Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene II - The Unmaker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

As the fight begins Karinth swings his sword, but suddenly stops and begins to molt and grow.

The others blast, slice and kick. However Ursula's shielding deflects most attacks, very little lands on Ursula herself, save some scratches and bruises. However as the fight wears on Iuric hammers her shield in with the mighty Durandal, fissures forming along its surface.

She quickly stops attacking to rebuild the shield, but before she can after another flurry of attacks, Sarric cracks open a gap exposing Ursula herself.

"STOP!" she shouts.

"If I am pushed further I will kill you all and possibly all of you me. I will leave with my plane, detached from the main plane. Just let me take Othegre, Retula Eternal and Vrakrash, they are all I need. I don't even need mortal Retula"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'I. AM. NO-ONES. SLAVE!!!'

Vrakrash turns to the others.

'Do not listen to her, she lies. Let us finish her, she is weakening!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"I demand ham sandwhiches and tea for these negotiations!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Evade

"Sounds like the last cries of a dying being to my ears"

sKeith wrote: »
    "I demand ham sandwhiches and tea for these negotiations!"
    "What!" Ursula shouts.

"Do you not comprehend the import of this? I am a nascent god..."

She stares in shock at Sarric knowing this has little effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »

"If I am pushed further I will kill you all and possibly all of you me. I will leave with my plane, detached from the main plane. Just let me take Othegre, Retula Eternal and Vrakrash, they are all I need. I don't even need mortal Retula"

"Way to make a girl feel wanted. Give me Cóllhugs soul. That's all I came for."

Evade wrote: »
    "Sounds like the last cries of a dying being to my ears"
    Karinth emerges fully formed. Massive wings and blood magics whirling about his mouth.

"I AGREE PALADIN"

Banjo wrote: »
    "Way to make a girl feel wanted. Give me Cóllhugs soul. That's all I came for."
    "Done"

She stares hopefully.

"Done"

She stares hopefully.

"heh, you give her souls, but cannot provide good tucker for negotations, you'll never be a god, you'll be scourned and laughed at by real gods for you pathetic attempt. You can't cheat your way to godhood."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

'You can have Mother's soul AFTER we kill this witch, Rettie. Look at her there, mewling like a fool and bargaining for her life. She knows we will win.

God? You're a fraud, Ursula.'

• Advertisement

She turns to Hetyaro
    "So.... we're done?"

Dear diary : Cóllhug, the shadow's true form.

...because I commanded her to her death. With that kind of CR i presume I can now take on a warform? Pleeeeease?

"Or do I also have to destroy the tower, h?

No takebacksies!"

She releases Citra's soul to Retula.

Retula can feel the dragon's rage, confused and betrayed.

OOC: All who wish to attack init

Seeing that all are attacking her, Ursula releases the stability spells on the nearby Sun, causing it go explode. The shockwave should reach them in minutes.

"I die, you die" she says, laughing like a lunatic.

Seeing that all are attacking her, Ursula releases the stability spells on the nearby Sun, causing it go explode. The shockwave should reach them in minutes.

"I die, you die" she says, laughing like a lunatic.

Vrakrash laughs.

'I've already killed Flagg - do you really think I give two flying dragon turds about dying?'

"Teleport me out of this tower and I shall not attack you, what says you."

Just as she ignites the sun, Ursula turns to see Iuric descend on her with the force of a demigod shattering her shield. She quickly erects another, closer to her skin of purple colour. The opening allows Karinth to curse her blood, steaming ichor falling from his lips, sickening her. she doesn't have the strength to block the incoming blast from Retula, which knocks her toward God Retula. Weakened, the immortal form of Retula grasps her with its titanic hands and holds her in place.

The group continue to batter her, until Sarric flies forward and delivers a blow to the skill, his ki burning into her body, robbing it of what little vitality remains.

She cannot move as the blood curse and ki disruption cause her to blood from the mouth. She tries to silently mouth the words to erect another shield as she sees Iuric run at her through blurred vision.

He leaps into the air, the symbol on his chest glowing brightly, Durandal's flames eurpt covering him in fire, an avatar of Mesharum

YZ7uL7.png

She smiles weakly.

"I guess I did break all the rules of law and order...fair enough Mesharum"

The last thing she hears is Iuric say...

The last thing she hears is Iuric say...
    "IT. IS. DONE."

Evade wrote: »
    "IT. IS. DONE."
    "next time, remember to bring sambos"

A shockwave erupts from the impact site as Ursula's magic is released back into the universal weave. Iuric falls back onto the ground, but remains in his divine form.

The others brace themselves as the blast washes over them.

"IT IS DONE INDEED!" Karinth roars, lifting Sarric into the air "VAE VICTUS!"

He kicks Ursula's cropse into the void.

"Alas poor Ursula, none of us knew her and none of us cared.

Now, how do we escape?"

• Advertisement

Karinth flies up and unbinds Othegre.

"My lady are you alright?"

Retula starts trying to open her god self's cage.

"I have this" Iuric holds up the time travel scroll "It should allow us to travel frorward in time to avoid the sun, after that..." Iuric shrugs slightly

Karinth flies up and unbinds Othegre.

"My lady are you alright?"

"Never mind me!" She shouts, holding her head and nodding towards a rock on the floor with some twine on it. "Help Dwayne!"

Retula starts trying to open her god self's cage.
    The cage comes free easily without Ursula's interference.

The Queen speaks.

"You have done well Retula, the terms of your pact are fulfilled"

The holy essence flows into Retula as she becomes fully divine. A new death god.

'All this sandwich talk is making me hungry. Let's blow this joint before it... ahem... blows us.'

"Never mind me!" She shouts, holding her head and nodding towards a rock on the floor with some twine on it. "Help Dwayne!"
    "Master Dwayne, that twisted hag held you captive, what did she do to you?"

"................." says Dwayne

"Your silence says it all my lord, I shall not press you further"

Karinth carries them both down.

"I don't mind this rock to be my final resting place, I'd like to fufil my promise to my god dreamy mc dreamistine and to rebuild his temple in his honor, but if this is to be my last act, then i dont mind, it's been good, thank you all." Sarric sits and mediates, awaiting the arrival of the supernova.

Necrominus wrote: »
    'All this sandwich talk is making me hungry. Let's blow this joint before it... ahem... blows us.'
    Ser Boros laughs.

"Yes, let none of us be blown.

Well I am but a knight, I will let the gods and megabeings converse"

• Advertisement

The cage comes free easily without Ursula's interference.

The Queen speaks.

"You have done well Retula, the terms of your pact are fulfilled"

The holy essence flows into Retula as she becomes fully divine. A new death god.

"My thanks, milady!" She declares to the ether.

"You're sticking around though, H, right? I mean... You know you can't trust me with a can opener, let alone...

Oh yeah - supernova. Well.... I mean.... If it hits us, that's good for business.... Right, guys?"

Advertisement