Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connacht Team Talk Thread V - The Friend Zone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Mul, it's over
    Surprising to see Makysmiw starting, wonder if it’s a bit of trying to have impact off the bench? Porch at full back isn’t ideal either, Healy must be injured? Porch probably hadn’t played 15 in a long time......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

https://www.connachtrugby.ie/butler-returns-to-captain-connacht-in-champions-cup-clash-against-gloucester/

"while a late injury to Matt Healy sees John Porch switching from the wing to full back"

And Maksymiw over Dillane is an interesting call. Boyle not in the 23?

The inconsistency in the team/squad line up can't be a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭connachta

https://www.connachtrugby.ie/butler-returns-to-captain-connacht-in-champions-cup-clash-against-gloucester/

"while a late injury to Matt Healy sees John Porch switching from the wing to full back"

And Maksymiw over Dillane is an interesting call. Boyle not in the 23?

The inconsistency in the team/squad line up can't be a good thing

I'm not worried about Porch, he can cause havoc with space allowed at FB

Otherwise I'm not complaining at all (compared to McCabe starting in Toulouse)
    Close to our best team IMO (including Robb I love), except Maskymiw (and Burke/Murphy/Kerrins on the bench)

No rain expected. Connacht win. Optimistic, it's rare!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Friend Zone
    I like Maksymiw has all the tools to be a top quality Lock. He's found out the hard way this year what it takes to play at the top level ( he looked shellshocked coming off against Leinster) just needs a bit of bite in his game and experience and gametime to take that next step.

And releasing Dilllane on Gloucester at 60 minutes I like the sound of that. He's more Mobile, and can empty the tank for that 20 odd minutes.

I like Maksymiw has all the tools to be a top quality Lock. He's found out the hard way this year what it takes to play at the top level ( he looked shellshocked coming off against Leinster) just needs a bit of bite in his game and experience and gametime to take that next step.

And releasing Dilllane on Gloucester at 60 minutes I like the sound of that. He's more Mobile, and can empty the tank for that 20 odd minutes.

Macksymiw isn't bad but does not gain meters, which is Connacht need..

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

I would say, as a Connacht supporter of many years, we continue to be a little weak when exposed by injury. But I think Friend has done a decent job in bringing players forward and allowing those weaknesses not to look quite so weak. So names are added to the equation and given their chance. Putting Ultan on the bench was some call but it allows Joe to show his stuff. And I think that's a good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

Will Goddard playing 10 for Wegians, probably not what he had in mind when he signed. Josh Dunne is at 6.

Will Goddard playing 10 for Wegians, probably not what he had in mind when he signed. Josh Dunne is at 6.

Interesting. Maybe a replacement for Horwitz next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Mul, it's over
    GGGGGAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE

DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

IT'S CHAMPIONS CUP BABY!

• Advertisement

GGGGGAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEE

DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

IT'S CHAMPIONS CUP BABY!

FFS YEAHHH LOVE THESE DAYS
    C'MON CONNACHT!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Jesus cut open there.

Porch been unreal so far, great try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Mul, it's over
    Jesus BT going absolutely spare about how long scrums take. Way over the top. Bitching about scrums taking 30 seconds, if they think that's an issue maybe they should be watching league.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Jesus BT going absolutely spare about how long scrums take. Way over the top. Bitching about scrums taking 30 seconds, if they think that's an issue maybe they should be watching league.

He always has some agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭testtech05

Some Like It TOH
    The wind seems to have fecked up my tv signal. Don't suppose anyone has a link for the game they could pm me?

Mul, it's over
    He always has some agenda.

Who is it? Healy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mul, it's over
    Who is it? Healy?

Ya Healy. Need a bit more of a lead with that wind. Although we tend to do okay against the wind.

Who is it? Healy?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Fainga'a off with an injury. Damn.

Copeland on.

• Advertisement

Yep

Where was the pillar support for blade there

Mul, it's over
    macslash wrote: »
    Ya Healy. Need a bit more of a lead with that wind. Although we tend to do okay against the wind.
    Yep

Should have guessed if there was absolute ****e being spewed on BT it'd be him.

Penalty in front of the posts. Nonsense from Gloucester, got what they deserved there.

Wind looks like it's picking up there. Second half will be tough.

Carty not kicking great lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,836 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Even for Cipriani that was one of the stupidest things I've seen on a rugby field.

Thanks for the belly laugh Dan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Larbre34 wrote: »

Even for Cipriani that was one of the stupidest things I've seen on a rugby field.

Thanks for the belly laugh Dan.

Always staggers me that professional rugby players don't know the laws of the game.

That said, I agree with Healey, I suspect that Cippers miskicked that dropout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭realhorrorshow

We're really struggling to defend Gloucester's double option plays in midfield, rain might help us in that regard.

Mul, it's over
    For ****s sake

• Advertisement

That's a killer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement