couldnt breathe lying down and was getting spasms of coughing that burned in
    my chest and then it all started easing off on the Friday and continued to ease off over the next few days til I was back to normal the following week sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Sending prayer hands emoji's

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Anyone else got this virus that's going around? I'm on day 13 of it and still feel rotten. Not quite as bad as the flu at Christmas but it's relentless.

Lots of different strains of the flu. It's probably the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

....... wrote: »
    I started off on a Saturday night with an itchy throat and progressed with that plus aches, pains and chills for the next few days.

It "broke" on the Wednesday and I was shedding virus load all around me like a mad thing, coughing, sneezing, post nasal dripping etc..

Peak mucus on the Thursday along with such an amount of congestion that I couldnt breathe lying down and was getting spasms of coughing that burned in
    my chest and then it all started easing off on the Friday and continued to ease off over the next few days til I was back to normal the following week sometime.

This!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I've had a sore throat the last few days. It better not be ye diseasing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Sore throat Monday and yesterday which was replaced by a properly blocked nose since this morning.

God only knows what tomorrow will bring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,240 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Just spanish flu celebrating 100years.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

bluewolf wrote: »
    I've had a sore throat the last few days. It better not be ye diseasing me

I've had the same. Getting worried now reading all the posts on here

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A soon as the schools go back the illnesses start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Have a **** and a few pints. You'll be grand.

A terminal case of complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Definitely Monkeypox.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1016664/Monkeypox-what-is-Monkeypox-what-are-the-symptoms-of-Monkeypox
    What are the symptoms of Monkeypox?

Monkeypox symptoms mirror those of smallpox, and see people break out in blisters or pustules which erupt on the skin.

Initially, symptoms tend to mimic the flu, and people will come down with a fever.

From there, muscle aches, back aches, headaches and stolen lymph nodes are all hallmarks of a Monkeypox infection, along with chills and exhaustion.

Identifying signs of a Monkeypox infection include a rash, which traditionally starts on the face before spreading throughout the rest of the body.

Initially soft and tender, the pustules that come from Monkeypox later scab and fall off completely.

AKA The Creamy Head recovery method.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I'm only just coming out the other side of something very flu-like, but as you said, not quite as intense. Felt like a dragged out version of it! I still have a fairly bad cough and my voice is off, and I got it Saturday the 1st ffs. Seems to spread pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Throat itchy. Nose alternating between a combination of stuffed and free flowing with no happy medium. Permanent heady feeling, not a headache but not normal and so lethargic. The sneezing fits started today, felt awful on the Dart, was packed and I was standing there like a virus ridden person eager to share.

Am I the only bloke where the flu completely kills libido?. The will is there but all there is to nurse is a withering mushroom. Only part of my body rejecting a kleenex right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Its all your own fault for not liking and sharing the picture on Facebook!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A soon as the schools go back the illnesses start
    and the nits. Don't forget the nits....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Throat itchy. Nose alternating between a combination of stuffed and free flowing with no happy medium. Permanent heady feeling, not a headache but not normal and so lethargic. The sneezing fits started today, felt awful on the Dart, was packed and I was standing there like a virus ridden person eager to share.

I have all of these symptoms. I'm on day 3 now. Thought I was getting better but the sniffles and dry lips have kicked in.
    Am I the only bloke where the flu completely kills libido?. The will is there but all there is to nurse is a withering mushroom. Only part of my body rejecting a kleenex right now.

The beor was all in the mood the other day and I wanted to because it's rare she initiates it.... but I just couldn't be arsed. I felt like absolute crap and my danger noodle didn't resemble a danger noodle so much as it resembled a frightened shrew.

I hope this bastard flu passes soon. I've a Vicks inhaler and a hot whiskey next to me trying to fight it off.

I have all of these symptoms. I'm on day 3 now. Thought I was getting better but the sniffles and dry lips have kicked in.

I can report that a szechuan with extra chilli provides far better relief (albeit temporary) than anything over the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭Archeron

For every like on this post, Bill Clinton will donate five euros to finding a cure for monkey pox.

Archeron wrote: »
    For every like on this post, Bill Clinton will donate five euros to finding a cure for monkey pox.

We're all too busy feeling sorry for ourselves than to entertain thanks whores.

If only you had said Mickey D or were campaigning for "forever homes"....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Canard wrote: »
    I'm only just coming out the other side of something very flu-like, but as you said, not quite as intense. Felt like a dragged out version of it! I still have a fairly bad cough and my voice is off, and I got it Saturday the 1st ffs. Seems to spread pretty easily.

It's some dose, some days you think you're getting better and the next you're curled up in the foetal position. It's the hope that kills you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Got a dose last week that would knock a good size donkey.out of the blue with no warning felt as weak as a cat.2 hours later was puking for Ireland and shivering like a dog having a sh1te.
    Nothing in the downtown push down department just puking.spent the night puking until there was no more left.
    All I had to eat for a day and a half was dioralyte and paracetamol.twas some dose and a right sneaky one.no warning at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I'm 6 days into this fecking dose. I'm about 80% back to normal but I'm only gaining something like 5% back a day. Still sniffling, and a bit of a rattly cough in the morning. Head space is in a bit of a daze. Lemsips!

I'm 6 days into this fecking dose. I'm about 80% back to normal but I'm only gaining something like 5% back a day. Still sniffling, and a bit of a rattly cough in the morning. Head space is in a bit of a daze. Lemsips!

Any tips for the throat? I've tried hacks and stuff but no dice. Can deal with the stuffed up head but my throat feels raw at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sounds horrific.. given my immune system is down will cover face tomorrow.... my boss keeps telling me to wear a mask.. OK boss!

Advertisement