Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi mi a2 lite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi. Ordered the 3/32 gb version of this phone on Amazon as a Christmas present on the Black Friday deal. Got an email to say there was a delivery delay, then Tonight one to say it was being returned to Amazon and I would get a refund. I don't believe any delivery attempt was made. Before I contact Amazon, anyone know how these things usually go and what are my options now?

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi. Ordered the 3/32 gb version of this phone on Amazon as a Christmas present on the Black Friday deal. Got an email to say there was a delivery delay, then Tonight one to say it was being returned to Amazon and I would get a refund. I don't believe any delivery attempt was made. Before I contact Amazon, anyone know how these things usually go and what are my options now?

don't know - they might just give you something like a free month of amazon prime - that's about it I would say.

you "should" get it for the same price if you ordered right now from eglobal (usually max 10 days but the way christmas falls could be risky)

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-3gb-32gb-dual-sim-black.html

else honorbuy for a more expensive price but 2/3 day delivery

I was also buying one as a gift on that day and used amazon as thought that it would be quicker but only got it yesterday. I'm guessing that they got too many orders and have run out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Hoboo

donegal. wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a wallet case?

Picked up this one, actually going to buy a spare. Very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DUX-DUCIS-Premium-Kickstand-Shockproof/dp/B07FNG2WCV

glasso wrote: »
    don't know - they might just give you something like a free month of amazon prime - that's about it I would say.

you "should" get it for the same price if you ordered right now from eglobal (usually max 10 days but the way christmas falls could be risky)

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-3gb-32gb-dual-sim-black.html

else honorbuy for a more expensive price but 2/3 day delivery

I was also buying one as a gift on that day and used amazon as thought that it would be quicker but only got it yesterday. I'm guessing that they got too many orders and have run out of stock

It's for my wife for Christmas, but she would get over not getting it ASAP. I will try Amazon. Thing is I bought a cover and screen protector from them too and got them. Bit like a garage giving me the mud flaps and feck you when it comes to the car I bought.

Now what your saying sounds right to me. I also reckon they had no stock, but gave a tracking number and are now blaming the courier. When it seems it never made it past label print. I'd say they have stock but not willing to part with it at the lower price.

I guess I will be all nicey nicey with them to see if I can hit on their Christmas spirit.

It's for my wife for Christmas, but she would get over not getting it ASAP. I will try Amazon. Thing is I bought a cover and screen protector from them too and got them. Bit like a garage giving me the mud flaps and feck you when it comes to the car I bought.

Now what your saying sounds right to me. I also reckon they had no stock, but gave a tracking number and are now blaming the courier. When it seems it never made it past label print. I'd say they have stock but not willing to part with it at the lower price.

I guess I will be all nicey nicey with them to see if I can hit on their Christmas spirit.

let us know how you get on and if they give you anything.

for whatever reason Amazon deliveries have been a balls up this year - most things that I ordered were delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Blueandgold88

let us know how you get on and if they give you anything.

for whatever reason Amazon deliveries have been a balls up this year - most things that I ordered were delayed.

Same thing happened me this morning and i contacted chat through the app. I have spent the last hour going through the issue. They would not offer a replacement for ages and eventually when they realised i wasn't going anywhere they offered 55 pound off the reorder to bring it down to where it was when initially ordered on Nov. 23rd. Scheduled to be delivered by the 20th now but i wont hold my breath. Still hanging on to try and get quicker delivery but dont think that is going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

I reordered a second one of these when the price dropped to £115 on Black Friday. They have both now arrived and was intending on sending the one bought originally for £135 back to amazon for a refund. Before i do that i am happy to pass it on here to anyone that might need one, at cost which worked out at c.€160. Based in Dublin. PM me if interested.

Any idea what to do if you have already moved to pie using the Poland technique??

Thanks
    W

you do the same procedure to enable camera2 api. doesn't matter what version you're on.

follow the xda instructions linked - just be careful of the bit about not holding the volume button or your apps and data will be reset

you'd still remain on pie even if that happened

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Battery life on this is amazing so far - 4/64 version bought from eglobal.
    Off charge since 7am Monday(Dec 10th) and now hitting 15%, battery saver kicking in.
    That's 60+ hours since charge with 9 hours screen-on!
    And it's estimating another 10hours remaining.
    Obviously I'll be charging overnite but 2+ days battery life makes this a fantastic phone for my needs anyways.

Everyone else happy with theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

theShire can you tell me how long that shipping was from eglobal? They don't seem to have any option for express shipping yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Order dispatched 30th November, delivered on 7th Dec for me with DPD delivery, ordered Mi A2.

Same thing happened me this morning and i contacted chat through the app. I have spent the last hour going through the issue. They would not offer a replacement for ages and eventually when they realised i wasn't going anywhere they offered 55 pound off the reorder to bring it down to where it was when initially ordered on Nov. 23rd. Scheduled to be delivered by the 20th now but i wont hold my breath. Still hanging on to try and get quicker delivery but dont think that is going to happen.

Thanks for the update. Traveled to the UK Today, so didn't get to contact them. Will try it. Was it the 'email customer service' option you used.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Thanks for the update. Traveled to the UK Today, so didn't get to contact them. Will try it. Was it the 'email customer service' option you used.

Could you try arranging to pick it up at a depot over there?

Ebonyks wrote: »
    theShire can you tell me how long that shipping was from eglobal? They don't seem to have any option for express shipping yet.

Purchased on 20/Nov
    Shipped record started on 21/Nov
    Received on 03/Dec

So about 2weeks total from order date (10 business days)
    I wasn't in any major hurry as my old phone was still usable.
    Paid €165 total for the 4/64 black version with the screen protector.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

you do the same procedure to enable camera2 api. doesn't matter what version you're on.

follow the xda instructions linked - just be careful of the bit about not holding the volume button or your apps and data will be reset

you'd still remain on pie even if that happened

But isnt the step

download and extract the patched_boot.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...t-ota-t3836952

version specific, ie its a patched version of the boot you are currently on?

Thanks
    W.

But isnt the step

download and extract the patched_boot.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...t-ota-t3836952

version specific, ie its a patched version of the boot you are currently on?

Thanks
    W.

tbh I don't know - maybe read the latest comments on xda or ask the question there.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I'm having an issue with the phone using mobile data in the background for apps even though mobile data is turned off. Has anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone gotten the Android Pie OTA update here?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with the phone using mobile data in the background for apps even though mobile data is turned off. Has anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone gotten the Android Pie OTA update here?

the pie update could be ages before it's available OTA in ireland.

use the VPN method in the xda link before to get it OTA. it's easy and no danger of any damage.

the pie update is very good imo - I prefer the changes. gesture navigation (where you can set to only have a home button at bottom of screen) much better imo

haven't seen issue of mobile data using apps tbh but haven't really monitored it as have a high allowance.

if data is off should not happen.

I got an update notification for Android Pie yesterday even though I already upgraded using the VPN/Poland trick.

Anyone else?

Edit: just ran the update and it upgraded by security patch to Dec 2018.
    It also updated my baseband version from 1-00327-8953_Gen_Pack -1.176014.1 to 953_Gen_Pack-1.181354.1.182577.1

Has anyone received the update and had the same result?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I can't get the update to work at all. Can anyone offer any assistance? Follow instructions but comes back on latest software.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

wizardman wrote:
    I can't get the update to work at all. Can anyone offer any assistance? Follow instructions but comes back on latest software.

The official update for Pie has been released globally. I got it yesterday so should be a straight forward download for you

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

NATLOR wrote: »
    The official update for Pie has been released globally. I got it yesterday so should be a straight forward download for you

Great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Anyone know if its possible to show less apps per page on the home screen . I bought it for my father but it shows 5 columns on the home page and he is finding it hard to see. And too bunched up . Can it be chaged to 4 colums per page.
    I have a samsung and its easy to do but i dont see it in the options for the xiaomi . ???

Anyone know if its possible to show less apps per page on the home screen . I bought it for my father but it shows 5 columns on the home page and he is finding it hard to see. And too bunched up . Can it be chaged to 4 colums per page.
    I have a samsung and its easy to do but i dont see it in the options for the xiaomi . ???

use "go launcher" from the play store

set icons size to big in settings

I updated to Pie a few weeks ago thanks to the tip from glasso. Just had a look at my OH's phone and the update is available and downloading as we speak. I checked my own and there's an 85mb update available as well. Just wondering would this conflict with the Polish version I downloaded.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I updated to Pie a few weeks ago thanks to the tip from glasso. Just had a look at my OH's phone and the update is available and downloading as we speak. I checked my own and there's an 85mb update available as well. Just wondering would this conflict with the Polish version I downloaded.

Few drinks down and overthinking it. Downloaded anyway and all is good. OH is gone to bed playing with her new Pie. I'm downstairs with the last of the mince Pies.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Happy new Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Hi all, has anyone purchased this phone recently? Is eglobal the best place to purchase? How long does shipping usually take?
    My other half broke the screen on her s7 edge for the second time so contemplating getting this for her instead.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sheedy234

jay28 wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone purchased this phone recently? Is eglobal the best place to purchase? How long does shipping usually take?
    My other half broke the screen on her s7 edge for the second time so contemplating getting this for her instead.

Thanks
    I bought or for my partner on honorbuy on Friday and had it Monday via DHL for 180 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sheedy234

Sheedy234 wrote: »
    I bought or for my partner on honorbuy on Friday and had it Monday via DHL for 180 euro

https://www.honorbuy.com/251-xiaomi-mi-a2-lite

And it's the 4gb 64 hard drive version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭BowWow

jay28 wrote: »

Thanks

Purchased from eglobal in November for a Christmas present. 7 days from order to delivery.
    Excellent phone - might buy one for myself.

Advertisement