Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition fees on the rise.

Options
  • 24-08-2018 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

What are your club competition fees for members? I'm currently club less so interested to know before I rejoin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

€5. €10 for the majors

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

€7, too much IMO when I can play an open for as little as a fiver extra or €12 extra in the vicinity

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

€5 for most
    €10 for exchange days with tralee, dooks and ballybunion and 10 major comps per yr

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭plumber77

€8 normal comp €10 majors

golfguy1 wrote: »
    €10 for exchange days with tralee, dooks and ballybunion ...

Nice, where are you a member of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

The club I'm in currently is €3 for regular events. The club doesn't suit me though for various reasons so I'm leaving at the end of this year.

The place I think I'm going to join is €10 which includes 2's. Bit steep compared to others but membership fees are on the low side compared to other courses locally to offset it I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

5.50 in my club, 7.50 for majors

slave1 wrote: »
    Nice, where are you a member of?

Killarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

€7. Includes 2's. I think it's €5.50 without 2's
    €10 for Matchplay comps
    €25 for Captains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Looking at joining Tramore but the competition fees are expensive imo.

• Advertisement

Are those competition fees, or is that the fee for the round of golf on a Pay&Play style membership?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

€6 for regular comps, €8 for majors and €15 for 27 hole captains

none of that including 2s

Are those competition fees, or is that the fee for the round of golf on a Pay&Play style membership?

Competition fees for members as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

8 euro for standard Sunday comps.. 10-15 euro for majors

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭davegilly

On a separate note, anyone know if there is a list of clubs offering pay and play or Flexi memberships available? Around the North Kildare or West Dublin areas in particular!!

davegilly wrote: »
    On a separate note, anyone know if there is a list of clubs offering pay and play or Flexi memberships available? Around the North Kildare or West Dublin areas in particular!!

Grange Castle & City West both offer pay&play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Lisheen Springs does Flexi membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭blue note

I was a member in tramore golf club until 2015. The Friday open for €13 includes a dinner after. I think you could pay for it without the dinner at €7 probably.

Regular competitions were €7 back then and probably still are. The majors a little more as with open week.

It's easily the best course around in my opinion. If that's important to you I'd be choosing tramore.

blue note wrote: »
    I was a member in tramore golf club until 2015. The Friday open for €13 includes a dinner after. I think you could pay for it without the dinner at €7 probably.

Regular competitions were €7 back then and probably still are. The majors a little more as with open week.

It's easily the best course around in my opinion. If that's important to you I'd be choosing tramore.

I agree it is a very nice course but so is faithlegg, Waterford castle and Waterford GC none of which have such high competition fees. Its a factor in my decision of where to join.

I agree it is a very nice course but so is faithlegg, Waterford castle and Waterford GC none of which have such high competition fees. Its a factor in my decision of where to join.

Dungarvan for €300 Is surely the best value in Waterford.
    Lovely greens and open all yr round
    €7 for comps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

davegilly wrote: »

Blessington Lakes have pay and play membership for 150 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

That screenshot you have, that just happens to be our open week (9 days). Member fees are quite high in those.
    Normal weekend competition is €7. Tuesday 11 hole 4ball is €5. Friday is €13, but thats with food. And just seeing that other comment, no you can't opt out of the food on Friday, Friday is €13.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭blue note

Sorry, I meant to say I think it's just open week that's that expensive. Competitions were €7 a couple of years ago. They probably still are. The friday open prices your looking at include a meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

€7. Our captains prize recently was €20 which I thought was excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Does anyone have any idea how much (if any) of the typical Sunday competition fees goes into the prizes? Or are the prizes all sponsorship and the fees all going towards the club.

Does anyone have any idea how much (if any) of the typical Sunday competition fees goes into the prizes? Or are the prizes all sponsorship and the fees all going towards the club.

I would imagine most clubs will have a fixed prize value for each week. Might differ with medals or major competitions.

I would take a punt that most clubs have very few sponsored competitions in the overall scheme of things. Probably limited to open weeks and special events.

http://castleknockmembersclub.com/2018-results/

Seve OB wrote: »
    I would imagine most clubs will have a fixed prize value for each week. Might differ with medals or major competitions.

I would take a punt that most clubs have very few sponsored competitions in the overall scheme of things. Probably limited to open weeks and special events.

http://castleknockmembersclub.com/2018-results/

You would expect open week/fortnight to be cheaper for members if it was being sponsored.

You would expect open week/fortnight to be cheaper for members if it was being sponsored.

Nope.
    I would expect better prizes.

El festino wrote: »

That is very high indeed, excessive is certainly the word

• Advertisement

El festino wrote: »
    slave1 wrote: »
    That is very high indeed, excessive is certainly the word

what do you get for it though?
    €25 for our captains the last few years, but on top of your competition entry which you really have to think is fair to be a bit more than the usual €7 for the top 3 or 4 prizes, you also get
    7 main prizes, top 3 in each class, front 9, back 9, best gross and a putting competition.
    a burger after 9 with your choice of soft drink/water/bars and generally no issue if you take a few, some folk do grab a cheeky second burger maybe before your game or after.
    oh and a few kegs of beer out on the putting green so if you want 4 or 5 pints, work away

so not bad value really

Advertisement