Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Weekend - 15th Sept Leopardstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Johner wrote: »
    Roaring Lion winning all these Group 1's is very underwhelming. Don't think he's top class at all.

i think he quickened up really smartly when murphy gave him a smack

lovely horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Unfortunately i didnt make it to Leopardstown. Which was disappointing as i haven't missed the champion stakes for a good number of years. I did miss a fair bit of the action but caught most of it on replays.
    My takeaways from the Saturday weren't to enlightening. Its hard not to like Roaring Lion he is such a trier. He knuckled down well. The race and trip(from stall 8) wasnt ideal for him and the Ballydoyle battalion got their tactics absolutely spot on. So that was even more impressive for him to come out on top against a perfectly run plan(imo). There is a small bit of gloss taken off it with Saxon Warriors injury and its disappointing that that is the last time we will see him.
    But Roaring Lion is a class horse and no doubt the best 3yo colt on the go.

I dont really have much views on the other races disappointing for Alpha Centauri. But what a tough filly Laurens is and good to hear she will be back next year.
    Fantastic for Kevin Prendergast to have another nice horse on his hands at 86 odd years.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Ger Lyons was very critical of the ground on his blog post here: https://gerlyons.ie/blog/longines-irish-champions-weekend-2018-curragh

Whatever about the ground being quick (more difficult to judge watering volume given uncertain forecasts) there is no excuse for inadequate grass cover. Doesn't reflect at all well on Leopardstown given two of the best 3yos sustained career-ending injuries.

Advertisement