Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandy legged teenagers these days

Options
13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

I honestly don't get the hate over boot-cut jeans. They're just jeans!

They just look awful! I mean irish people don’t dress particularly well for the most part but why do you think it’s the only place in the world where they’re worn these days??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

dotsman wrote: »
    Lynx is not, nor has ever been, an antiperspirant. It is a deodorant.

You are incorrect in your assertion. The white Lynx cans are an antiperspirant, the black ones are just a deodorant indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

You are incorrect in your assertion. The white Lynx cans are an antiperspirant, the black ones are just a deodorant indeed.

I've never even seen white lynx cans! Don't think they had them when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Sardine wrote: »
    They just look awful! I mean irish people don’t dress particularly well for the most part but why do you think it’s the only place in the world where they’re worn these days??
    Is it?

I really don't understand what's awful about literally just jeans. I'm not trying to be smart. I Google image searched boot-cut jeans now and all I see is images of people wearing jeans, absolutely nothing awful about them.

Now badly fitted jeans - that's a different story, but that's not exclusive to boot-cut.

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

Is it?

I really don't understand what's awful about literally just jeans. I'm not trying to be smart. I Google image searched boot-cut jeans now and all I see is images of people wearing jeans, absolutely nothing awful about them.

Now badly fitted jeans - that's a different story, but that's not exclusive to boot-cut.

There seems to be people who think boot cut jeans look awful and people who don’t (Irish people). Boot cut = badly fitted imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

6137476820_889620e6b9_b.jpg

Desperate Dan. The original bet-into-jeggings guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

There seems to be people who think boot cut jeans look awful and people who don’t (Irish people). Boot cut = badly fitted imo.
    What's awful about the following? Not an Irish website: https://goo.gl/images/Mjz5aW

The "Oh noez boot-cut jeans!" thing just seems like a bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

How come no one has mentioned the hairstyles that go with the tight trousers and no socks?

Looks like the opposite of the mullet. Party at the front business as the back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I honestly don't get the hate over boot-cut jeans. They're just jeans!

Probably because they’re practical and bend in them and do some work in them. Also they don’t crush your balls as well as any chance of reproduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Everywhere you look you seem to see teenagers with bandy legs going on. Skinny jeans, white trainers and bandy as fck legs. Anyone else notice that? Its a wonder they can walk straight. Not specifically teenagers though, lots of people in early to mid 20's have it going on. It difficult not to notice it when one is walking straight towards you looking like they are walking on their outer foot arches the whole time. Is it a poor nutrition thing? Lot of people in the 1950's and 60's had similar going on and it was due to poor nutrition as a youngster.

I have noticed that bandy leg thing! Not everywhere but it seems fairly common. Not sure if it's the clothes, genetic or cause people generally eat like crap. We've access to some of the best foods in the world yet so many people never eat a meal that doesn't have chips in it.
    Keep an eye out for wonky ankles too OP. So many people roll on their ankles when they walk due to crappy footwear. Particularly true of the fairer sex who tend to have the more outlandish footwear. Who needs mobility in old age when you can look stylish today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

To be fair all fashion looks awful.
    It's just what you're used to.
    I really wish more people went around in cloaks and hoods. And maybe carried whips...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

myshirt wrote: »
    Everything is gone so PC now. What happened the good ole days where a swift boot in the arse solved a lot of these problems.

Case in point here and only happened yesterday.

https://streamable.com/0tbtt

The boot in the arse is a versatile tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

myshirt wrote: »
    Case in point here and only happened yesterday.

https://streamable.com/0tbtt

The boot in the arse is a versatile tool.

Haha! That oul lad! He's a fecken legend. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I'm 33 so no youngfella, but I think the kidz are better dressed now than we were. One issue in men's fashion in Ireland (and the UK) is wearing clothes that are a little too big, so guys will wear medium who would look better in a small. There's a slight fear about clothes hugging your skin too much and I can understand, but most guys will look better just moving down a size (this may depends on your physique, but most of us fit under normal-sized).

All that being said shorts seem a bit odd. I mean maybe it's a style choice, but suffering for fashion surely cannot extend to...
    WEARING SHORTS IN IRELAND.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,048 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

scopper wrote: »
    I'm 33 so no youngfella, but I think the kidz are better dressed now than we were. One issue in men's fashion in Ireland (and the UK) is wearing clothes that are a little too big, so guys will wear medium who would look better in a small. There's a slight fear about clothes hugging your skin too much and I can understand, but most guys will look better just moving down a size (this may depends on your physique, but most of us fit under normal-sized).

All that being said shorts seem a bit odd. I mean maybe it's a style choice, but suffering for fashion surely cannot extend to...
    WEARING SHORTS IN IRELAND.

Depends on the length of the shorts and how hot it is, I suppose.

Definitely not going to suffer for fashion here - never did, never will - but comfort is the main thing. Nothing looks worse than someone who clearly looks uncomfortable in what they're wearing, but persists regardless.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    He's just cranky because his man bun is too tight, his balls are being squashed in his skinny jeans and his ankles are cold :p

Genuinely laughed out loud at this.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

scopper wrote: »
    I'm 33 so no youngfella, but I think the kidz are better dressed now than we were.

Id rather x-works than the tight jeans river island/topman sells to the young people

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

What anti perspiration device are middle aged men supposed to wear if not Lynx?

Old Spice all the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Haha I was pleasantly surprised to see this thread because it actually is something I've noticed. I do regularly see a surprising amount of seemingly healthy people under 30 walking funny, and I don't know why. Maybe someone on social media told them to do it. But it's like their legs have forgotten how to... leg.

As for the fashions and styles, every generation moans about the trends of the generations that come after them. That's one thing that'll never change. Our generation's trends were stupid too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Graces7 wrote: »
    This is an education for me as I never see any teenagers.... Last time I did a street market and the schools let out for lunch it was the sheer size of the kids that alarmed me... Glad I am not teaching any more :eek:

Mind you the junk they were buying and eating, rickets would not surprise.. ;)
    I think it's the first time in history that we have seen an epidemic of people suffering from both obesity and malnutrition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Not in my gym, be ta jesus the size of them, with their protein this and their protein that

I tend to see a lot more of those guys alright. Fellas with shoulders wider than a pub television wearing tiny t-shirts.

Advertisement