Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purrs and pats and puppy dog tails..

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

okay so 460189.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭✭anewme

123qkaw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

IMG_20180110_190025_HHT.jpg
    Ahhh such cuties, getting emotional even looking at them all, this was my little dog who died on Friday, she was 16 but so so loved :)

IMG_20180110_190025_HHT.jpg
    Ahhh such cuties, getting emotional even looking at them all, this was my little dog who died on Friday, she was 16 but so so loved :)

Ah she's beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Here is my little man :)

460149.jpg

What games has he got? Does he swap?

• Advertisement

I said no to my girlfriend for years but last weekend, I broke and said we could have a cat. It's potty trained, relaxed, and just cute as hell, and it was 175euro.

sMvTyAv.png

This little legend is the perfect amount of cute.. He's just chilling beside me as I type, nay problem. He sleeps with us and cause no problems.

All my cats in Ireland were outdoor cats, and I see how that's just a different type of pet. I'm now left wondering why I didn't have this before. I've turned into one of those annoying cat people, when just a week ago, I didn't like cats that much.

He doesn't even meow.

Edit: He's sitting in my electric lunchbox I started a thread about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Gorgeous kitty :)

I think we need to regress to the early days of the internet and post pictures of cats !! Only cos they're great !!

#MAKETHEINTERNETGREATAGAIN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Lovely cat but is there something that 175 quid gets you that's different to a kitten from the rescue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Lovely cat but is there something that 175 quid gets you that's different to a kitten from the rescue :)

I got a cat from the rescue the other day, still cost me €100 "adoption fee".

Worth every penny though! <3

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

cat_proximity.png

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

I'm in Vietnam. This is a Western cat. Cats here are very small and skinny and not what you'd imagine. If you can afford it, something like this is way better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Here's two of mine. Since this is after hours I've chosen a racier photo..

sww9j5.jpg

My two >>>>>> your two

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    My two >>>>>> your two

Haha I think you stole my dog! My terrier looks just like yours. Here he is becoming one with my other cat.

2wrno79.jpg

Has your Yorkie 3 legs?

Mine does. He’s better at attracting women than a Porsche.

Has your Yorkie 3 legs?

Mine does. He’s better at attracting women than a Porsche.

I know the above to be true because as soon as I read it I felt weak at the cuteness.

Mine has all his legs.

I know the above to be true because as soon as I read it I felt weak at the cuteness.

Mine has all his legs.

The cat that’s in that photo had to be pts. People that say cats are selfish haven’t a ****ing clue. We got her when she was a kitten from the rspca. My dad had vascular dementia (a horrendous diesease) That cat spent so much time on his lap, even though he would always rub her roughly. Whenever he got angry or agitated I’m put her on his lap. He’d rub her like you’d rub a dog, but she’s stay there. The day my dad died when got a call from the vet to say the cat was dying. She died 4 weeks after Dad.

Cats are amazing, nursing homes should be full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The cat that’s in that photo had to be pts. People that say cats are selfish haven’t a ****ing clue. We got her when she was a kitten from the rspca. My dad had vascular dementia (a horrendous diesease) That cat spent so much time on his lap, even though he would always rub her roughly. Whenever he got angry or agitated I’m put her on his lap. He’d rub her like you’d rub a dog, but she’s stay there. The day my dad died when got a call from the vet to say the cat was dying. She died 4 weeks after Dad.

What a moving story: thank you.

I used to take my cats to a nursing home. One o f the cats was blind and would only respond to MY voice. All the old ladies would gather round to call him..took them away from misery.. and the kittens" OH MY!

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't agree more. Cats are amazing. There's a lot of myths out there about them which can be pretty amusing but it's very sad that a lot of people actually believe them. Sure an outdoor cat who's mostly ignored can be aloof (wouldn't we all) but a cat that's made a part of the family are often extremely sweet and cuddly.

My two certainly are. I hurt my back last year and spent an entire week trapped in bed and Axel, my black and white cat, kept me company almost the entire time. :)

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. I couldn't agree more. Cats are amazing. There's a lot of myths out there about them which can be pretty amusing but it's very sad that a lot of people actually believe them. Sure an outdoor cat who's mostly ignored can be aloof (wouldn't we all) but a cat that's made a part of the family are often extremely sweet and cuddly.

My two certainly are. I hurt my back last year and spent an entire week trapped in bed and Axel, my black and white cat, kept me company almost the entire time. :)

We have 3 cats now. Two 1 year old sisters (tnr) & we took in a kitten in the last few weeks. When I come home from work all 3 run up to greet me. Right behind the two dogs.

I would always have been a dog person before I met the Mrs. Now I’m a cat person.

In saying that, we’ll never ever have a cat like Rose in the picture above. I’ll never forget how good she was to my dad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ok just a little different...

356142.jpg

Amboina box turtle on the left from Asia(his bottom shell is hinged so he can close up completely), Mud/Musk/Stinkpot turtle on the right. I've a Chinese Stripe neck too. I've had them over 30 years. They were fully grown when I got them(rescued them actually) so feck knows how old they are. They're at least 40 anyway. Sadly most aquatic turtles don't live nearly so long in the pet world. They're actually quite affectionate in their own way. Though we may think them a bit thick, some species are better than rats at negotiating mazes. They know me anyway, as they react very differently to me compared to others. They tend to shy away from strangers. In the summer on warm sunny days I let them wander and bask in the garden to get some natural UV and they stick close to me and if I move they follow me around. They're way faster on their feet than tortoises.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement