Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi mi a2 lite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Mr.S wrote: »
    Might as well spent the extra 10er and get the 4/64 version from eGlobal or Amazon ES.

Cheers. I'd imagine Amazon Spain would be the better option for warranty?

Anyone got an exact link to Amazon.es option that they have gone for and how we're they to deal with and what was delivery like?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

So this A2 Lite is the same version as the Redmi Note 6 Pro I'm looking at?
    Only difference being Android One vs MIUI.

That being said, I'm now thinking about purchasing the A2 Lite for an upgrade from my very old S4 Mini.

The Haven wrote: »

That being said, I'm now thinking about purchasing the A2 Lite for an upgrade from my very old S4 Mini.

redmi 6 pro same as a2 lite except for stock android a huge plus tho. and redmi 6 pro doesn't have band 20 lte which is used in Ireland.

note pro is a different phone.

note pro runs emui. about same speed as mi a2 lite as the stock android runs faster even tho note has a slightly faster cpu.

Oh, ok cheers.
    I'm going back and forth now.
    I might favour the A2 now.

But then again, the extra storage option in the A2 Lite, probably wins over the better camera on the A2 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Redmi note 6 pro is available with band 20, also the note 6 pro has the the Snapdragon 636 v the 625 with the Mi A2/A2 lite

• Advertisement

glic83 wrote: »
    Redmi note 6 pro is available with band 20, also the note 6 pro has the the Snapdragon 636 v the 625 with the Mi A2/A2 lite

yes. I mized up redmi 6 pr0 and redmi note 6 pro.

note pro 6 not really any faster than mi a2 lite tho as stock android runs faster than emui.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

glasso wrote: »
    yes. I mized up redmi 6 pr0 and redmi note 6 pro.

note pro 6 not really any faster than mi a2 lite tho as stock android runs faster than emui.

Not much in it but newer processor, also the notch in the note 6 pro might put some off

glic83 wrote: »
    Not much in it but newer processor, also the notch in the note 6 pro might put some off

both the mi a2 lite and the redmi note 6 pro have a notch.

Which is the best place to get the A2 Lite in the 4gb 64gb version?

eGlobal - customs?
    Amazon ES
    Honourbuy
    AliExpress

Which is the best place to get the A2 Lite in the 4gb 64gb version?

eGlobal - customs?
    Amazon ES
    Honourbuy
    AliExpress

amazon at current prices. not sure how long shipping will take tho.

• Advertisement

amazon at current prices. not sure how long shipping will take tho.

ok, cheers.
    not bothered about shipping speed, if it takes about 1 week.

looking at amazon.es myself. Wonder what are the chances of it dropping further for Black Friday / Cyber Monday or is at a low price already. What do you think?

doubt it will drop anymore. already very low. it's cheaper than eglobal pretty much.

doubt it will drop anymore. already very low. it's cheaper than eglobal pretty much.

Cheers. Pull the trigger now or wait and find it increases again. lol

Now I need to find a case or 2, to keep the smartphone safe, before I purchase.
    Any good ideas? Don't mind if they come from Hong Kong / China, want one's that good value and lasts a while.

Think I need to hurry on, €165 seems a very good deal amazon es, and like the other poster, don't think it will go lower.
    As it's £160 on amazon uk, thats a hefty €180 or so.

Now I need to find a case or 2, to keep the smartphone safe, before I purchase.
    Any good ideas? Don't mind if they come from Hong Kong / China, want one's that good value and lasts a while.

Think I need to hurry on, €165 seems a very good deal amazon es, and like the other poster, don't think it will go lower.
    As it's £160 on amazon uk, thats a hefty €180 or so.

comes with a free simple clear silicone back case in box to get you started.

100's of case options on ebay / amazon etc

ebay better for finding cases actually usually.

just search and see what comes up - there are many different types of case available. flip, back cover etc etc

just search and see what comes up - there are many different types of case available. flip, back cover etc etc

cheers

Is there a screen protector in the box also?

gooner99 wrote: »
    Is there a screen protector in the box also?

no

In the end, I ordered from HK Goldway w DHL shipping.
    Don't mind how long it takes if less than two weeks.
    €171 delivered, A2 Lite 4 64 black version dropped in price, so jumped on it.

Will let you know how long it takes, and how I get along with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭babybuilder

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/forum.xda-developers.com/mi-a2-lite/help/bad-screen-casting-android-auto-t3829207/amp/
    Word of warning about this phone re: android auto. Issues well highlighted regarding incompatibility. I was on the verge of buying but stopped when I learned of this as I use my Moto G3 with Android auto.

Just got the 3/32 version of the A2 lite on Amazon for £118 (lRL Vat). They have blue in stock, black on order.

Got around to playing with this today, jesus for a €160 phone it's a great little thing!

The main drawback is the camera but, to be expected at the price point. Still decent under good lighting.

One little thing that annoyed me is the lack of NFC, I didn't fully read the specs but assumed it would be on it.

if you're not afraid to do a bit of messing put the google camera night sight version on it - amazing even on this phone - can take pictures in the dark pretty much.

you need to enable camera2 api - search xda mi a2 lite camera2 api to find out how to do it

then install a google camera app with night sight

Nice! Will give it a go.

Still amazed by the feel / screen on this phone, bar the camera it really feels like a phone thats double the price.

yes it's really well built, looks modern, runs really smooth on clean android without bloat apps you don't want and the screen is very good. the blue version works really well imo - much better than the black one and the camera is not awful by any means - especially if you upgrade the capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Been looking at this and the Nokia 6.1 similar price and spec baring battery. Bought the 6.1 for the mother a few months back and it's a nice phone very decent camera. Battery is lacking compared to mi a2 lite though.

How bad is the camera on the a2 life? It's going to be a work phone and I'd need a good battery and decent enough camera for video etc.

video has decent software stabilisation at 1080p

camera is not awful - it's decent except at night/ poor light.

here's a camera gallery of pictures taken with the phone - click to expand. judge for yourself

https://www.kimovil.com/en/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite/camera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ordered the 4gb version from eglobal on friday for €154 but got an email this morning saying they are refunding me .

anyone know where else it can be got for similar money i see them on amazon but they are 200 sterling around €225.

check amazon es and amazon it for cheaper alternatives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Hoboo

check amazon es and amazon it for cheaper alternatives

4gb went from €160 last week to €199 on Black Friday. Hasn't moved since.

Advertisement