Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serena's meltdown

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Fingers crossed she doesn't.

Yeah it would be great if she failed to hit the 25 grand slam titles. She'd just spend her retirement saying the tennis game is racist and sexist

• Registered Users Posts: 20,659 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I was listening to the News Quiz on BBC Radio 4 on Friday. It was noticeable that there was no audience applause for the panel, who put all the blame on the umpire. It's a lighthearted show, but as we all know there are no right wing or anti PC comedians.

But I think even their audience was stunned into silence by the complete lack of any criticism of Williams. Starts around 15 min 30 if anyone is interested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/b0bh8vpj

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I was listening to the News Quiz on BBC Radio 4 on Friday. It was noticeable that there was no audience applause for the panel, who put all the blame on the umpire. It's a lighthearted show, but as we all know there are no right wing or anti PC comedians.

But I think even their audience was stunned into silence by the complete lack of any criticism of Williams. Starts around 15 min 30 if anyone is interested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/play/b0bh8vpj

Most of them knew Williams was acting an entitled crap but calling it out can damage the career.

That would be a heresy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

I'm reading the recent tiger woods book which doesn't exactly present him in a particularly pleasant light. I wouldn't be surprised if a similar book comes out about Serena in time based on recent events.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

That umpire gave Cilic a warning over the weekend, the misandric sexist pig.

Cilic should have thrown a hissy fit, smashed his racket, and then said he was doing it for mens rights, and all the fathers out there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

tritium wrote: »
    Well, the precedent from the Fognini incident would have been to remove her from the tournament and heavily fine her. [...]

I guess it would have been sexist to treat her equally to a man though..,,,,

That's a precedent and treating her "equally" if you think what she said to the ump is equivalent to "troia" and "bocchinara". (You'll have to google, I think in translation even in AH those would be unparliamentary language on b.ie.)

You could argue that either way, I imagine, depending whether you construe according to general abusiveness and the prejudicial nature of the insults, or to impugning professional competence and integrity.

Advertisement