Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 24th August

Options
  • 23-08-2018 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hi guys I just found the forum here and fair play there seems to be quite a few knowledgeable people here.

I've been gambling for years now and have fairly big sized bets now and then. I plan on having a few bets tomorrow. I'll look forward to see what other people are backing tomorrow

1.55 York: Melting Dew - I'll be laying this horse, yes his price is about 6/1 which is way higher than I usually lay but just cant' under any circumstances see it winning.

2.25 York: Stradivarius - I'll be absolutely smashing into this. Again shame about the price, currently about 4/11 but this won't be beaten, it's a class act.

3.35 York: Battaash - Again like the previous I'll be getting stuck into this one, currently around 4/6 which I think is a very good price. If Melting dew loses like I predict I'll 'possibly' also double this up with Stradivarius but we shall see.

Good luck in your bets!

Edit: 2.55pm The first 2 I've made good money on. The 3.35 Battaash I've layed off with a small loss, drifting too much as to when I backed it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Plenty of 8/11 around on Batash if you shop around. Just an FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I wonder will the mask come off if there is a winning day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

kiers47 wrote: »
    Plenty of 8/11 around on Batash if you shop around. Just an FYI.

Thanks for the heads up. I've already used the exchange.

In regards to the other poster, no mask here. I'm a member of another Irish dedicated betting forum but it's gone to the dogs over the past few years, practically a ghost town now but one of the members recommended here.

I do sincerely hope tomorrow is a winning day though, I will agree to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Great to see new posters, think what’s app and Twitter killing traditional forums.

Those are very short to smash into but goodluck with them! I bet smaller so they would be too short for me. Octave was in Ebor interesting they opted for a go against Stradivarius might have a chance in without market

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

BumperD wrote: »
    Great to see new posters, think what’s app and Twitter killing traditional forums.

Those are very short to smash into but goodluck with them! I bet smaller so they would be too short for me. Octave was in Ebor interesting they opted for a go against Stradivarius might have a chance in without market

Maybe its because they knew he couldn't beat the Stablemate in the Ebor. ?:rolleyes:. Scotland 50/1

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

1.55 Pacify 10/1
    3.00 Shine so bright 4/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I like St Michel ew in the lonsdale Cup.
    Ran an encouraging race in the Goodwood Cup despite the race not being run to suit. Was dropped in and travelled a little keen in a steadily run affair which I don't think we'll get here.
    Ran the best race of his career in this race last year and although he'll only be running for a place if Stradivarius puts his best foot forward there's always the chance these staying races catch up on him.
    I'd say Prescott has eyed this race with him from last year whereas it's an afterthought for others.
    Here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Maysiyana 9/4 Killarney 5:55

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

Did ye see the picture of Stradivarius on front page of the post today???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

famagusta wrote: »
    Crystal Ocean :pac:

How did that get through to print

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Lads think Tangled is much too big today in the last. He was a smart horse last season over 7 furlongs and hit the cross bar in a couple of group 3s. Not so good this year but his run two runs back at Goodwood he shaped much better than the bare result, challenging too soon ubder a claimer and racing on the wrong side. He's 6lbs lower today having ran down the field at Ascot last time over 6. This trip will suit much better today and he looks too big at 33s 5 places with a few if you can get on.

famagusta wrote: »

You mean the pic that is listed as Stradivarius but is Crystal Ocean. Shocking error really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

How unprofessional can they be. Charge 3.50 for that crap too. Havent bought a paper in about 5 years I'd say and dont plan on

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭famagusta

The Mig wrote:
    How did that get through to print

The Mig wrote:
    Crystal Ocean

kiers47 wrote:
    You mean the pic that is listed as Stradivarius but is Crystal Ocean. Shocking error really

The paper is going down hill on roller skates. That Bruce Millington fella hasn't a clue about racing either, I don't know how he's still in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Amateur hour. Blatant too. Not like they're similar looking horses even.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I think desert skyline has a decent ew shout at 20s and have taken the 13/2 without the fav also

1st run over 14f, 16's into 8's and pisses up, it'd put you off the game altogether

Had a small few bob on Ice gala in the 2.05 at Newmarket currently 3.25 odds.

1/7 shot beaten at Ffos Las !! If Stradivarius gets beaten I'll be cutting back on the fuel for the winter lol

Still don't think he's much more than above average in a shocking year

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    I think desert skyline has a decent ew shout at 20s and have taken the 13/2 without the fav also

feck it 4th

2.40 Newmarket: Bacacarat, Just had a good few quid on it, seems to be good support for it. Currently 2.48 odds

Count Octave would surely have went close in the Ebor on that showing. Strange decision considering the difference in prize money. But i suppose Sheikh Fahad is probably not to bothered about a couple of hundred thousand more.

3.0 legends of war 14/1 ew

price has doubled overnight, can't resist these odds
    saver on space traveller

that's me out for the day, not seeing a whole lot else

Bacacarat dead heat, I'll take that as according to the exchange I thought he was beaten!

Actually my only bet of the day runs in the 3.00.
    Im a gluten for punishment but i had Cosmic Law at about 7-8/1 on my tissue.
    Has disappointing the last twice in the coventry which is forgiveable and last time out i dont think he handled the track and certainly didnt appreciate the trip.

12/1 i thought was very fair.

I'm not currently happy the way thing are going for Battaash. I backed him heavily last night on the exchange as a decent bet. I've just traded off with a small loss in the 3.35 @ York as he's on the drift and no signs of it stopping just yet.

At this stage I'll 'consider' laying him but I'll decide later closer to the race but thats me done with my main bets for the day!

3.00 York: Shine to bright, really don't like it at all, layed @ 3.55!

mailburner wrote: »
    3.0 legends of war 14/1 ew

price has doubled overnight, can't resist these odds
    saver on space traveller

that's me out for the day, not seeing a whole lot else

damn it...great run though

• Advertisement

3.15 Newmarket: Sangarius, backed it. Seems very very well bred odds 2.3

Advertisement