Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandy legged teenagers these days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm in the second half of my twenties now.
    When I was in Secondary school.
    There was a mix of fashion/style(If that's what you'd call it)
    When I was in secondary school most people had a pair of black school shoes(some tried to get away with black runners).
    Outside of that we all wore runners of various colours and some people had brown shoes for nights out.
    Now I see guys going around in the same pair of black runners at everything with their ankles hanging out.
    Some guys wore tracksuit pants and the jogger style some were cuffed and others weren't. Which were a lot ore comfortable.
    Now I only really see skinny tracksuits.
    People wore different styles/colours as well.
    Now I just see very tight jeans which are mainly black.
    Now don't get me wrong people weren't fashionistas but I felt people went into a shop and picked out clothes they like more than now when everybody copies each other.

Regarding the no socks things. It's a look I don't like but certain people don't know how to pull it off.
    I've seen it done with school uniforms and with a very traditional suit/shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

What anti perspiration device are middle aged men supposed to wear if not Lynx?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

FanadMan wrote: »
    Cleopatra_ wrote:
    For the love of god give me a man with bootcut jeans and a baggy t-shirt any day.

Will you marry me :D

Exactly what I am wearing!

That sums it all up really. The boys are dressing the way teenage girls want them to. Teenage girls generally like to have a boy doll accessory on their arm.

Obviously when they’re 15 years older they’re never going to marry that sort and for that reason there’s not as many as of that sort about in their 30’s, certainly not heterosexuals anyway. At that stage they’re looking for the normal guy who has a good job or can fix the car by himself or ideally both.

Brut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Deodorant, created by the marketing industry to give us complexes over our smells in order to sell products to us, can't really see it taking off myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I only use that new organic brand of deodorant ‘I can’t believe it’s not deodorant’. It’s completely odourless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

It's desperate. I'm watching the Finnish detective series Deadwind on Netflix and the handsome young sidekick wears tight jeans and is so bandy-legged that he looks like he is going around permanently riding a invisible horse. I can't take him seriously as a detective at all, at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

This is an education for me as I never see any teenagers.... Last time I did a street market and the schools let out for lunch it was the sheer size of the kids that alarmed me... Glad I am not teaching any more :eek:

Mind you the junk they were buying and eating, rickets would not surprise.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Graces7 wrote:
    Mind you the junk they were buying and eating, rickets would not surprise..

Protein is good for business, hence good for us all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

theyre like a cheap hotel , no ballroom

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ye olde spice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Ye olde spice.

I was afraid of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭elefant

I really hope I never become as fuddy and closed-minded as many of the posters in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

elefant wrote: »
    I really hope I never become as fuddy and closed-minded as many of the posters in this thread.

Hahah :D the alternative to becoming old is much worse. But as a good wish for you, I really hope you never become as bandy legged as that lad in Deadwind ;)

Malayalam wrote: »
    Hahah :D the alternative to becoming old is much worse. But as a good wish for you, I really hope you never become as bandy legged as that lad in Deadwind ;)

Everyone becomes old in age, I just hope my mind can avoid becoming that stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Wibbs wrote: »
    Man, the bang of oul lad from this thread is strong the start of leakage from prostrate problems strong. :D
    You can talk to your doctor about this, Wibbs. No need to be embarrassed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Itt: old people complaining about the youth

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I agree on the no socks though. I hope they're just no show

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wont somebody please think of the children!
    Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    I think they're wearing ankle socks but that doesn't make it any better.

For the love of god give me a man with bootcut jeans and a baggy t-shirt any day.

Bootcuts are apparently making a come back as well.

Boom!!

It does make my feel slightly old though, that I had a beard before hipsters made them fashionble, and that I am experiencing the second coming of bootcuts.

:D

Although I do reserve the right to still wear my ankle socks with my cargo shorts.

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

How does a mere expression of a preference mean any of the above, or old as others are saying?!

How does a mere expression of a preference mean any of the above, or old as others are saying?!

Many of these posts are not just mere expressions of preference, but expressions of disbelief that anyone could think that a certain style could possibly be someone else's preference.

Most people probably reach a point where a younger generations tastes don't align with their own anymore. I hope I never reach a point where I'm so put out by a changing of trends that I'd describe them as 'horrific', 'tragic' or 'worrying'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Many of these posts are not just mere expressions of preference, but expressions of disbelief that anyone could think that a certain style could possibly be someone else's preference.

Most people probably reach a point where a younger generations tastes don't align with their own anymore. I hope I never reach a point where I'm so put out by a changing of trends that I'd describe them as 'horrific', 'tragic' or 'worrying'.

Maybe you'll get a sense of humour though as you mature?

muddypaws wrote: »

I can but hope to attain this level of rapier wit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

muddypaws wrote: »

He's just cranky because his man bun is too tight, his balls are being squashed in his skinny jeans and his ankles are cold :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Everything is gone so PC now. What happened the good ole days where a swift boot in the arse solved a lot of these problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

It's not that it's different. I'm happy for fashion trends to change every few years. But wearing your little sister's yoga pants started almost 15 year's ago with hipsters, before becoming mainstream 7-8 years ago and was as disturbing then as it is now. It's just hideous. And it's not just young teenagers. Some are in their twenties and their balls still haven't dropped.

The whole idea is that adults are supposed to look at photos of their teenage days and laugh/cringe at the fashion trends of their youth. However, men today are looking at photos of their youth and going - well, at least it's not as fcukin ridiculous as what the kids are wearing today.

Lynx is not, nor has ever been, an antiperspirant. It is a deodorant.

As a man, I generally use Nivea antiperspirant and an EDT for scent.

bluewolf wrote: »
    Itt: old people complaining about the youth
    Itt: old people being down with the kids by pretending this look isn't an awful state!

"You're just old complaining about the youth" has become the new "The youth of today are such and such". People even in their 60s now would have been dressing up in mad **** in the 70s.

I love creative, original style - love all the subcultures listed on the other thread, but this look is none of the above. It's just "what you wear".

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

You still see men in their 30s and 40s wearing boot cut jeans they bought 15 years ago. Awful things should be confined to history forever and for some reason only beloved by the Irish. As ridiculous as these teenagers look now we had naff jackets and x worx and two tone jeans and bleedin’ crepes when I were a yoof.

• Advertisement

I honestly don't get the hate over boot-cut jeans. They're just jeans!

Advertisement