Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much fruit?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,293 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm not really convinced that bananas are that much of an outlier when it comes to selective breeding of fruit and vegetables. Pretty much every fruit and vegetable has been cross breed for human consumption/ taste/ storage/ harvest efficiency.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,105 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Pretty much every fruit and vegetable has been cross breed for human consumption/ taste/ storage.
    Every Granny Smith, that anyone has ever eaten. Came from a graft from a single tree in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Mellor wrote: »
    Every Granny Smith, that anyone has ever eaten. Came from a graft from a single tree in Australia.

as in that was a native type of apple there? I had seen that European apples are a hybrid of European Crab apples and Mongolian native apples, how true not sure

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    as in that was a native type of apple ther
    Not a native species. It was a single hybrid tree that popped up by chance. Every tree and fruit around the world is a clone of that single tree in Sydney.
    You can't grow a Granny Smith tree from its seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

There's no issue with a vegan diet (as long somebody makes sure to get a balanced diet). The issue was completely with your fruititarian suggestion.

What fruitarian suggestion? I never said people should go and eat a fruitarian diet.

It's these aggressive attacks that are why I didn't want to come back. People just fighting for the sake of fighting and appearing right. I think I've heard enough from you right now Mellor.
    I think this confirms you haven't a breeze about diet or nutrition.

That is false. Of course I knew about essential amino acids however this is not an important issue for people who are not malnourished. It's more like you who are uninformed and wasting my time. I take some supplements because of various natural thing like vitamin b12 not being gotten in large enough quantities in modern diets. If I ever start showing any symptoms or my blood tests stop coming back near perfect for me I'll give another look at it.
    Humans never had year round access to fruit ,

This is another thing that is completely, 100% false that is always going around. Humans in the jungle and apes today indeed to have year round access to fruit. At all times of the year there are different and lots of fruit in abundance. The tropics don't have a cold season, there are fruit all year around (perhaps in some small regions there is none but they could migrate a little if that's the case).

Also I am the only person I have ever seen stating this so I dare you, come on and try to double check me and show me wrong. I have done my research and in the jungles and savannas of sub-Saharan Africa where humans and apes evolved there is fruit readily available all year around.
    there is probably a harmonious circle in the seasons where fruits probably aid fat storage in the summer for what would have been the leaner winter months.

"there is probably a harmonious circle"....
    the bias has to be that an all fruit or nearly all fruit diet would be unhealthy in the long term and certainly going by some youtubers ive seen, its not doing them any favors.

"there is probably" this and "the bias must be" that. First of all, as I have committed to fruit is widely available all year around despite what I have seen people comment dozens of times online without ever showing it, just assuming it.

Secondly, creating ad hoc theories of evolutionary theory on the fly is known widespread to be a fallacy, also called "just so" theories of evolution. They're completely falsifiable and a lot of the time you could also easily argue the exact opposite.

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/205/1161/581

My most important point here is that fruit is available at all points during the year where humans and apes evolved and that statement you made contrary to this is confabulation.

• Advertisement

What fruitarian suggestion? I never said people should go and eat a fruitarian diet.
    Do you really post so much nonsense that you can't keep up.
    Reminder;
    You could eat 100% fruit.
    Completely false, there can be plenty of protein and fat in all-fruit diets.
    It's these aggressive attacks that are why I didn't want to come back. People just fighting for the sake of fighting and appearing right. I think I've heard enough from you right now Mellor.
    Aggressive? My posts have been calm, and matter of fact.
    You on the other hand had to resort to childish personal insults.

But's that's the MO right. Somebody calls you on your BS so you throw some personal jibe, and then pretend to take the pseudo-highground

That is false. Of course I knew about essential amino acids however this is not an important issue for people who are not malnourished. It's more like you who are uninformed and wasting my time.
    So you knew about them. But you decided to claim there's no such thing as essential protein. Sure, that makes loads of sense.

Also I am the only person I have ever seen stating this so I dare you, come on and try to double check me and show me wrong. I have done my research and in the jungles and savannas of sub-Saharan Africa where humans and apes evolved there is fruit readily available all year around.
    The availibility of fruit is irrelevant to the point I was making, However, fruit available continuously in sub-Saharan Africa means SFA to somebody in northern europe. This shouldn't need to be pointed out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

WTF is going on in this thread?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Entertainment. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

You're seeing actual intelligence, seems fairly rare around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

You're seeing actual intelligence, seems fairly rare around here.

Thanks Mellor

• Advertisement
Advertisement