Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 24th August

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

irishgoat wrote: »
    3.15 Newmarket: Sangarius, backed it. Seems very very well bred odds 2.3

Wouldnt be like Stoute to have a first time out winner. Not really how he trains them all be it he had one earlier. But thats an especially bad race so you could be onto something.

Nice 1 there. He looks a nice type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

kiers47 wrote: »
    Nice 1 there. He looks a nice type.

Thanks. Being honest I didn't like the 2nd fav what so ever and with the nice breeding I thought it a nice bet. I had it as a 2 horse race basically I was nearly wrong!

3.25 Fflos Las: Q Twenty Boy, Layed it @ 2.14 Never liked the horse, it'll probably hose up but I have serious doubts about it!!

Edit: I hate the horse actually, I've just increased my lay on it!

Can't wait for this. Couldn't help myself and went in @1.88

• Advertisement

I had Battaash as good bet last night. Believe it not I've traded off, and I've just layed it @ 1.81, something just doesn't feel right to me.

3.25 Fflos Las: Q Twenty Boy, Layed it @ 2.14 Never liked the horse, it'll probably hose up but I have serious doubts about it!!

Edit: I hate the horse actually, I've just increased my lay on it!

As I suspected, the horse is a bookies mate!

That was dissapointing. :(

That was dissapointing. :(

It was sweating really bad, wasn't right I'm sure.

As I suspected, the horse is a bookies mate!

Harsh enough on a horse who is 7 from 13 for a level stakes profit of 25+ points

• Advertisement

Harsh enough on a horse who is 7 from 13 for a level stakes profit of 25+ points

The horse is 0 from 7 and was backed the last two times hence why it was so short today, am I missing something that you can see ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,755 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Huge price for a horse so consistent

The horse is 0 from 7 and was backed the last two times hence why it was so short today, am I missing something that you can see ?

Apologies i didnt read what you quoted, i thought you were referring to Battassh.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

My God. It doesn’t get much closer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Dead heat

Looks a dead heat alright but my eyes are crap with how they used to be so I can't say for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,755 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Capturebv.jpg

Id say ive lost more money betting on the Nunthorpe than any other race.
    hahaha

Fools and their money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Them eejits on Itv would drive you mad. Don't know how many times they said Battash was the fastest horse in the world, I'm no flat racing buff but I'm sure some of them 4f sprinters in the U.S would leave him standing.

4.00 Ffos Las Regina Pacis backed it. Seems a very trappy race but I have the horse 'marginally' ahead on my ratings so had a small bet on it @ 3.55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

He's no Dayjur that's for sure. Also that's never a dead heat go to Specsavers!

4.15 York Sky defender had a decent win bet @ 2.9

That's me for the day, good luck to everyone in their bets :)

Had one last bet, friend rang from and gave me Rock Force 4.30 Ffos Las, he's pretty good so I backed it, definitely my last of the day... I'm out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Them eejits on Itv would drive you mad. Don't know how many times they said Battash was the fastest horse in the world, I'm no flat racing buff but I'm sure some of them 4f sprinters in the U.S would leave him standing.
    Stone Of Folca says hello.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

aidankkk wrote: »
    Maybe its because they knew he couldn't beat the Stablemate in the Ebor. ?:rolleyes:. Scotland 50/1

Octave ran very well, I like your thinking but looking at his form I’m struggling to see him going close maybe I’m missing something ....?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

suppose its rude not to have a bet at an irish meeting 8.00 ice ice baby 14/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

BumperD wrote: »
    Octave ran very well, I like your thinking but looking at his form I’m struggling to see him going close maybe I’m missing something ....?

His run in this years gold cup is actually very good. He also ran well here after , after travelling too free . Big handicap might suit him , just have to forgive a bad run last time over too short . He's not a 50/1 shot . Trainer form is outstanding as well , and jockey has very good stroke rate .

All adds up to an interesting 50/1 shot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

aidankkk wrote: »
    His run in this years gold cup is actually very good. He also ran well here after , after travelling too free . Big handicap might suit him , just have to forgive a bad run last time over too short . He's not a 50/1 shot . Trainer form is outstanding as well , and jockey has very good stroke rate .

All adds up to an interesting 50/1 shot

He has another runner....

• Advertisement
Advertisement