Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did you pick your user name?

Options
  • 04-09-2018 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

My girlfriend says my flacid pee-pee resembles a gherkin hence the nickname Dick Pickle ! Why did you pick your name ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

My username speaks for itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

It’s the narrator in Fight club.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Fan of Star Trek and Lawyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,032 ✭✭✭✭Esel

My girlfriend says my flacid pee-pee resembles a gherkin hence the nickname Dick Pickle ! Why did you pick your name ?
    Was Jerkin taken?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I love owls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

This is well in excess of my 20th name on here...and the first time it's an actual persons name!...a b-baller.. but picked it for a secondary reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

cause ehm....well.....cause I needed a username

and I live in Wexieford

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It was the only one available.

wexie wrote: »

and I live in Wexieford

Is that near wexieco?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

wexie wrote: »

and I live in Wexieford

I picked it up on the bifurcation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

I picked it up on the bifurcation

yeah but what about your username there ms sassypants?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,265 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think I was eating fresh popcorn at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

No one else wanted to pick my username, so I had to pick it myself.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,871 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My friends parrot was called Joey. Joey lived for about 40 years, loved singing opera with Pavarotti and they always thought the bird was male. Turned out in the end as my friends said "ee were a Joanna all along"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Its a bit stupid, like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Because it seemed a better alternative to picking my nose

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I was pimping a blog at the time (and got taken to task for it)
    The Beer Revolution was too long so I ended up with the beer revolu:o
    Being a user here lasted way longer than the blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I just kept it simple and used my real name.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

From a Viz magazine character called Roger Irrelevant. From the Wiki:
    Roger Irrelevant ("He's Completely Hatstand") – a young man with a very strange mental problem where he continually produces irrelevant and surreal streams of language and behaviour. In one strip, Roger throws a lamp from the roof of a house after a long, impassioned (and obviously unsuccessful) plea for the lamp not to commit suicide. On another occasion he decides to elope with an armchair, declaring it is pregnant with his children. Another time sees him disrupting the funeral of a relative by dragging the corpse out of the coffin and - employing a Brooklyn accent and emulating a character from a Mickey Spillane novel - aggressively questioning the deceased about some stolen goods. His parents seem to be very understanding and merely politely request that he stops his behaviour. These are the only times that Roger manages to show any sign of interaction with real people, although usually it is only in the form of saying things like "wibble wibble". (Dictionary.com attributes this nonsense-word to Roger; see External Links below.) "Frisnit" and "z'goft" are two of Roger's other favourite words.
    *emphasis mine*

So I got Wibbs. He who wibbles. Mostly irrelevantly. Frisnit was running a close second.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I was going through a baking phase at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

I had a colleague several years ago who was a Boards junkie. I created an account with the intention of, as a wind-up, only posting to disagree with everything he said. In the end I couldn't be bothered doing it, but when I actually started to use Boards years later I used the login I'd already set up. I don't use this name anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭dragona

Born in the year of the dragon and I'm a girl so stuck an a on the end. If I were a boy, I'd be dragono. Simple as that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Frank Sinatra was singing this song in the background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

This is well in excess of my 20th name on here...and the first time it's an actual persons name!...a b-baller.. but picked it for a secondary reason

It was also Pearl Jam's name when they were only recording demos on Sony Walkmans.

As for my username, I randomly made it up two years ago. I'd definitely change it if I could, but I hear you can if you get a paid subscription (which is cheap for a month). Only issue is I currently have no methods of purchasing one. Bah humbug.

When I first signed up in 2014, my username was HeathenWolf which kinda reflected my personal journey at that time.

Infernum wrote: »
    It was also Pearl Jam's name when they were only recording demos on Sony Walkmans.

As for my username, I randomly made it up two years ago. I'd definitely change it if I could, but I hear you can if you get a paid subscription (which is cheap for a month). Only issue is I currently have no methods of purchasing one. Bah humbug.

When I first signed up in 2014, my username was HeathenWolf which kinda reflected my personal journey at that time.

That's the reason I picked it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Giraffe Box

Frank Sinatra was singing this song in the background

Beautiful song from the best singer ever, what a photo too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I like boats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

You must be a Pearl Jam fan so!

• Advertisement

All my usernames and passwords are things I saw as I began typing.

Advertisement