Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is RTE so biased?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Christ, if it's not Hillary, it's Obama.

We're talking about Trump here, stop deflecting and the daft what-aboutery.

Yeah, because Obama and the Democrats weren't all about what-aboutery for 8 years blaming Bush for everything.

You can't cry about what-aboutery on the other side when your just spent a near decade doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Because : cůnts

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yeah, because Obama and the Democrats weren't all about what-aboutery for 8 years blaming Bush for everything.

You can't cry about what-aboutery on the other side when your just spent a near decade doing it.

I'm not American. I couldn't give a ****e about Bush. I don't have a 'side' and I think it's weird that people from Kilkenny, as you say you are, have one because you get so wrapped up in your online American political identity.

All of which means exactly fcuk all when we're talking about Donald Trump who is still a raging lunatic. You don't have to have a 'side' to think that Trump is a gob****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

I'm not American. I couldn't give a ****e about Bush. I don't have a 'side' and I think it's weird that people from Kilkenny, as you say you are, have one because you get so wrapped up in your online American political identity.

All of which means exactly fcuk all when we're talking about Donald Trump who is still a raging lunatic. You don't have to have a 'side' to think that Trump is a gob****e.

You dont have a side yet constantly posting anti trump ****e :rolleyes:

declan2693 wrote: »
    You dont have a side yet constantly posting anti trump ****e :rolleyes:

'Constantly posting anti Trump ****e?' Nope.

However even if I was, I'm not a fireman but I can tell when a house is ablaze. Anyone with eyes can see that Donald's a headcase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

'Constantly posting anti Trump ****e?' Nope.

However even if I was, I'm not a fireman but I can tell when a house is ablaze. Anyone with eyes can see that Donald's a headcase.

yes but can you tell who started the fire and why? was it a tinder box anyway? did hillary leave the gas on, the matches out and the petrol on the floor??

stupid analogy for a complex enough issue.

you cant blame trump for being trump anymore then you can blame hillary for being a ****. it's a sad state of affairs when a so called con man can dupe a country and thrash the best in your squad every other week..

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

They have been infiltrated and converged by Marxists. It should be shutdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,056 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Keplar240B wrote: »

Solidarity, comrade.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Now are these Marx-Marxist, Marky-Mark Marxists, Cultural Marxists, Diet Marxists or I Can't Believe it's Not Marxists?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Notwithstanding obvious Marxists such as Marty Morrissey and Ryan Tubridy, who else are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Irish Kings

We're no longer given the full facts anymore, nor are we allowed to make up our own minds.

We're given selected facts and then subtly (and sometimes no so subtly) told what to think, do and say.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,658 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

We're no longer given the full facts anymore, nor are we allowed to make up our own minds.

We're given selected facts and then subtly (and sometimes no so subtly) told what to think, do and say.

Too subtle for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

I'm truly amazed people still even watch RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 20,658 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It closed down years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Their weather forecasts are reasonably accurate, and where else do you get the chance to 'watch' The Angelus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Their weather forecasts are reasonably accurate, and where else do you get the chance to 'watch' The Angelus.

Coming across as a bit biased there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

All the little Trump-troll man-babies crying all over the internet. God love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Hard to find a mention on the site about Rachel Allen's recent woes despite it being front page headlines everywhere else. Inexplicable that it wasn't reported considering some of the guff that gets a mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Hard to find a mention on the site about Rachel Allen's recent woes despite it being front page headlines everywhere else. Inexplicable that it wasn't reported considering some of the guff that gets a mention.
    Oh it's explicable all right. :)

Google "Rachel Allen RTE".

I feel sorry for her though - she seems like a decent person and she is not her son. A lot of rich/posh kids go off the rails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭irishproduce

It is hard to know if RTE see that American news is worthy of broadcasting to us here in RoI or is it Trump specific (negative where possible) news.

Today is the anniversary of a very significant pieve of American history. You have to go into the "other news" section on RTE site to find it though.

Whereas Sky news have on the front page, links that take you to Mike Pence's speech along with comment from Trump in Pennsylvania. A speech that shows you the leader/ human side of him.
    Mike Pence's speech is particularly nice, see it on twitter.

https://twitter.com/VP

I can't figure RTE out. Are the interested in showing us what is happening in America or are they interested in giving us Trump in a negative light only.
    Shaping the news should not be their job. Delivering it unbiased is all they have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

There's always been a bias towards Democrats in the Irish media.

They've a very simplistic view of American politics.

Dems = good.

Republicans = bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's like a play or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭irishproduce

More of it on RTE news front page now.
    Blair says 50:50 chance of a brexit rerun referendum.

I checked sky news and BBC, neither pushing it on their site. i.e they don't deem his comments worth pushing.
    But rte however. They are pushing the agenda to overturn brexit since the UK voted to leave.

I checked sky news and BBC, neither pushing it on their site. i.e they don't deem his comments worth pushing.
    But rte however. They are pushing the agenda to overturn brexit since the UK voted to leave.

why are sky and bbc not reporting this major item

they must be BIASED

Jaysus, there's reaching and then there's this post.

One of the men who played a pivotal role in helping to foster peace in Northern Ireland in creating the Good Friday agreement says that there’s a 50/50 chance that the vote that looks like destroying that agreement could be rerun.

Why would that possibly be news in Ireland?

Must be an RTE conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭moonage

I can't figure RTE out. Are the interested in showing us what is happening in America or are they interested in giving us Trump in a negative light only.
    Shaping the news should not be their job. Delivering it unbiased is all they have to do

I'm sick of the Irish and British media's obsession with American politics.

Every twist and turn is covered, often very prominently. There's lots of stuff happening in the world that gets completely ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

moonage wrote: »
    I'm sick of the Irish and British media's obsession with American politics.

Every twist and turn is covered, often very prominently. There's lots of stuff happening in the world that gets completely ignored.

FFS, and if they didn't cover it, you'd have more eejits complaining that they're ignoring what's going on in the world.

When you have people complaining about it from the opposite point of view they must be doing something right.

Advertisement