Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I buy a 3 bed detached home in Dublin?

Options
  • 03-09-2018 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi,
    Could you please say where I could buy a 3 bed detached new house in Dublin? My budget is 400-420k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Natashaw88x

kevincool wrote: »
    Hi,
    Could you please say where I could buy a 3 bed detached new house in Dublin? My budget is 400-420k.

North county Dublin? Swords/balgriffin/clongriffin/donabate etc. I’m not sure of anywhere else as I’m currently only looking in this location myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Natashaw88x

Hi,

North county Dublin? Swords/balgriffin/clongriffin/donabate etc. I’m not sure of anywhere else as I’m currently only looking in this location myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭victor8600

Hi,

There are currently 2 houses for sale on daft.ie that match your criteria:

https://www.daft.ie/dublin-city/property-for-sale/?s%5Bmxp%5D=425000&s%5Bmnb%5D=3&s%5Badvanced%5D=1&s%5Bhouse_type%5D%5B0%5D=detached&s%5Bnew%5D=1&searchSource=sale

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Detached new build three beds in Dublin wouldn't be in high supply, if you broaden your search to semis you'll get a LOT more options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Don't like a semi-bed as i\ dont want to be sharing the roof with anyone else

victor8600 wrote: »
    Hi,

There are currently 2 houses for sale on daft.ie that match your criteria:

https://www.daft.ie/dublin-city/property-for-sale/?s%5Bmxp%5D=425000&s%5Bmnb%5D=3&s%5Badvanced%5D=1&s%5Bhouse_type%5D%5B0%5D=detached&s%5Bnew%5D=1&searchSource=sale
    very far from dublin for me

• Registered Users Posts: 33,835 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You dont share the roof in a Semi D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Op, have you done any research? At a minimum before asking for help you should have checked daft.

Doing this will show you what you already know, a detached house in dublin is expensive, and rare in your price range.

It Will also show you areas(if any) a property matching your criteria is located.

It's what most people replying To you will do if they are not just taking an educated guess.

I know what you mean. What about the noise?

• Advertisement

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Op, have you done any research? At a minimum before asking for help you should have checked daft.

Doing this will show you what you already know, a detached house in dublin is expensive, and rare in your price range.

It Will also show you areas(if any) a property matching your criteria is located.

It's what most people replying To you will do if they are not just taking an educated guess.
    Here we go.... I am researching for months now. Came here to find out about any new places which i DONT KNOW where they are building 3 bed detached houses.

i DONT KNOW where they are building 3 bed detached houses.

Ok, no issue with not knowing, just do a search. If you find few or none on daft, chances are that is the answer.

Or maybe rephrase the question, something like "Ive searched daft, my home and a bunch of estate agents but can't find a detached house in my price range in dublin, are there any other avenues I can check that I might be missing?"

It will help you get an answer you need, instead of people just searching Daft for you, which you say you have already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Here we go.... I am researching for months now. Came here to find out about any new places which i DONT KNOW where they are building 3 bed detached houses.

You'll need to change either:
    The detached status
    The budget
    The location
    The new build status

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There were 4 near me in Ashtown that sold for 375k two years ago. Price would be more now, probably above your budget if there were any more.

There might be some somewhere as a lot of new builds do have 2 or 3 detached houses taking up awkward corners on the site. Typically they're 4 beds though.

You're going to need to look for every new development with 3 beds in the 300-350k range both using daft & my home and keeping an eye on building sites.

Then look up the planning permission for those sites before they go on sale and see if there are any 3 bed detached. Smaller more awkward sites are more likely to have them.

Then you'll need to be first in the queue to get them.

Rathborne park seems to have one house on the future site layout that's a 3 bed detached and might be in budget based on previous phases. Haven't dug into the p.p. to confirm though.

However, I recommend you reconsider. Sit down and really think about what you actually want from a house and how you actually live your life, not some traditional ideal you think you want. If a house is so poorly built that neighbours noise is an issue, you should probably avoid it anyway. Plenty of semi-ds and terraces don't have that issue in spite of internet terror.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

kevincool wrote:

I'm sure your neighbors will get used to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Hi,

OP I think you might struggle to find a detached 3 bed. When we were looking there were a few detached 4 beds but all of the 3 beds we saw were semi-d. So you may have to reconsider going for a 3 bed or the semi-d part.

In a new build this shouldn't be an issue. I've just moved into a semi-d and I honestly would have no idea if our next door neighbours are even home half the time. The only time I do hear them is when the back door is open and they're out their back garden.

Have you lived in a semi-d before? If so are you basing it off ones that were built pre-2000? I've lived in semi-d's for the most part and the difference between the one built in the 70's, the one built in the 90's and the one built this year is massive in terms of sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭dk1982

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Jesus I never realised the premium for detached houses! You'd be looking at 100k less and half the distance outside the CC compared to that Swords one for a Semi or Terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

Hi,

Probably nowhere, and if you are able to at the moment it won't be long before you can't. One of location, budget, size or new build status will have to change to get anything. You need to decide what your priorities are. I assume you've already maxed out your budget and size is based on family needs so probably going to have to be location. Don't think going second hand is going to help much.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

dk1982 wrote: »

It's unlikely it will sell for 425,000, but of course you never know unless you try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

There is a detached in dublin 15 less than 300k

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

Just to add, we bought a 3 bed semi a few months ago that was built in the 80s (so no lovely new build insulation etc). The next door neighbour has two young kids, I never hear a thing. It was a worry for me moving in but genuinely can't hear them at all!

Lots of this going about the country.
    People say they are priced out of the market, can't find a property. Dig a bit deeper it becomes clear that expectations are not in line with budget.

At one point I wouldn't look at anything outside of D16/18, had to be a semi D with back gate to garden, had to be 5 mins from a luas stop, had to be a certain size etc etc.

When I couldn't find a home I assessed my "needs" found I had 3 options:

1. Keep looking for an unrealistic property that I could never afford on my budget.

2. Give up, keep my money for when the crash comes next year (or next year, or next year) and keep renting for the time being .

3. Reassess what I actually needed.

Went with option 3, found a place that, with some reassessment of my needs, suited perfectly.

It's IMO a considerable pert of the housing "crisis".
    Homes are there, people just have expectations they can't afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭victor8600

"This newly renovated" house is not a newly built house the OP insists on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 makon_mc

There are 40+ 4 bed detached houses or bungalows in Co Dublin that match your budget.  Buy, knock off one  timber/ carton board wall between  2 smaller rooms and you will own 3 bed detached :)
    I like this one - https://www.daft.ie/dublin/houses-for-sale/hollystown/8-chapelwood-avenue-chapelwood-hollystown-dublin-1554585/

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brookers

Almost paid the deposit for an hansfield home but cancelled because of the planned social housing there. Back to square one in searching.

Almost paid the deposit for an hansfield home but cancelled because of the planned social housing there. Back to square one in searching.

Knowing this new requirement, You won't find anything. Forgetting your completely unrealistic expectations for a second and just focus on this new criteria of no social housing in the development.

All new developments have to have 10% social housing. It's to prevent mistakes of the past, where massive social housing estates became undesirable at best or no go areasat worst.

Developers can pay a levy to get out of this 10% social requirement, but not many do and it's safe to say that any that do won't be offering a 3 bed detached house in dublin for under 420k!

Hansfield are all semi d's too, so you would have had to "share a roof".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Every new development in the county will have 10% social housing integrated into the development.

Advertisement