Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment Stage 3 (2018 Campaign)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Somehow, I also passed! Brilliant news and congrats to everyone who did. To people who failed, it wasn’t my first interview and requesting feedback was a big help and also mentioning the feedback I feel really helped me in my second interview.

In regards to the above, I believe regardless of our placement if you continue to do well in the next few stages such as the physical and keep passing our time will come were we’re invited. We just have to be patient, the Sergeant said to me late 2019 and honestly I’ve waited over 20 years for this job I don’t mind waiting another 2 years at the most :p

Again, congrats everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Passed aswell!! Congrats everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Well done to all that passed absolutly delighted with the news of passing roll on stage 4 lads and lassies. To those that havent passed keep trying this was my fourth time, anyone doing interviews soon I have a great contact for interview prep and he is very reasonable, I wouldnt have passed without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

Congratulations everyone, Roll on stage 4, if anyone in the dublin area wants to get together and train for the beep test, let me know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Koccy89 wrote: »
    Congratulations everyone, Roll on stage 4, if anyone in the dublin area wants to get together and train for the beep test, let me know :)

If anyone is in the Northside area of Dublin and would like me to go through the actual bleep test for the PCT, let me know. I have completed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

Hey,
    Wondering can anyone help.
    I passed my interview there but got my results. Came in the 500's.
    Is it a definite I get called or if another recruitment campaign comes out am i back to square one???
    So confused any help be greatful

I've been wondering that myself. I scored within the 400s but does that place me within the 800 recruitment places or is it a case of waiting for another campaign drive. Fitness and medical all going to plan of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ciara2018

Anyone know of any course coming up before the 28th of January for preparation on interviews?!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Ciara2018 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any course coming up before the 28th of January for preparation on interviews?!

Have you checked with Career Services? Also, James Flannagin posted above he would send info to anyone about the guy who helped him, might be worth a try. I saw a few advertised on fb as well who helps one to one.

I've the interview done. Have a good example prepped for each competency (some prep two) that shows what they are looking for, write them down as you are preparing them and know it inside out, use key words in describing the skills you used, be specific as to what you did, how it helped etc. They will stop you to ask questions. I didn't get to finish one of mine because I was asked questions and we ended up talking about something else. I also got asked extra towards the end like ,' oh I heard you mention such and such a thing, can you describe a time you showed this?' and I did. I actually preferred answering their questions and giving examples than basically telling stories lol. Also know your form A because they go through that in the beginning. They don't want to fail you so they will try get as much out of you as they can. They are trying to get a sense of who you are so talk as much as you can. The first half of mine was nerve wrecking and you could hear a pin drop but towards the end we had a few laughs and the chat was flowing. Best of luck with it.

paddyCPW wrote: »
    If anyone is in the Northside area of Dublin and would like me to go through the actual bleep test for the PCT, let me know. I have completed it.

I'm in Cork unfortunately. Can I ask how you trained for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

i prepped for my interview with Noel McLoughlin (ex panel interviewer) and he was a great help. I would highly recommend him for people especially who would not have a whole pile of interview experience. http://www.gardaip.com/noel-mcloughlin

Just wondering when people got the competencies after they got the invite for the interview I still haven't got mine and interview 3 weeks today

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

leheaven wrote: »
    I'm in Cork unfortunately. Can I ask how you trained for it?

I trained by going out on jogs, but implementing sprints while jogging. I wouldn't recommend the treadmill, as it pushes you along, so it's easier then road jogging.

I would highly recommend chest exercises in the gym, this really help me.

i prepped for my interview with Noel McLoughlin (ex panel interviewer) and he was a great help. I would highly recommend him for people especially who would not have a whole pile of interview experience. http://www.gardaip.com/noel-mcloughlin

I went to his son (same business). Went through every aspect of my prep giving me two examples for each answer. The whole duration of the course was three hours which flew by. Addressed all my weak points too. Bit on the pricer side but highly recommend and very results and competency focused. Provided me with additional info (news articles).

Just wondering when people got the competencies after they got the invite for the interview I still haven't got mine and interview 3 weeks today

You will get them a week or so before the interview. There was no surprises in mine, all the competencies are near enough the same as previous years. I just tailored my answers when I received them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JenM1984

Hi all,
    Have my interview at the end of this month. I’ve a few questions about form B if anyone could help?
    1- General references, does the employer one have to be known to you for 5 years?
    2- Where to type deceased on the family details section.
    3- What happens if you don’t know where a family member lives? Never met them and wouldn’t even know where to start looking.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

JenM1984 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Have my interview at the end of this month. I’ve a few questions about form B if anyone could help?
    1- General references, does the employer one have to be known to you for 5 years?
    3- What happens if you don’t know where a family member lives? Never met them and wouldn’t even know where to start looking.

Did you get form B off them already? How? By email? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JenM1984

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Did you get form B off them already? How? By email? Thanks

No printed one off that I found online so that I am ready to just type it up when I receive my actual from PAS. If you google form b Garda it should come up

No printed one off that I found online so that I am ready to just type it up when I receive my actual from PAS. If you google form b Garda it should come up

Seen it online alright. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the official one from PAS.

For anyone else looking-https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/publication/document/Application_Form_B.doc

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Hi all,

1. I only started my current career 3 years ago and the person I used from it was fine. The sergeant just rings him/her, I don't think she asked him how long he knew me.
    2. Under occupation, I added deceased or retired in brackets after their job. I don't think it's necessary to add either however.
    3. You have to find out. As useless as that is, you're just going to have to try your best. I'd say if you've explored all options give them and ring and see what they say.

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I put my employer down and I don’t know him 5 years, it’s no problem. General references they want people who know you at least 3 years. I was asked in my local interviews when did I meet them, how long I know them etc
    With regards to deceased family, you put them in the list as normal and at the side put in deceased. You still need their date of births and last known addresses.
    Even if you don’t know where they live and things, you still have to track it down unfortunately. I had to try church records and things. It’s difficult alright but also ask around diff family members. Someone will know something to help.

Best of luck with the interview :)

just wondering if you don't have contact with some of your relations do you have to put them down on form b or what's the story hard to get their info when you don't know them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

1. Anyone heading to templemore for the open day on the 26th? Are ye wearing training gear going or getting changed up there?

2. Met my local sergeant last week, said the next step is to meet the local superintendent. Anyone done this yet? Any advice?

rossd92 wrote: »
    1. Anyone heading to templemore for the open day on the 26th? Are ye wearing training gear going or getting changed up there?

2. Met my local sergeant last week, said the next step is to meet the local superintendent. Anyone done this yet? Any advice?

Just out of interest what rough OOM are you.
    Just to give myself an idea of timeframe

kellbag91 wrote: »
    Just out of interest what rough OOM are you.
    Just to give myself an idea of timeframe

Can’t remember exactly but low 300s anyway. Like 340 I think! You??

just wondering if you don't have contact with some of your relations do you have to put them down on form b or what's the story hard to get their info when you don't know them.

Unfortunately you still have to get their info.

rossd92 wrote: »
    Can’t remember exactly but low 300s anyway. Like 340 I think! You??

Cheers that gives me an idea, I'm the late 400s.

What number are they at now?

CZ 453 wrote: »
    What number are they at now?

Seem to not be going by the OOM after the interview!

• Advertisement

Person3456 wrote: »
    Do we have to include the spouses of our aunts and uncles on the form B. Just wondering as in brackets it’s says (ie. parents bothers & sisters) rather than (parent’s brothers/sisters & their spouses)

No. Just parents siblings/step siblings.

Advertisement