Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 28th August

Options
  • 28-08-2018 12:30pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Decent card at ballinrobe tonight but going to hold off for the minute incase the ground changes so in the mean time

2.10 Royal Variety 7/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Rosy Ryan in the 4.35 Ripon, 8/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

For Acca fans:

The 2.10 (as above) can still avail of the 3pl but using W/O (PP) @5
    and RR (as above) has been shortening for 36hrs, but the 4pl are only avil with PP/BF @8

16:05 (via Sky) 4pl is Indian Chief @8
    19:30 (PP) 4pl BBR @3.25

Across in stickball (golf) Pulkkanen @126 is a popular wildcard, but Olesen is safer hands, (not O/R) but for the R1L @29 6pl.
    Further across the pond in swatball (tennis): S.Wills is dropping down into a still generous 5.0.

4 from 6 e/w, and a casio calculator would be nice.

As always, slap on the Swed Democrats on any spare multiples.
    Temporary peak last night @2.4, back down to evens or so today.
    12 days to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

1.55 Ripon Golden Circle - Went in heavy on this Backed @ 1.82

Good luck in your bets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Nomoathaj at Chelmsford looked a half way decent bet this evening, slightly clueless at Kempton on debut and should be improving on that given quality of some of her siblings. Highly likely that a mile will be on the short side but the two ahead of her in the market look far from bombproof and at 5/1 with the dead 8 appeals as an EW punt to nothing.

Nomoathaj at Chelmsford looked a half way decent bet this evening, slightly clueless at Kempton on debut and should be improving on that given quality of some of her siblings. Highly likely that a mile will be on the short side but the two ahead of her in the market look far from bombproof and at 5/1 with the dead 8 appeals as an EW punt to nothing.

I don't like the looks of it at all. I made a note the last time it ran and put down needs lots more time to mature. It's by Dubawi who started out winning @ 6 and 7F before being unplaced in it's first run at a mile, then going on to win at a mile.

I sincerely hope it's placed for you at least!

• Advertisement

Epsom 3.15 Desert Frost. The trainer is 0 from 6 @ 6F in the last month or so. I layed @ 2.88

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

5.20 Redstripes 8/1 4th
    5.30 Guido Reni 10/1 4th
    6.00 Moveswiftlyalong 6/1 1st
    6.30 Oh'herewego 7/1

irishgoat wrote: »
    I don't like the looks of it at all. I made a note the last time it ran and put down needs lots more time to mature. It's by Dubawi who started out winning @ 6 and 7F before being unplaced in it's first run at a mile, then going on to win at a mile.

I sincerely hope it's placed for you at least!

Be very surprised if it's not <2.0 to place on Betfair - rinse, repeat.

3.35 Ripon - Red Mist, Layed this last night @2.0. Layed it heavy again @ 1.92. I had it as one of my best bets of the day!

Be very surprised if it's not <2.0 to place on Betfair - rinse, repeat.

I agree, one thing I'm totally useless at is the place market. If I lay it, it will place, if I back it, it will lose. I hope it wins for you this evening, good luck!

• Advertisement

Well 3 bets today and 1 winner and 2 losers and I'm down a decent few quid. My next bet will be either my lot for the day or it will allow me to start again as I started the day.

3.50 epsom - Amanto layed @ 4.7

A 2/7 bet to get yourself out of trouble? Seems like chasing if I am honest.

A 2/7 bet to get yourself out of trouble? Seems like chasing if I am honest.

I have a daily allowance I can lose each day, if it goes south I'm out absolutely. Right now I'm as I started which is unfortunate for me as I'd hoped to be up. I bet from 5 or 6 bets to 15 or 16 per day depending. I keep my own handicap ratings and notes. I have mostly winning days/weeks believe it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Nobody can win by having 15 or 16 bets a day

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not. It's how I've been betting for a good few years now and I'll continue to do so.

4.15 Vaal - Noble Princess, 2nd last time, I wasn't impressed with the run watching it. Layed @ 1.79

LOL, how much are you getting laid at Vaal - not exactly liquid markets on the machine

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »

If you're full time gambling you could tbh

If you're full time gambling you could tbh

Agree, it's not too many really. If you have an edge then betting more should smooth out the variance (in theory!).

LOL, how much are you getting laid at Vaal - not exactly liquid markets on the machine

Over 37,000 matched on the market. The only racing I totally avoid is the bloody french racing. To me rating mean nearly nothing in France unless it's a really decent horse.

• Advertisement

And you think 37k constitutes a liquid market (SPOILER ALERT: it doesn't)

And you think 37k constitutes a liquid market (SPOILER ALERT: it doesn't)

I couldn't care less about how liquid the market it, if I want to lay a horse for €1000, or €1,500 at Vaal or Saratoga that's fine by me. On the other hand of course my favourite markets are the UK ones and that's where I'll have my biggest bets.

The exchange has it's pros and cons. I got caught the other evening betting at Saratoga. I backed a horse, can't remember the name of it. Caused minimal interference in the straight and was thrown out. Would never of been thrown out in Ireland or the UK.

4.35 Ripon - Give it some Teddy - layed @ 3.85

That killed a half an hour before finishing work anyway, good luck

That killed a half an hour before finishing work anyway, good luck

lol glad to entertain you. Good luck in your gambling too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

irishgoat wrote: »
    My next bet will be either my lot for the day or it will allow me to start again as I started the day.

You tell us you are a proffesional punter. That's fine if you are fair play. But I know a couple of lads at it and this is not a mentality that you should employ to be a full time punter.

If there is a bet there is a bet. If you have lost half your bankroll on a particular day then if something is overpriced you shouldn't be packing it in. Well if you've lost half your bank then you should probably review your approach but the point stands.

We all have bad days. But here should be no time period or cut off of when you start over to make things work. To be quite frank that is quite amateurish and that isn't a criticism it is merely a fact.

I have people for dinner this evening so this will be my last bet of the day and will ultimately decipher whether I'll make a profit or loss today. Good luck to everyone else who'll be betting throughout the evening.

4.50 Chelmsford Prince of Rome, OR is 72 after it's 3 runs I have it considerably lower. Layed it heavy @ 2.42

Good luck all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Prince of Rome wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Chelms 5.20.The best horse in the race by some distance is Awesome Allen 8/1.Not sure about today but he is ready to land a touch,put in tracker because he will win shortly.

Advertisement